Getting started with organics with top dressing

• Thread starter organicsaregreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

organicsaregreen

Here’s what I do, I buy roots organics in .75cu bags (5 gal) (I just cut the top and use the bags as pots) from Amazon and after two weeks from seed I add a top sprinkle (like sprinkling powder) of 1tsp/gallon of dolomite lime (to keep ph at 7 when I water) on the top layer and 1 tsp/gal of blood meal (12-0-0) until I see calyxes, then once every 3 weeks of budding, I add 1tsp/gal high p guano and bone meal (0-12-0) and I don’t flush, it really helps smell and all you have to do is water with tap water, you need to sprinkle dolomite lime on the top soil every 3 months, also I throw in these humid acid crystals and once or twice I feed my plants myco which is a root innoculant and grows killer plants

Attached is pics of my organic grow, first is a chronic plant I’m going to sog, and there’s a bubba kush auto and a Pineapple Express auto, it’s super easy and maintenance free, but unless you use teas it’s not going to be as fat as like, synth ferts, but your mileage my vary

Also Amazon if you buy prime can ship some stuff same day or next day for 12$/mo, great for lazy people or people trying to lay low

Getting started with organics with top dressing
Getting started with organics with top dressing 2
Getting started with organics with top dressing 3
Getting started with organics with top dressing 4
Getting started with organics with top dressing 5
Getting started with organics with top dressing 6
Getting started with organics with top dressing 7
O

organicsaregreen

You may get some burning if over fed, I personally use a hand shovel and estimate the tsp/gal

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I do organic growing, but it's nothing like what you're doing, so it's difficult to compare methods. I do top dress nutrients, though. I use Gaia Green nutrients and reuse my soil. I started with Fox Farm soils, but by now I'm sure few of the original nutrients remain. So, I add amendments every time I prepare soil for a new grow. I haven't yet had a problem with nutrient burning. My basic recipe is 3 tbsp of dry nutrients per gallon top dressed a few weeks apart.

dolomite lime
I prefer Epsom salt and gypsum because unlike dolomite lime, they tend not to raise the pH. Cannabis prefers slightly acidic soil. Sulfur is also known to improve flavor.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Everyone really needs to figure out their own mix of soil. I occasionally reuse but i mostly just put it into my outdoor garden and start with a new mix. Typically if I reuse its outdoor

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Everyone really needs to figure out their own mix of soil.
So true, and the possibilities can be overwhelming.

I occasionally reuse but i mostly just put it into my outdoor garden and start with a new mix. Typically if I reuse its outdoor
Some of my soil is used outside, too. Adding amendments increases the volume, so I run out of space, and I really don't need a lot of it. I just try to have enough for 2 or 3 or 4 grows. I also have two full bags of Ocean Forest that need to be used. So, yes, there are limits to reuse. There are challenges, too, like figuring out how much nutrients need to be added. Reused soil tends not to have much.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
So true, and the possibilities can be overwhelming.

Some of my soil is used outside, too. Adding amendments increases the volume, so I run out of space, and I really don't need a lot of it. I just try to have enough for 2 or 3 or 4 grows. I also have two full bags of Ocean Forest that need to be used. So, yes, there are limits to reuse. There are challenges, too, like figuring out how much nutrients need to be added. Reused soil tends not to have much.
I agree resusing soil without testing it can be a crap shoot. I've had mostly good results though

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I agree resusing soil without testing it can be a crap shoot. I've had mostly good results though
I did okay. The plants looked great at first, but then started having magnesium deficiency problems and I was slow to respond. I started foliar feeding and the plants recovered. They're just taking longer than I'd like. I have pre-flower nutrients mixed and will top dress them the next time I water. I'll probably flip the lights next week.

O

organicsaregreen

thanks for the replies!! also check out myco+, really boosts root growth and increases available nutes to your soil plants in organics, I put 5 grams of myco+ (I got a little jar of it for like 20$ from amazon) top dressed on my plants and within hours im seeing improved growth, too much can lead to webbing on the soil I think, I just use the big part of the included measuring spoon and I think that's five grams for 1 5 gallon pot

its like night and day, try it out!

O

organicsaregreen

also the photos attached are considered underfed, if you follow my guide line you'll get amazing plants with amazing terps but yield might not be as good as weekly measuring and applying chemical salt ferts. but my method all you do is water with plain water thanks to the lime, the lime keeps the ph at 7. just top dress every 3vweeks! pair this with a home made irrigation system and you have a worry free setup!

I use guano both high in n and p, and blood/bone meal along with humic acid crystals, and myco+

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

with the pics that you have shown i would rather stick to my methods of organic growing
also the photos attached are considered underfed, if you follow my guide line you'll get amazing plants with amazing terps but yield might not be as good as weekly measuring and applying chemical salt ferts. but my method all you do is water with plain water thanks to the lime, the lime keeps the ph at 7. just top dress every 3vweeks! pair this with a home made irrigation system and you have a worry free setup!

I use guano both high in n and p, and blood/bone meal along with humic acid crystals, and myco+
with the pics that you have shown i would rather stick to my methods of organic growing all i do is water topdress monthly and NEVER PH
IMG 20240301 181359814
IMG 20240301 181559879
IMG 20240301 181707027

N

Natep

I really enjoy seeing all the different ways guys are growing organic. I personally reuse my soil. It was to expensive to make to not reuse. I have a 4x4 bed in one of my tents and two 15 gallons in another. I re amend with the leaves I pull off the plant craft blend and worm castings. I also make fpj lab wscap wsc faa. Your grow seems to work good for you. Congrats.

N

Natep

thanks for the replies!! also check out myco+, really boosts root growth and increases available nutes to your soil plants in organics, I put 5 grams of myco+ (I got a little jar of it for like 20$ from amazon) top dressed on my plants and within hours im seeing improved growth, too much can lead to webbing on the soil I think, I just use the big part of the included measuring spoon and I think that's five grams for 1 5 gallon pot

its like night and day, try it out!

I use a similar product in my soil building. I use both a pre charged bio char and a mycorrhiza. The webbing you see is a good thing.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

This is another one of those "advertisement" threads. Guy mentions amazon like 5 times. AMAZON AMAZON AMAZON. He's just trying to get us to buy more things from amazon.

P

PahPahCee

Those plants still had weeks to go. They’re Self cannibalizing because they’re starving.

Top Bottom