getting sucked in by hombolts own gravity

• Thread starter audius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
audius

audius

hey fellow farmers, im kinda wondering about this product & how to use it right. from the forums i have read & the web cite im getting conflicting info. such as use 1 mil per gal with reg nute but cut the nutes back by half, use 5 mil per 5 gal but no nutes. but its ok to use additives such as sweet or molasas. run 3 days with just a tsp per gal for 3 days then switch back to nutes. so.im starting to go in week 6 of a 9 week strain & would love some feedback on this. i know gravity is some powerfull shit & i dont want to burn up my crop.

E

Emithsuk

Tsp per gallon will kill your crop.will make your buds denser but will also decrease flavor a lot and tends to be more harsh. Just did a side by side the sour d without gravity was way tastier and smother.

C

cheech

Tsp per gallon will kill your crop.will make your buds denser but will also decrease flavor a lot and tends to be more harsh. Just did a side by side the sour d without gravity was way tastier and smother.

Was there any difference in yield, or was it strictly tighter buds? Would you run it again if you had a bottle of it on hand?

phenotyper

phenotyper

MrBong posted a link you should read! I used to use gravity, but honestly flavor and smell of the flowers has improved since I stopped, at a tradeoff for density it would seem.

E

Emithsuk

Cheech I do have a bottle on hand still and didn't run it this time. I do not feel it improved my yield. If I do experiment with it again I will post it here. Honestly as long as you have a 1k light over a 4x4 area and decent temp control you won't need gravity at all.

H

Hydro-Soil

Great Link!

Yes, Please stop using Gravity, Phosphoload, Bushmaster, FlowerDragon and Top Load. Especially if you're making concentrates with it.

You CAN achieve yield without it... just takes thinking for each garden.

Stay Safe! :D

sedate

sedate

hydro-soil said:
You CAN achieve yield without it... just takes thinking for each garden.

There is a very distictive crispy type of 'chunk' that gravity throws off when it is used correctly.

I love the stuff. I don't care if California banned it I have to compete out here.

If folks are worried about carcinogens, then they should quit smoking.

sedate

sedate

audius said:
such as use 1 mil per gal with reg nute but cut the nutes back by half, use 5 mil per 5 gal but no nutes. but its ok to use additives such as sweet or molasas. run 3 days with just a tsp per gal for 3 days then switch back to nutes. so.im starting to go in week 6 of a 9 week strain & would love some feedback on this. i know gravity is some powerfull shit & i dont want to burn up my crop.

I use even less - like .5 ml/gallon - but I run with my standard nute dose adding a very small amount of molasses - again like .5 ml/gallon.

Mix the molasses in some 120 degree water to properly emulsify it before you add it to your rez.

audius said:
enough said. think i wont use it now

You owe it to your patients/customers to try it for a run - at least for one plant dude - this is the perfect time if you are looking for three more weeks of flowering.

The shit is great.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
So if you used Gravity and make edibles for patients that are not smoking to avoid carcinogens....
Have you just given them carcinogens??

And your quote about owing it to patients to try Gravity for a run, that is an opinion and I believe people are trying to base their medication production on facts more so.
Fact, gravity is bad!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey Sedate,
Just one question, are you using Gravity for bottom line increase?
Or because the meds are just so fukn dank with it?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
As an alternative medicine versus Pfizerness, seems it would be best to stay away from the corporate principles of; I don't care if it kills, it makes more money...
At the onset of any information leading to the conclusion that Gravity is bad, anyone worried about providing MEDICINE, would stop using it.

Again this is just my opinion, babbling I am

T

treehugger

There is a very distictive crispy type of 'chunk' that gravity throws off when it is used correctly.

I love the stuff. I don't care if California banned it I have to compete out here.

If folks are worried about carcinogens, then they should quit smoking.

wow, shouldn't this type of assholery be banned?

Cort

Cort

I dont know about banned outright, but for sure a paradigm shift is in order.

Inhaling burning material has enough adverse attributes without asshats adding all kinds of crap just for a buck.

[sarcasm]Might as well spray with Floramite right before harvest so there is no mites to snap crackle and pop in the final product eh?[/sarcasm]

Edit: added tags for those who are confused.

K

kushsmoker30

Might as well spray with Floramite right before harvest so there is no mites to snap crackle and pop in the final product eh?

what is the deadline for spraying floramite? some1 told me 1st week of flower others said don't use it, it bad 4 u or something like that

H

Hydro-Soil

Floramite tastes like ass. Not a great product either.

Use it on apples? Great... washes off just fine. Cannabis? No F'n way.

Gravity? Lowers taste/smell and medical value. Can't stand that "Chunk" bud it makes. Drys out quicker too.

Stay Safe! :D

sedate

sedate

heya there Baba. I appreciate your feedback.

Um - on a couple of points:

Baba said:
So if you used Gravity and make edibles for patients that are not smoking to avoid carcinogens....
Have you just given them carcinogens??

Um. I don't make edibles. I make dank bud. My peepz don't pay money for edibles.

They pay for dank bud.

I didn't create this situation - and I live in Denver - I have intense competition.

Baba said:
Hey Sedate,
Just one question, are you using Gravity for bottom line increase?
Or because the meds are just so fukn dank with it?

Um. The latter necessarily implies the former.

I use gravity because the distinctive 'gravity' chuck is popular with my folks. And my folks will smoke - my way - or any other.

Baba said:
As an alternative medicine versus Pfizerness, seems it would be best to stay away from the corporate principles of; I don't care if it kills, it makes more money...

treehugger said:

Heya there guys . . . kinda harsh methinks . . . I am a competitor and I like money for sure . . . but aruging some individual chemical out of the hundreds in any smoked substance will increase the aggregate chance a person will get cancer over some x exposure window given y series of assumptions ..

I remain perfectly willing to give my bud smokers what they want.

sedate

sedate

What can we learn about PBZ on google in under a minute?

MotherF said:
Stop blowing it (you're as big a blow ass as Berlow) and just admit you're unethical

Um. You might not agree with my outlook - but you certainly have no business calling me a blow ass or unethical.

So you can STFU about that.

MotherF said:
have no clue. BTW- smoking PBZ is a totally unknown quantity other than what is absolutely known is that combustion of PBZ results in toxic by products.

I have no clue?

Have you -or anyone else dumping on me in this thread - actually subjected the chemical "PACLOBUTRAZOL" to a googling?

Perhaps something - I don't know - published by a governmental agency and peer reviewed?

I'll assume not since you don't appear to be very well informed about the substance - busy calling peepz you don't know unethical and shit and blabbing misinformed nonsense from rambling cut/pasted emails sourced from fuck-knows where.

It amazes me what qualifies as 'information' to potheads.

So - to summarize - PBZ is a commonly used PGR the world over in agribusiness.

PBZ is not carcinogenic, oncogenic, or mutagenic - and still isn't even if PBZ metabolites are burned and inhaled.

In very large oral doses, hepatoxicity could be induced in lab rats. The rats recovered after PBZ adminstration was ceased.

Lastly - from the looks of things - Gravity may have been pulled in California because it was mislabeled, not necessarily because it is deemed a public health hazard - particularly since Cali's own EPA was pretty soft on the stuff (see the PDF linked to above) ..

MotherF said:
You're defending the indefensible and in the wise words of Kenny Rodgers you should know when to hold them and know when to fold them, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Um. I think you are spouting bullshit you don't understand because you've read it on other grow forums or in some weed mag. I think it is you should walk away.

Top Bottom