Genetics Suggestions...

• Thread starter ShorelineTex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ShorelineTex

Yes, yes, I know...everyone asks for suggestions on strains they should grow for one reason or another, so apologies for adding another thread in advance!

I want to give a little background on my habits, and then the traits I'm looking for in some new moms.

I've grown mostly from a single mother grown from a seed found in a bag of Shoreline. She's been wonderful to me. I grow in soil, and I'm used to Bagseed Shoreline clones eating just about all the nutes I can cram in without so much as a whimper. Unfortunately, I haven't had the same luck with Burmese Kush, which appears to get really nitrogen burned on my mix. I've tried the last grows with some BuKu and different levels of additives in my soil mix, but she still hates me.

Eventually, I would like to have 2 - 3 more moms - one that's a good sativa/indica mix, and one with a full-blown indica nighty-night stone (my bagseed mom has a nice, uppity sativa high, so I'm good there).

Apparently, I need to have some strains that aren't too nute sensitive, as this is the main issue that has frustrated me with the BuKu.

I'd also like something that doesn't take more than 8.5-9 weeks to finish, as the way I do my organic mixes and subsequent additions tends to peter out after about 9 weeks. I tried SAGE a while back, and it was good, but not so good that I want to wait 11-12 weeks and have lots of extra work to do while it finishes!!

My bagseed mom is pretty stinky towards the end of bloom, but the odor is still controllable. Even though I *can* control it, I'd still prefer something that doesn't have a completely overpowering odor/taste (diesels and whatnot)...I'll take a nice, tasteless strain with a killer stone any day.

While I'd like something that yields reasonably well, I'm willing to sacrifice commercial yields like Big Bud and whatnot for something a bit more gourmet with moderate yields, as long as the other characteristics are met.

OG Raskal's stuff looks *absolutely* amazing, but I don't want to bid $400 on something with unfamiliar characteristics. I know this info is probably on here somewhere, but does anyone know if his stuff is too terribly nute sensitive? His aliens look like they flower in 8-9 weeks - I know I'd probably have to take all my vacation and camp next to my computer in order to get them, but hey, I might do that if the characteristics are there!

I know there's a strain guide on here, but there's just some bits and pieces you can't get anywhere else except experienced growers.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

S

ShorelineTex

My last post is a lot of words. To summarize, help me pick an indica and a good indica/sativa hybrid that:

-Eats nutes like a champ
-Doesn't take more than about 8.5-9 weeks to finish
-Won't stink out the entire neighborhood (but stinking out the closet is OK)
-Yields alright (doesn't have to be a completely commercial strain)

Do any of OG Raskal's strains fit the bill?

Oh - one more thing...I grow SOG/single kola, so something that doesn't branch out and does ok with very little vegetative period.

S

ShorelineTex

It would be a plus if the strains did well in warmer temps as well.

H

HypnoToad

http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/

I know this isn't a direct answer, but I'm a new grower, and I don't want to give you secondhand info. I've read tons of shit on weed, but I'm on my second (first solo) grow, so advice from me is always taken with a grain of salt, or even, better with a fat bowl. Anyway, the link above will allow you to get multiple seeds fairly cheap, or if you want to get an uber strain, you can still save a little by buying...oh say, 4 vs 10. Anyway, it is my opinion that, with the subjectivity of what makes the best weed, you'll ultimately have to find out for yourself.

Ok, maybe one suggestion. The Fly pack by Mosca has C99 BX1 (the indica), and his new strain that I believe is slated for competition this year. He won't reveal the genetics yet, but says it's an Indica/Sativa hybrid. So basically that's both of your needs right there in one bag. it costs 75 bucks for 10 seeds here at the farm.

Good luck with whatever you pick,
HT

N

norstar

I have run Jack the Ripper from TGA SubCool Seeds the past two summers and they loved the hot sun. that is a solid hybrid.

I don't tend to run pure Indies in the extreme heat they tend to bud rot. I would look for a skunk or afghani cross that has an indy dom stone or some kush hybrid.
my kushage ran good in the heat this year but takes about 10-12 weeks.

R

Rolln J

og kush at 63 days in hydro is pretty good - but its so much better at 70! and in dirt you might not be happy with og at 9 weeks.

I think the cvk has some phenos closer to 8 weeks...

M

Mr.LovaLova

I run Sensi Star quite a bit, she loves the nutes and finishes for me in about 8 weeks, but I run hydro. Great hybrid. As far as indica dominant goes Northern Lights is amazing and loves the nutes, she will finish in 50-55 days for you. These are old school genetics, I don't live in Cali or the Dam so I don't have numerous strains at my disposal, but from my experience this is what i would recommend.

Top Bottom