General Organics

• Thread starter RedEyeBallz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

What is the the best soil to use with this nute line? I'm a new grower, on grow 1.5. My last grow got stolen. I was using technaflora line on my last grow and it did effin awesome. Even more so in hydroponics. No b.s. Didn't get to see the flower outcome tho.
Now I'm back and I'm using the GO line up, Bio Thrive grow, Bio Root, and super thrive. Not in veg cycle just yet. seedling still has a week or so to mature. Before I transplant I want to find out what soil will be best to use with the GO line up: organic soil. I would appreciate the love, help, input and experiences.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You can use coco husk for gh stuff, you will see amazing growth using coco compared to dirt and it is much more forgiving when first timers water too much. Overwatering in coco is no biggie as long as you let it dry out periodically, overwatering in dirt is easy to do and causes root rot.

Hate Life

Hate Life

My deepest condolences, disturbing to hear.
The best soil to use with General Organics would probably be any soil, using the full line.

I'm believe using the full line, or any nutrient line I am using.

Since we are talking about General Organics, first the first two weeks of veg, you are supposed to use Cal Mg+5 at ml/g, Diamond Black at 5-10 ml/g as, well as BioMarine at 5-10 ml/g.

With organics you are making the soil with the product line, as opposed to adding all of the raw materials, and composting them yourself.

So literally you can purchase any soil, General Organics says it is compatible with coco coir, however I don't see a reason in complicating things.

Turn that soil-less mix, into a super soil!

Keep it simple folks.

If you are worried about grabbing the entire line of nutrients, don't be.
Using less products means you will be using more of each nutrient that you do have, with the drawback of not growing in a complete soil.
Using the entire line, will make no difference in money spent / weeks grown.
If you look at the feed chart, you will get a better idea of this. When you stop using products for veg, you start using products for bloom, the only nutrients you use in the GO line the entire growth period are Cal Mg+, and optionally BioMarine.

Always refer to the feed chart Redeyeballz.

So it wouldn't matter what soil you were using, there would always be better, without using the entire nutrient spectrum so to speak.

Just use any soil (soil over coco in my opinion however coco will work), and the whole General Organics line if you are worried about having the best soil you can have.

Here is a link to the nutrient chart.
http://gh.growgh.com/docs/Feedcharts/GO_BioThrive_DTW_021616bm.pdf

RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

You can use coco husk for gh stuff, you will see amazing growth using coco compared to dirt and it is much more forgiving when first timers water too much. Overwatering in coco is no biggie as long as you let it dry out periodically, overwatering in dirt is easy to do and causes root rot.
I plan on starting one 5 or 10 gallon hydro plant, but I am gravitating more towards coco on the strength of me facing gnat problems with soil before.Those things come out of nowhere.

RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

My deepest condolences, disturbing to hear.
The best soil to use with General Organics would probably be any soil, using the full line.

I'm believe using the full line, or any nutrient line I am using.

Since we are talking about General Organics, first the first two weeks of veg, you are supposed to use Cal Mg+5 at ml/g, Diamond Black at 5-10 ml/g as, well as BioMarine at 5-10 ml/g.

With organics you are making the soil with the product line, as opposed to adding all of the raw materials, and composting them yourself.

So literally you can purchase any soil, General Organics says it is compatible with coco coir, however I don't see a reason in complicating things.

Turn that soil-less mix, into a super soil!

Keep it simple folks.

If you are worried about grabbing the entire line of nutrients, don't be.
Using less products means you will be using more of each nutrient that you do have, with the drawback of not growing in a complete soil.
Using the entire line, will make no difference in money spent / weeks grown.
If you look at the feed chart, you will get a better idea of this. When you stop using products for veg, you start using products for bloom, the only nutrients you use in the GO line the entire growth period are Cal Mg+, and optionally BioMarine.

Always refer to the feed chart Redeyeballz.

So it wouldn't matter what soil you were using, there would always be better, without using the entire nutrient spectrum so to speak.

Just use any soil (soil over coco in my opinion however coco will work), and the whole General Organics line if you are worried about having the best soil you can have.

Here is a link to the nutrient chart.
http://gh.growgh.com/docs/Feedcharts/GO_BioThrive_DTW_021616bm.pdf
I plan on using the whole line. I'm gonna just get a go box. I just have the bio thrive and bio root and those two alone cost almost the same as the GO box. Plus I heard other growers using bio bud with other nute lines. So I can't wait to use that... As far as soil over coco, why? Soil has some nutes in it already correct? So when you go to flush, it seems to me that the soil will NEVER be fully flushed unlike coco/hydro.
What is the name of GO's soil?

Hate Life

Hate Life

To each his own, I just don't like this talk about adding extra Cal Mg+ into the coco, and although some sites say that coco retains water for longer than soil, I don't think that is true.

So in my head, I don't want to add any extra Cal Mg+, and I don't want to water more often than I need to.

And one more thing to do with the GO line, is that the the solution mixes up to a very low PH (+-5.7), and it needs to dry out more in order for the PH to rise to that of the medium it is in.

Now coco and soil-less mix have near neutral PH's, but if you have to water the coco more often, that is more time that the PH range is lower than it should be for soil.

That is how it is working in my head.

Feel free to try either or, I just figure use the one that is more simple to reduce error and any deficiencies that may occur.

Hope it helps.

RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

To each his own, I just don't like this talk about adding extra Cal Mg+ into the coco, and although some sites say that coco retains water for longer than soil, I don't think that is true.

So in my head, I don't want to add any extra Cal Mg+, and I don't want to water more often than I need to.

And one more thing to do with the GO line, is that the the solution mixes up to a very low PH (+-5.7), and it needs to dry out more in order for the PH to rise to that of the medium it is in.

Now coco and soil-less mix have near neutral PH's, but if you have to water the coco more often, that is more time that the PH range is lower than it should be for soil.

That is how it is working in my head.

Feel free to try either or, I just figure use the one that is more simple to reduce error and any deficiencies that may occur.

Hope it helps.
I was just reading in another thread that coco eats up calmag like crazy. Cause it has no nute properties. Makes for a more controlled grow. And if you mix it right you can make it where you water everyday or every 3 or 4 days. That's what I hear. Seems to me to be about right especially if I'm mixing my own.

Top Bottom