GH 3 Part Useless Formula

• Thread starter Steel Erection
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Steel Erection

I've been running GH 3 part using the Useless formula for my last 5-6 runs. I'm having a problem with transition from veg to bloom. Whenever I flip and change their feed the girls get stunted until about the end of week 2, Then they start to perk up recuperate and do well. During the first 2 weeks they lose some color and become calmag def. Anyone have any experience with this formula?-SE

manitoid.

manitoid.

Not familiar with Useless formula specifically, but this is pretty universal.

I would keep feeding veg nutes for at least a week after you flip the lights, then when the stretch calms down you can switch to the flowering formula

S

Steel Erection

Not familiar with Useless formula specifically, but this is pretty universal.

I would keep feeding veg nutes for at least a week after you flip the lights, then when the stretch calms down you can switch to the flowering formula
I've been thinking about doing that. -SE

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

is the "useless formula" you speak of, the one on the back of the bottles?

catdaddy

catdaddy

i am using gh 3 part and would like to know which formula your using as well. i've seen like 4-5 different feed schedules and am not sure which one to follow.

S

Steel Erection

is the "useless formula" you speak of, the one on the back of the bottles?
No the Useless formula was developed by a guy called Useless on another site. The feed schedule changes weekly from veg thru bloom. Other then the stunting in early flower I'm lovin it. I'm doing better with this formula then anything I've tried My ph stays super stable. I'm just trying to get over the 2-3 week stunting in early flower. -SE

sdgrower

sdgrower

You should hit up Greenthumb Danny he has Useless' formula down pat.

S

Steel Erection

You should hit up Greenthumb Danny he has Useless' formula down pat.
I spoke with GTD a year ago when I was starting to run the Useless. He helped me out. I tried to contact him the day before I posted this. The formula in my opinion rocks. Honestly I've been very happy with the exception of the initial few weeks of bloom.-SE

sdgrower

sdgrower

It worked good when I used it a couple of years ago. I always subbed the 3rd week of veg mix for the 1st week of flower mix. I also used to add B1 during the last week of veg and the first 2 or 3 weeks of flowering because somfetimes my ladies would look "tired" during the first 2 weeks of flowering.

S

Steel Erection

It worked good when I used it a couple of years ago. I always subbed the 3rd week of veg mix for the 1st week of flower mix. I also used to add B1 during the last week of veg and the first 2 or 3 weeks of flowering because somfetimes my ladies would look "tired" during the first 2 weeks of flowering.
I had someone else tell me to feed veg for the first week or two of bloom. I'm gonna try that. So you would feed week 3 veg for the first week and then flush then week 2 bloom? I cut out week 1 veg and start rooted clones in 3/4 strength week 2. Yes thats how they look tired, not happy then they shows signs of N,Ca and Mg deficiencies. Around the end of week 2 they start to turn around but the signs of their deficiencies are still there until they grow out. I also think they are only stretching maybe half of what they are supposed to. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But I know I could do better if they took off right away. What did you give them for the b1?-Se

JK420

JK420

Do you give them a quick flush inbetween veg and flower? (12-24 hours) Using cal-mag? Sounds to me like you're either having a cal-mag deficiency or a salt build up locking out nutrients.

sdgrower

sdgrower

I used either advanced nutrients b52 or if available nutriplus thrive. Thrive is basically the same thing but 1/2 the price. What is your rh at. I found that my ladies like the rh in the high 50's in late veg early flower. I think a good flush is necessary before both the first week of flowering and the first week of bloom nutes (week 2).
Fwiw after I switched to jacks and then to veg+bloom I no longer have that tired look at the start of flowering. Same cut over 1 and a half years later.

catdaddy

catdaddy

quick question for anyone that has used gh 3part, do or did you use or have to use cal mag with it?
i too am having the same issues and chalked it up as salt build up but can't definitely say it is just that.

green punk

green punk

Sometimes a deficiency symptom develops with the 3 part. It can actually be because the order you are mixing. 1st micro wait 5, then bloom wait 5, then grow. It may lock out micro' s if mixed other wise. Or it could be you need to use the Hardwater micro. The HWM has less Ca in it because to much will lock out Mg and K.

FWIW

sdgrower

sdgrower

What's up aero? I stopped the useless formula in 2010 went to heavy 16 for 2 runs and then jacks. Currently I am starting week 6 of 9 using veg+bloom with a MOAB kick. My primary is a headband hybrid which goes 60 - 65 days and once in awhile I'll throw in a blue dream or 2.
IME:
Useless formula works but GH is salty.
Heavy 16 bloom and prime are good but the veg kind of sucks. Nugs were a little better than the useless formula thanks to the prime. Good but expensive.
Jacks 3/2/1 best hands down. Clean, smooth, tasty and fragrent nugs with plenty of bling. Cheapest but the hardest to mix up. Works better with moab. Also have to ease back on the cal nit in later flowering or you get a leafier plant. Switching to a 50% base plus moab week 6 and 7 solves that.
Veg+bloom is more expensive than jacks but is MUCH easier to use. The buds are very similar to jacks. clean, smooth, fragrent, tasty and icy.
I am going to keep working with veg+bloom for a few more runs to see if I can do better. Its a local company for me and that's a plus. Also chris the owner is very knowledgeable.
All above were grown in ebb and grow systems using either hydrotron or rockwool. Best results were jacks with moab in rockwool. Veg+bloom and moab in rockwool is still finishing up and it is going to be close.

S

Steel Erection

Yes I flush either the night or day before I switch them over. I am using Ro water So I should definitely need Cal mag. But not 9 ml a gallon. And my base is pretty hot. CatDaddy what brand of cal mag are you using? Wouldn't happen to be Botanicare? Would it? I mix micro, grow, bloom. The order is fine according to GH. Then I mix cal mag before the rest. I have a 700 gph pump in the res from the time start mixing till the next morning.- SE

sdgrower

sdgrower

Yes I flush either the night or day before I switch them over. I am using Ro water So I should definitely need Cal mag. But not 9 ml a gallon. And my base is pretty hot. CatDaddy what brand of cal mag are you using? Wouldn't happen to be Botanicare? Would it? I mix micro, grow, bloom. The order is fine according to GH. Then I mix cal mag before the rest. I have a 700 gph pump in the res from the time start mixing till the next morning.- SE
If I remember correctly SE the useless formula doesn't call for additional cal mag. All I would add to the useless formula is a fulvic and silica.

Latest posts

Top Bottom