Getting Canna + Calimagic Dialed In And Stopping Overfeeding

• Thread starter Thelight413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thelight413

Thelight413

alright so i was feeding at just 10ml/gal and 10-12 ml/gal rhyzo and it was a little to hot for the plants (Purpling stems and dark green leafs) so i stooped down the feed to 7ml/gal A+B bringing my EC to 1, stems greened up nicely as well as the new growth but I believe it is a little deficient based on the leaf colorings.. I have upped the feed with 1ml/gal Calimagic bringing total EC to 1.1 (I did this today so I'm expecting to see results in a few days or so) but these pics are before Adding any calimagic.

image2%20%281%29-S.jpg

image3%20%281%29-S.jpg

image1%20%281%29-S.jpg

P

Pimples

With canna coco 8 to 12 ml per gallon of each a&b is the sweet spot for me with most strains. If your tap os below 250 ppm (500 scale) then you prolly dont need r.o. water. There is plenty of cal and mag in the start water and the base nutrient for ANYTHING in coco coir as long as pH is within 5.7 - 6.1. My tap is 110 (0.2ec) and with 10 ml per gallon of Canna Coco it reads about 650-670 ish after adding pH down and Greenfuse Root Stimulator. This is perfect for veg. I bump it up to 12 ml per gallon of each part in peao flower on most strains. I use none of the Canna additives. I prefer HDI/Growth Technology/Europonic line. The silica is one of the more potent brands. ..nitrozime and fossil fuel for a weekly foliar in veg (its better than any Canna product they dont want u spraying but we still do)... I use the Greenfuse root ajd bloom stims (or atami b cuzz - same thing) because they are the same and slightly cheaper ( NOT bloomtastic or rootastic just stimulators) and even use Ionic p/k boost as a Canna replacement. ...its virtually the same but cheaper. I actually use Ionic base nutes too but with some strains in coir the 3-2-6 bloom is a little too low in calcium (its a one part) and a little too high in potassium for a true coco coir nutrient. Some strains only. Here in the States HDI dropped thier coco specific nute amd reformulated for a soil only bottle and this has really lower calcium and magnesium compared to the standard 3-1- 5 and 3-2-6 bases. If HDI would gear up a straight coco Ionic line like thier sister company Growth Tech in Europe i would be all over it.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Coco coir nutes really need higher calcium and magnesium and lower k and this would be hard to do in a one part. It would react with suplher and precipitate out of solubility as gypsum. Plants cant really absorb that gunk. Its basically chalk.

P

Pimples

Been using 0 cal-mag with the canna A&B They already have it
Alot of people using a cal mag product along with a coco coir specific base nutrient (which has PLENTY OF CALCIUM AND MAGNESIUM) are seeing the benefit of IRON from the supplement and they dont even know it. Canna coco nutrient is low in iron. Alot of base nute brands are. One reason why alot of them add humics and fulvics to the base. You COULD see an iron problem with certain strains and especially if your pH and EC is off. CaliMagic from GH is calcium carbonate. Not very absorbable frol a plant perspective. But thats ok with coco specific nutrients. You want the iron dtpa (eddha is ideal but pricey for manufacturers) from the supplement when using Canna coco nutes. Canna assumes your using tap water of at least 175-200 ppm (0.4 EC)...lately ive been bumping up my 110ppm (0.2 EC) tap to about 180 ppm (0.4 EC) with CaliMagic before 650 - 750 ppm of Canna base with all my strains. I pH the usual 5.7 - 5.8 and let the tanks rise naturally (tap hardness buffer) just before refill and reset. The strains that always looked fine look the same and the "tricky" ones (we all have those ones - and there ususally the fire ass kickers - thats why we keep them) look much much better. Like all fixed no problems better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom