GH Flora Nova Bloom Thread

• Thread starter lazarus718
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lazarus718

lazarus718

Hey Farm! Wanted to get a decent thread going on everyone's experience with General Hydroponics Flora Nova Bloom product. It doesn't matter where or how you grow, I want to know your experience with this product. What I hope to achieve is a resource for any farmer who decides to use this product to reference in their own grow. I used FNB on my last grow and will be doing so again on my current one but at a much more frequent scale...check my threads for either one of my first two grow journals if you want to see the ends.

I grow in soil and during my first indoor grow I used 1 tsp/gal maybe a grand total of 4 times throughout flower. It was my first indoor endeavor and I didn't want to ruin my crop. I'm a little more comfortable now with my abilities so I'm going to step it up a bit on this one and I have some rock solid genetics to work with...what I want to know is if any of you have used this stuff and if so what is your feeding regimen, i.e. how often and how much. I know it is strain dependent but ballpark figures work. I think an experienced average is enough for most of us to tailor our own feeding schedules to while monitoring our plants.

Let's get this thread rolling.
Thx ~Laz

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Its great stuff. The added humates do help, and the concentration make a little last a while. The lucas formula is the way to go, but the GH recommended dosages will also work fine. Just make sure you mix or shake the shit out of it before you use it. Its pretty thick.

KAL EL

KAL EL

I have used it the past 2 years with fantastic results. I grow in hempys and just follow whats on the bottle for directions.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
5-8mls per gallon, "Lucas Formula"
Mmm.. that really depends on the girls you're running. Last year, first time I tried FNB, I ran Orange Krush (Cali O x Blueberry), and I had to drop it to 3mls/gallon.

Good stuff, concentrated, which I really like. This next run I'm going back to the Big Ricky formula. Easy-muddafuggin-peasy! Except I don't think I have any Cal-Mag left, I'm gonna do MgSO4 and Ca separately.

Coco-grower here. Soil's for OD.

Oh yeah, putting bells on what the Guerilla said about it being THICK and needing lots of SHAKING. Also, wear dark-colored clothing, this stuff STAINS.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Alright, so if I switch my feeding to the Lucas formula and go with 8ml to a gallon then how often are you feeding in soil, every watering? Every 2 or 3?

B

Buddy Flowers

^ dude, it depends on your plants. there's no 1 set formula. you feed according to how your plants look.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree in general, Buddy, but to my eyes he's talking about pushing a lot of food through dirt, and that's not usually necessary. That 8ml/gal number GoD put out there is on the high end of the range, in my opinion.

Lazarus, if I were using it in soil I'd feed no more than once a week, and I'd start at the 5mls/gal end that GoD spoke of. Then, go from there based on what they're telling you.

Que rrrico!

lazarus718

lazarus718

Yeah you could feed , water, water, Feed, If using the FNB just adjust to the ppm's you want, I forget what 5 gets you but its under 1000, I think around 700. With soil you wont need as much, Since switching to coco DTW Ive been hand watering 1 jamaican x chem from the reservoir that holds my drip nutes, Its doing real well, its in Roots Organic Potting soil at day 30, Ill feed tell day 40 then hit with overdrive and then flush her home!!

I just put mine into flower last night, tonight will be their first feeding with the FNB...going to start with 6ml/gal and see how they handle that before I move up but I'll take your advice and feed, water, water. Hard to find info on feeding frequencies with everyone using different mediums. I've got bat guano, worm castings, blood meal, bone meal, etc. etc. in there already so I don't want to get too heavy handed with the FNB. I've got a thread going on my Dutch Passion grow but so far haven't had any hits with anyone familiar with growing the Euforia, Jorge's Diamonds, or their Brainstorm yet. Judging by their growth in veg I think I'll have some heavy feeders. I keep notes on each of my grows so I'll log how often and how much I'm feeding.

