Germination

• Thread starter Newbie987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie987

Newbie987

Can I germinate seeds (wet paper towel technique) without needing to let the water sit for 24/72 hours to decolorisation.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thank you very much. Was just curious as I've been told that it can cause harm to the plants so I thought it might be the same as when germinating
Herms come from light leaks and shit genetics... its a hormone thing. Think about all the people planting soon and all they use is a garden hose.... seeds will get down in a lot of shitty situations hahaha

Newbie987

Newbie987

Herms come from light leaks and shit genetics... its a hormone thing. Think about all the people planting soon and all they use is a garden hose.... seeds will get down in a lot of shitty situations hahaha
Thanks. I've popped them in some room temp water at 24oC in a glass to soak for a bit before I put them in a paper towel

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

just make sure to KEEP the paper towel moist not wet in a nice worm room with lil light

Newbie987

Newbie987

just make sure to KEEP the paper towel moist not wet in a nice worm room with lil light
I've put them in a moist paper towel my temp is ranging between 21-26oC been there for a couple of hours. The paper towel seems to be getting dry very quick.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

are u just letting the towel set on the shelf or something need to put in a zip lock or in a dish with a lid

Newbie987

Newbie987

are u just letting the towel set on the shelf or something need to put in a zip lock or in a dish with a lid
I've put a moist paper towel on a plate with the seeds on top followed by another moist paper towel and plate to cover them

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

yah that is going to dry out like crazy try like I said

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

u don't want it open

open lets out the moisture and u don't want that that is what is making it dry out so fast

just take towel wet it put seeds in then fold it over where they are coved then put in a bag or any thing u can close

and there u have it

F

FooDoo

i soaked a paper towel in tap, rung it out a little, put seeds on it, folded it, slide it into a sandwich baggy that is left open then put it on a warm cable box at 2am. most have already popped

DSC 0685
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

i soaked a paper towel in tap, rung it out a little, put seeds on it, folded it, slide it into a sandwich baggy that is left open then put it on a warm cable box at 2am. most have already popped

sure looks soaked could see why u would not need it close

Top Bottom