Geneticsorama

• Thread starter pdxfire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pdxfire

pdxfire

Thanks Fresh. I am curing some daybreaker. it was a bit larfy but it might be the result of user error. I am not done trying with her yet. This is also my first run on the grape stomper og. Not sure how she'll finish up. She was really early to frost up and the buds are fairly tight.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Thanks Fresh. I am curing some daybreaker. it was a bit larfy but it might be the result of user error. I am not done trying with her yet. This is also my first run on the grape stomper og. Not sure how she'll finish up. She was really early to frost up and the buds are fairly tight.
looks like those beds u changed over toooo are working ... Just the way we like it !

Lamadawg

Lamadawg

Nice job PDX that's a lot of work you have going on there. I see you have the burning desire too. I can't wait to hear what you find in that treasure chest. All the best to you and the rooms. Hit me up when you get a second. Peace

pdxfire

pdxfire

Well little update. I got hit with broad mites and those guys in a perpetual system left me kinda like the frog in the water. By the time I diagnosed the problem (thanks to my local peeps) my garden was shot. Things are back on track now sorta. But watch out for those broad mites. You can't see them with the naked eye and they attach only weaker/sativa plants at first. I spent a lot of time thinking I had weak genetics or all kindsa theories. You can really be banging your head on the wall before you figure it out. Trust me. I'm guessing though that they primarily win battles in perpetual systems. Someone in High Times recommends putting pole beans in your garden as they are kinda like a canary in a coal mine for mites. I'm doing it.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Hey. Guy u still got problems ? Get the room filled? Still waiting on those seeds got others if u need. Let me know. M

pdxfire

pdxfire

Hey Medusa. I think I killed em all. Bought a nice skope though for keeping an eye on em. I'd probably take some seeds. Especially if they are fire. I have a hard time not taking seeds. Bit of an addiction. See you're rocking it as always. Let's grab a drink soon

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
So room is empty buddy? We can't have that. I can fill some void lets connect this weekend. Got a couple nice production plants. And seeds. M

pdxfire

pdxfire

Room was empty for a week or more but it is full now. I lost a lot of genetics but still have way too many. Yeah let's get together over the weekend. I'd like to grab that Starfighter back from you. lost her in the war and never got to run her..

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
U got it. Throw ya some others too. Finally running frog. U can have rest of seeds no time.

Last edited:
pdxfire

pdxfire

excellent. thank you very much. you got yourself some fantastic gear there to run. sooo jealous.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
It's not like your not. getting any buddy I just have to sort thru. it

619ster

619ster

What did you do to get rid of the mites? I went thru a two year battle with them one time lol. I've been mite free for about a year and just spotted some this week. So its game on lol! Losing genetics is not an option for me (at least not with my Alien Rock Candy), so I'll be going to war here shortly. Just seeing if you've got any useful tactics I haven't thought of. Good luck on the new run. Can't wait to see what you'll be running. Peace!

pdxfire

pdxfire

What did you do to get rid of the mites? I went thru a two year battle with them one time lol. I've been mite free for about a year and just spotted some this week. So its game on lol! Losing genetics is not an option for me (at least not with my Alien Rock Candy), so I'll be going to war here shortly. Just seeing if you've got any useful tactics I haven't thought of. Good luck on the new run. Can't wait to see what you'll be running. Peace!
Hey six what's up! Thanks for stopping in. I took my rooms to 120 for an hour. I did it a couple times because I was not real confident I held it at 120 and then finally i went well over - over 130 for an hour and that's how i lost some of my genetics that were unrooted cuts in the cloner. In retrospect I'd give this advice for cooking: buy those mr heaters - mh18b wherever you can find them maybe amazon. Buy enough of them so if your room is say 8x10x20 you'd want i don't know maybe 4. turn off all exhausting hoods or whatever and turn off the ac. the point being though that ideally you want to make it to 120 real freakin fast cause plants don't like these kindsa temps. and don't have unrooted clones ideally of genetics you don't want to lose.

that's it it seemed to do the trick. But I also bought some mega wash and everytime i think i see weird growth I pull a leave and put it under my new badass scope and i haven't seen anything in the scope but i go ahead and spray the crap outta any possibly weird looking growth. hope that helps. (just to be clear though, i'm talking about broad mites here not spider mites - spider mites are a whole different story - i've always eliminated them using those bug killing yellow/white strip things from home depot).

pdxfire

pdxfire

or if you can get your hands on some electric space heaters those are cool too but the problem is that i couldn't find any that would continue heating to 120. they'd shut off short of that.

619ster

619ster

Thanks. Pretty sure with this heat I can manage to hit 120 degrees with just turning off my ventilation lol. And yea I'm dealing with spider mites. I couldn't imagine getting hit with broad mites but its good to be prepared. Thanks for the info.

monkeymun

monkeymun

So do I Medusa. Got a couple of microscope from these guys in the past, good quality and decent prices.

The stereo zoom ones are awesome fun to use.

Top Bottom