B

bonerface

Flora nova is super salty, make sure you flush 2 times before a feed like everyone suggests, if you are feeding 5 mls per gallon. I top out at 3.0 to 3.5 mls per gallon in the peak of flower! Looks like I should try to bump it up next run. What are your guys bloom strengths in week 5-7 of flower?????? How many mls?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Flora nova is super salty, make sure you flush 2 times before a feed like everyone suggests, if you are feeding 5 mls per gallon. I top out at 3.0 to 3.5 mls per gallon in the peak of flower! Looks like I should try to bump it up next run. What are your guys bloom strengths in week 5-7 of flower?????? How many mls?

Advice I've been getting with the FNB is to follow the Lucas Formula for soil which states 8ml/gal every time. I changed my mind and fed with the 8ml's last night, so we'll see how the leaves look when the lights come on tonight. I'll have pics and info in my grow thread if you want to follow that. Obviously the different strains may like/not like those 8 ml's and I have 3 running, so if I make adjustments I'll log it in my grow journal. As far as bloom strengths later in the grow, I plan on pumping them though at max strength until I flush...haven't come to a decision on when to flush yet but that's another thread. I know the LF is tried and true, which is why I went with it but if anyone else has grown with FNB maybe you can chime in on that one?!?!

B

bonerface

I just don't get how the back of the bottle recommends 3.5 mls for vigorous flowering yet a plant can take 8 mls???? Why is the bottle marked so low? And isn't the bloom ppms at 3.5 mls like 1350 or something like that? (Not looking at the label right now but I think that's what its analysis is.) So 8 mls of bloom would be around 2800-2900 ppm or so? That a shit ton of nutes. Can anyone clear this up? Im confused.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

I just don't get how the back of the bottle recommends 3.5 mls for vigorous flowering yet a plant can take 8 mls???? Why is the bottle marked so low? And isn't the bloom ppms at 3.5 mls like 1350 or something like that? (Not looking at the label right now but I think that's what its analysis is.) So 8 mls of bloom would be around 2800-2900 ppm or so? That a shit ton of nutes. Can anyone clear this up? Im confused.
exactly........i dump 100 ml in a brute trash can filled with ro water and i get 1.4 ec everytime been using floranova for abuot a year.....

8 ml a gallon would be some kinda circus freak PPM /EC

B

bonerface

Also, I was under the impression that the lucas style of feeding was only for hydro growing, is that not correct?

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I used it last winter in my old flood and drain setup with rockwool cubes. Worked great for me, all i used was that and boosted a little bit with lkb in peak flower. Leaves a nasty residue in your rez but other than that the shit works great. Oh and i wouldnt recommend using it with drip emitters ...

B

Bobby Smith

I used it last winter in my old flood and drain setup with rockwool cubes. Worked great for me, all i used was that and boosted a little bit with lkb in peak flower. Leaves a nasty residue in your rez but other than that the shit works great. Oh and i wouldnt recommend using it with drip emitters ...

Used it with my E&F tables, but had to use an airstone to keep it from settling on the bottom of my reservoir in between floods (only nute I've ever had to use an airstone for).

Couldn't be simpler though, and I almost always had great results with it.

K

KGB420

I never heard about it till the guy at the grow store recommended it to me. I tried Flora nova for veg and I liked it. I only started using the Flora Nova Bloom and have only used it on two waterings and the Diffrence is Big, I dont measure out I just dump in what looks like 3tbs per gallon, I also use that with Blackjacks water conditioner and Black jacks Liquid Humic acid.Oh! I also just started using GH's Liquid KoolBloom. My plants are doing good,I love this stuff. I water about 2-3 times a week.

lazarus718

lazarus718

The measurements you're talking about are per LITER not by the gallon bro...if you have a chance check the back of your bottle and it will tell you that max strength is 3.75 ml/L...that's equivalent to 3 tsp/gal. The LF I'm using is 8 ml/GAL which comes out to a little over 1.5 tsp/gal, so I'm still way below what they consider to be max strength. You are right, at max strength you are looking at 1350 ppms but with the lucas formula it should measure out somewhere around 750-800 ppm.

Top Bottom