General Question About Trimmers And Their Demand Market

• Thread starter DatFroDoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I belive they rent the Twister for $400 a day. If you purchase a Twister from them, they take the $400 you paid for the rental towards the purchase. In the end, a free rental.
He said it's for 12 hours and they send a tech for support and to clean it.

I paid $500 per day. Didn't use it a second day,fwiw
I agree with what somebody else posted earlier, trichome stripper, bud raper, hot mess

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Has anybody here actually used one of those trim pal machines?
Maybe give us all the real low down. I've tried several wet trimmers, yet continue to hand trim.

I just watched that video but it doesn't really show much.
I testimonials are all great on their website, of course :rolleyes:
Which video, theirs, or the one I made? I know mine wasn't very good, the camera on my old phone wasn't so great but I did try to also give some still shots. I think @Bulldog11 will agree with me that the humidity level of the product is of extreme importance, along with the type of bud structure itself, with regard to the end result.

So, to answer your question, yes, I've actually used a TrimPal, and the moment I can afford it I'm getting one of my own. I was able to use it thanks to the kind generosity of a fellow farmer, un caballero campesino.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

@Seamaiden I didn't see your video, it was the one on their website.
I'll search for it and other posts about the trim pal, thanks

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

i cant trust anyone to trim for me anymore....they are just not reliable....i used to get ppl i know to help out and i would pay them....but the problem is after a day or 2 of trimming, they just dont show up...so my trimming team would go from 15 ppl to 3-4 in like 2 days...and i was paying very good too....the other issue is if you get ppl you dont know very well then you always at risk....i suppose if i went big again, i might invest in a centurion trimmer...theyre only abou 6k, and seem to compete with 14k twisters, but smaller...i guess will see with time
What a shame, don't get me wrong trimming sucks, but it's a heck of a lot easier than most jobs. Hell if someone offered me my same bennies with $5/hr cut in pay to go trim I'd jump on that shit. Hard to beat manufacturing bennies though...

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

What a shame, don't get me wrong trimming sucks, but it's a heck of a lot easier than most jobs. Hell if someone offered me my same bennies with $5/hr cut in pay to go trim I'd jump on that shit. Hard to beat manufacturing bennies though...

It comes with some bennies:cool:
here's how trimming usually goes at my place

smoking
bullshit session
more smoking
more bullshitting
Lunch
more smoking
more bullshitting
more smoking
Hey, you wanna take some of this shit home?

Not an entirely bad way to spend the day

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i know how ya feel....but some ppl are more patient and good at small tedius jobs.....if pay is same, id rather be stacking bales of dirt all day...i cant sit still for long....when i tim i cant do it for more than 2 hrs max, i get crazy back pain just sitting there....and i get super frustrated and discouraged...id rather work a physically harder job than sit there doing something simple that will drive my mind nuts lol

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i find it easier to trim others bud then my own. when im trimming myself i get all frustrated and i never let anyone come to my spot except a very few

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I used to have the fear about people knowing about my grow.
With the trimming service, I highly doubt a company would be in it to set up jack moves.
I'm considering buying a few trimming machines and setting up a trimming company in Oregon when it all becomes legal.
The team of trimmers I currently have are pretty great. I never have them at my grow.
I bring my fresh cut branches in the black and yellow bins to where I'm trimming.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I used to have the fear about people knowing about my grow.
With the trimming service, I highly doubt a company would be in it to set up jack moves.
I'm considering buying a few trimming machines and setting up a trimming company in Oregon when it all becomes legal.
The team of trimmers I currently have are pretty great. I never have them at my grow.
I bring my fresh cut branches in the black and yellow bins to where I'm trimming.
the company doesnt have to be in on it to set up jack moves...just one employee...or just one loud mouth employee at a bar or while drinking...

loose lips sink ships...

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

the company doesnt have to be in on it to set up jack moves...just one employee...or just one loud mouth employee at a bar or while drinking...

loose lips sink ships...

I'm taking about recreational. Business license. Legal shit. I personally know a few 502 growers that rent trimmers. Not some shady craigslist trimmers either. I believe they are called buzzy bee trimmers or something like it.
Trimming services are not for every grower. Some people do like the convenience of others doing it for them.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

I'm taking about recreational. Business license. Legal shit. I personally know a few 502 growers that rent trimmers. Not some shady craigslist trimmers either. I believe they are called buzzy bee trimmers or something like it.
Trimming services are not for every grower. Some people do like the convenience of others doing it for them.
yes if your in colorado...then yes, it can be treated like any other business....at that point the worst you gotta fear is either sticky fingers or the feds...either way, like my post from earlier in this thread i had said the only time teams of trimmers will become viable is when its fully legal, like colorado...at that point it can be like any other field job on the farm where you hire outside work to do your picking...(usually mexicans because their hard workers and arent shy of hard long hours...they want the $)...even up here in canada, when driving through the country farmlands, you will see small "clicks" of 5-10 ppl walking or biking down the road in the middle of nowhere to get to the fields, and its all mexicans...go figure

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

yes if your in colorado...then yes, it can be treated like any other business....at that point the worst you gotta fear is either sticky fingers or the feds...either way, like my post from earlier in this thread i had said the only time teams of trimmers will become viable is when its fully legal, like colorado...at that point it can be like any other field job on the farm where you hire outside work to do your picking...(usually mexicans because their hard workers and arent shy of hard long hours...they want the $)...even up here in canada, when driving through the country farmlands, you will see small "clicks" of 5-10 ppl walking or biking down the road in the middle of nowhere to get to the fields, and its all mexicans...go figure

Recreational is already here in Washington. Oregon goes rec in July. The licensing for such will start in January 2016.
I assume there will be a need for trimming company's in either rentals, purchases or crews to hire.
Some security company's out here like ADT (not actual ADT) have a Marijuana security company.
Things are changing.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

@Seamaiden I found your video earlier and watched it, Thanks.

I do regret to inform you though, my attorney at Dewey, Cheatum & Howe will be contacting you regarding the physical pain and mental anguish I suffered all day because of that stupid song. It's been stuck in my head ALL DAY :p

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Recreational is already here in Washington. Oregon goes rec in July. The licensing for such will start in January 2016.
I assume there will be a need for trimming company's in either rentals, purchases or crews to hire.
Some security company's out here like ADT (not actual ADT) have a Marijuana security company.
Things are changing.
I don't think the recreational producers who will survive are going to be hand trimming. It is all getting machine trimmed.

Top Bottom