• Thread starter Newbie987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie987

Newbie987

I've popped them in a big plastic bag in the airing cuboard at 24Oc

Newbie987

Newbie987

Good news! The seeds have started to show there taproots! There's just one that hasn't but I was expecting some that wouldn't make it

T

TripC

I'd do a combo of the recommendations on this thread. No plates. Soak paper towels squeeze some water out (just a little tiny bit of water - don't try to close your fists trying to get all of the water out!). Place seeds on paper towel. Fold paper towel over. Place in baggy. Fold baggy opening side underneath the baggy so that the paper towels weigh it down so that the opening isn't exposed to the side (place in a warm environment). Do NOT close/seal bag. Wait until approx. half inch taproot appears. Plant.

Good luck.

Newbie987

Newbie987

I've had 6/10 that have shot the taproot out. The other 4 I've left for the night for them to shoot as they've crack and showing signs they've about to shoot

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

The taproot has very fine hairs on it, hairs which are pulled out when you remove it from the paper towel.

Seed sprouting in agriculture has been the same for thousands of years, sprout in the medium the plant is going to grow in. You'll get the best possible results, with the fewest chances at having problems.

The paper towel method is what you use when you want to check the germination rate of a new batch of seeds. (before selling them) Put 100 seeds in a ziplock with a damp paper towel and count how many sprout. 99 sprouted? 99% germination rate. I figure someone, years ago, asked a seed breeder if they were going to just throw out the sprouted test... and the paper towel mythology was born.

Westie

Westie

The taproot has very fine hairs on it, hairs which are pulled out when you remove it from the paper towel.

Seed sprouting in agriculture has been the same for thousands of years, sprout in the medium the plant is going to grow in. You'll get the best possible results, with the fewest chances at having problems.

The paper towel method is what you use when you want to check the germination rate of a new batch of seeds. (before selling them) Put 100 seeds in a ziplock with a damp paper towel and count how many sprout. 99 sprouted? 99% germination rate. I figure someone, years ago, asked a seed breeder if they were going to just throw out the sprouted test... and the paper towel mythology was born.

Good info, .C. Thanks.

Newbie987

Newbie987

Thanks for all your information guys! Proud to say that I've had a 100% successful germination all 10 have germinated and are now in small pots growing so fast. Now have their first set of leaves!! Never thought I'd get them all germinated let alone have their first leaves lol!
Thanks again guys

T

TripC

Thanks for all your information guys! Proud to say that I've had a 100% successful germination all 10 have germinated and are now in small pots growing so fast. Now have their first set of leaves!! Never thought I'd get them all germinated let alone have their first leaves lol!
Thanks again guys
Congrats! Glad you got a 100% success rate. Good luck on your grow.

Top Bottom