Getting Outdoor Cuttings To Root.

• Thread starter cubby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cubby

cubby

I have no problem with my aero cloner until I try to root outdoor cuttings.
How come I can never get cuttings I take from outdoor plants to root?

S

smokinrav

Are you rooting them outdoors?

My tomato cuttings root just fine sitting in the outdoor shade/sun all day, since they were in the sun to begin with.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Should Be Simple

Outdoor Cloning 1. Grow plant to be cloned to decent size
2. Get keg cups(colored)
3. Fill keg cups with decent soil moistened
4. Poke hole in soil in cups
5. Take cuttings from desired plant, as cuttings are taken immediately dip cut end into rooting gel/powder
6. Then place cutting into hole made in the middle of the keg cup
7. Squish damp soil around the new cutting seating/setting it into its new environment
This is best done right after the plants show their sex that way you still have good sun for the clones to develop roots and start vegetative growth
8. After you have taken your clones and have them planted in the cups find a nice level area in as much sun as you can get and let them go
9. Keep clones damp for 1st week after that let them go from wet to dry to wet etc. just like regular plants
Hope this helps

mal

T

tristynhawk

i have did a bunch this year i just take a butter bowl with me full of water and submerge them in water until i use them. i have had them in the bowl for up to three hours.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have no problem with my aero cloner until I try to root outdoor cuttings.
How come I can never get cuttings I take from outdoor plants to root?
It may have to do with the growth phase, or it may have to do with where the cuttings were taken, or it may have to do with the "strength" of the plant itself (the stem/stalk). Do you scarify before putting into the cloner? I haven't used mine in quite a while but it's going to need to be cleaned up and whipped out next month. I never had it going when I had OD plants going, so I can't speak to any differences in cloning rates between indoor vs outdoor plants using an aerocloner.

However, be sure you take from the lowest part of the plant possible, and scarify the stem before dropping it into the cloner. Outside of that, I'd begin to examine how best to prepare the plant prior to taking cuts.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Outdoor cuts are always extra vigorous for me, top or bottom cuts. I just make sure to get a node under the medium, no need to scarify (although it helps to). I use oasis cubes though.

cannabeans

cannabeans

in the morning...

try taking the cut from the plant early in the morning, before the sun starts baking down on her, this is the time when the plant has the most water in her system. this should help.

S

smokinrav

I want to know if he's trying to root clones from outdoors under fluoros. That what it read like. Cubby? You there?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's how I do it. I would actually love to be able to get them to root under natural sunlight. Maybe I'll get my aerocloner cleaned up and sterilized today, take some cuttings, leave it indoors but exposed to light and see what happens. Because otherwise I have to clean out the whole veg-table-box and get all that crap fired up again, much bigger job and my thumb's been squished.

P

PRODUCT

cloning is super super super easy if you treat it easy

get some rockwool and soak in 5.5 clean water with a lemon
take some clippings and soak them in water for 24 hours
insert cuttings in cubes with rooting gel or without!!!!
place them in a storage bin and cover with wrap
spray them with something mild about 150ppms i used General organics ROOTs 1-1-1
leave it under the sun but not directly
come back 3 to 7 days
BOOM... ROOOTS

thats how i did it

Top Bottom