Gh 3 Part Coco And Plants Dying Wtf.... Please Help..

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

These are fours days now of

Flush with florakleen
Feed
Feed
Feed
Once a day

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

How I do my Rez
And at the bottom is always clean. I mix up 30 liters of ro water and do my 6/9 micro bloom

Let it sit 24 hours

Since I have bigger plants and smaller plants I take 10 liters of this 100% solution and add to the veg Rez

The remaining 20 liters I read my ec and add like 5 liters of ro water and 5 liters tap water to get .8 ec and pH of 5.9 without adding pH up

The veg Rez I do the same thing to a lighter solution for younger plants.

Everybody now is on .8 ec and pH 5.9ish

I always runoff excess and discard the runoff
IMG 20180804 080510
IMG 20180804 081550

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Soooo...

What have I learned from experience. I don't see how I can get root balls with this Coco watering like crazy.

It seems to me that to get rootballs I need to treat it more like dirt and then with the rootball I can up my times of feeds

Feeding 2 to three times a day does not give me the desired effect.

And if that is the case. I'm back where I started a year ago trying to figure out how to do hydro in Coco instead of treating it like dirt. Because below is what happens when I treat it like hydro..
IMG 20180804 081802

justiceman

justiceman

Soooo...

What have I learned from experience. I don't see how I can get root balls with this Coco watering like crazy.

It seems to me that to get rootballs I need to treat it more like dirt and then with the rootball I can up my times of feeds

Feeding 2 to three times a day does not give me the desired effect.

And if that is the case. I'm back where I started a year ago trying to figure out how to do hydro in Coco instead of treating it like dirt. Because below is what happens when I treat it like hydro..
View attachment 820406
Now that we have a view of the room things are a bit more clear. 1 600w in a cooltube without a tent or walls is going to leak a lot of light to areas the plants cannot reach. As for the veg section even though it's in a tent the CFL on the right isn't close enough. They don't penetrate very well and do best in confined spaces.

IMO you are seeing the sings of them being overfed because their metabolisms are just not moving fast enough to process 3x a day of food at 1.0EC. From what I can tell the limiting factor is the light source. Under low light conditions nutrient requirements are less than the recommended standard. That's why at .7-.8EC 1-2x a day everything was going just fine. Nutrient build up will always occur to an extent. That's why it's best to feed low and try to ride with it instead of feeding higher and fighting against it.

I'd suggest going back to 1-2 times a day. They are still very small plants and don't need a whole lot. Even 1x a day at .7-.8 would probably be sufficient. Possibly even less strength than that for a little while. I wouldn't increase it above .8 for quite some time until they are quite a bit larger.

Do no worry if you keep taking the time you'll find the balance. At first you let them dry too much which caused nutrient build up. Now you are feeding frequently enough but too high in strength which caused nutrient build up. You have to find a middle ground in between the two. Feed often and feed low strength is my 2 cents :smoking:

justiceman

justiceman

Also, I don’t understand only feeding Micro and Bloom while in veg? That seems like it would cause a nitrogen deficiency from the start.
A guy named H3ad modified the classic 8/16 "Lucas formula" a while back and came up with the 6/9 so it would have NPK ratio's more suitable for coco. I know it's funny that grow is omitted but if you look at the general analysis of micro it actually has a decent amount of N within it.

Enforcer

Enforcer

A guy named H3ad modified the classic 8/16 "Lucas formula" a while back and came up with the 6/9 so it would have NPK ratio's more suitable for coco. I know it's funny that grow is omitted but if you look at the general analysis of micro it actually has a decent amount of N within it.
Ah, thanks for that bro. I guess if I had used GH before it would have made more sense. lol

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Good morning everyone!

I have been away from the internet taking care of my dog. She is epileptic and I am using CBD to treat her. We had a big episode over the last weekend and she is now getting back.

Yes justiceman.. I have found that I am one of the chronic over feeders learning hydro ..

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

And I trip out on what .5 ec is

What the scaling is

What is .7

U know what I mean? Bc I have never seen what it is having never measured ec before.

I know it's just half strength 3/4 strength or full

But bc it's a number to follow. I trip out

justiceman

justiceman

And I trip out on what .5 ec is

What the scaling is

What is .7

U know what I mean? Bc I have never seen what it is having never measured ec before.

I know it's just half strength 3/4 strength or full

But bc it's a number to follow. I trip out
I’m sorry to hear about your dog but also happy to hear that CBD is helping out.

Generally speaking 0.1EC=50ppm but because there are different conversions for different companies I like to just talk EC since it’s universal. Notice below how things can get tricky if we only talk ppm.

84E62298 5356 4EA7 B5F6 0393FCB33D34

Latest posts

Top Bottom