GH Micro & Bloom + Epsom

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JPLord01

JPLord01

For roots go with Dyna Bloom 2 mil the first week then up to 4mils the 2 week the first week PH to 5.3 week 2 PH 5.4. This will get your root off the hook. Then go to 4mils micro 8mils bloom 4mils cal-mg and 1/2 gm epsom. This is what Im running in 4 in rockwool. For root the plant needs Cal,P and a little K. The P is the big one for roots then Ca. The Dyna Bloom thing I got from the UC page DS. The first week PPMs are 200 then 400 then My mix is 750 with the micro and bloom my water ppms is 40.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Ooo I like that 1-1-1.5 for the 1st week for root growth... I'm going to have to try this out

IMO its a good ratio for roots to grow during the very young seedling stage and it still provides enough N, K, Ca, Mg and S so it doesn't hinder overall growth.

Do you have a grow journal?? I would like to see your grow, if not, please report back here to let us know how your seedlings responded to the ratio. If you forget its all good, I know most of us are busy and I have even forgotten about MY OWN threads at times LOL.

K

kushtrees

Nope I dnt. I don't have an adequate camera and it wouldn't be very interesting without pics. Ill let you know how it goes next time I take cuts or pop some beans

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

For roots go with Dyna Bloom 2 mil the first week then up to 4mils the 2 week the first week PH to 5.3 week 2 PH 5.4. This will get your root off the hook. Then go to 4mils micro 8mils bloom 4mils cal-mg and 1/2 gm epsom. This is what Im running in 4 in rockwool. For root the plant needs Cal,P and a little K. The P is the big one for roots then Ca. The Dyna Bloom thing I got from the UC page DS. The first week PPMs are 200 then 400 then My mix is 750 with the micro and bloom my water ppms is 40.

Your right, Dyna Bloom is an amazing product for root growth on clones and I'm sure it works good on seedlings too. The thing is I would like this thread to be about using GH Micro+Bloom as your base, add supplements if needed, and mix them at different ratios to get the desired NPK Ca Mg S ppm, depending on substrate and system, for optimum growth. So instead of recommending a product, I would like people to tell me/us what has worked during different phases of growth so we can figure out ways of duplicating it as closely as possible with just Micro, Bloom, Epsom and Kool Bloom for flower.

Also, I was talking about using the 1-1-1.5, more specifically, 1-1.1-1.7, on seedlings, not clones. Desertsquirrel's Dyna Bloom ratio for rooting clones is 1-1.8-1.7, basically, 1-2-1.5. His formula, IMO, is ideal if you want to focus primarily on root growth and keep all other growth suspended and healthy, which is exactly what you are suppose to do with clones.

With seedlings, its a bit different, you do not want to focus all the plants energy on roots. IMHO, you want seedlings to focus on all phases of vegetative growth, but with emphasis on roots, hence the 1:1 N:P ratio. The 1-2-1.5 is great for clones that need to grow roots and basically stall the stems/branches and leaves, the 1-1-1.5 IMVHO is great for seedlings that need to grow roots, but also grow leaves and branches without letting them stall.

Both formulations are basically the same except Dyna Bloom has almost twice the P, which is what clones need during the rooting phase. Seedlings also need high P relative to the rest of the veg phase, but 2x the P of N when leaves and branches are growing will antagonize K and Ca which will cause a lock out of both, then if left unchecked for too long will create a chain reaction of multiple nutrient lock outs. This will not happen with clones when they have those amounts of P because the plant is not using N to grow, but only to maintain the leaves and branches it already has.

I have absolutely no scientific proof to back this up, but its what I believe based on my experience and research.

Thanks JPLord for your input, I agree with you 100% and I don't think you are wrong about anything. I was just stating my opinion why I think it would be more beneficial for seedlings to have a slightly lower P formula compared to clones. Also, I wanna keep this thread on the subject of using a specific set of nutrients to create multiple and diverse formulations, but I don't really want recommendations on other products unless we are trying to duplicate the actual ppm of the nutrients.

Thanks for everyone's input so far, I really like all the responses and I've learned from some of them. Lets keep this thread rocking so all of us and others can teach and learn :woot:

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Nope I dnt. I don't have an adequate camera and it wouldn't be very interesting without pics. Ill let you know how it goes next time I take cuts or pop some beans

Thanks alot, I appreciate that, I'm gonna start a new batch of seeds sometime next month and I might start a journal on it, so keep ya eyes peeled because I'll use the 1-1-1.5 for seedlings and use the other formulations I posted. I think it will be interesting to see how they grow, I'm still working on the bloom formula and that will be up soon.

JPLord01

JPLord01

When I was in coco with seeds I feed 3/6 with a 1/2 gm of epsom and went up from there to 6/9 1 gm epsom.This worked for me.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

When I was in coco with seeds I feed 3/6 with a 1/2 gm of epsom and went up from there to 6/9 1 gm epsom.This worked for me.

I plan on using that or something very similar to it, I just got the coco and perlite yesterday, but can't start til next month.

Toa

Toa

I have been using the Lucas formula with a little tweak and had great results in veg and bloom. Stick to what works good...

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'm gonna post a pic of my girls at day 32 flower.

I really can't wait til I start the coco/perlite grow, I just built a seedling/clone box out of a 18 gallon tote, screwed 5 T8's on the underside of the lid. So I can start seedlings under 18/6 without interrupting the plants in 12/12.

Recently, I've been using 4 ml M, 6 ml B and 1 g Epsom and 2 ml KB when I boost PK once in a while. I'll up the M to 8 ml next watering and use KB one more time in week 6, they seem to have just finished stretch a few days ago, they also have been needing more water since last week, so instead of using more water per pot, I'll just increase the irrigation frequency to once every other day instead of every 2-3 days.

I don't know why I'm acting like this is my journal LOL but whatever.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Here is a canopy shot, there are 2 strains here, 3 NYC Diesel and 2 Crimea Blue (Blueberry x Hashplant). There are 4 bigger plants in the 4 corners and 1 smaller plant in the middle, canopy is about 12 sq.ft., I wanted it at least 16 sq.ft., but they didn't stretch as much as I hoped for and I couldn't keep vegging because of issues in the past.

I might of explained this earlier, but they were in veg for like 6 weeks and only looked 2 weeks old, I started them in a shitty soil mix without letting it 'cook' with lime and had almost no aeration, then transplanted into hempy's, still fucked up pH. Also, I was using GH MaxiGro at 5 grams a gallon, which brought my nutrient solution pH down to under 5.0, but I didn't find out until after a month later. Finally put them in Sunshine #4 at the same time I got my pH meter and they started to grow normal, so they were vegged for a total of about 8-9 weeks, but had the size and vigor of a 3 week old plant.

Thats what happens when you rush into a grow without a decent substrate and no pH or EC meter's to test your nutrient solution and/or run-off. I've made my own super soil a few times with success, but this time I was rushed by a 'partner' and the substrate is SOOO important. Just a tip for any new cultivators from an experienced failed grow LOL. I guess I didn't fail too bad because they look decent, but should of been ALOT BETTER considering there veg time.

Now there a lil over 4 weeks old and should fatten up nice (for what they've been through) off that simple GH Micro and Bloom base nutes. I also had 2 light malfunctions where it came on at the 11th hour then a few days later it came on again at the 9.5 hour. The 1st time it didn't get me worried, but the 2nd time I thought my shit was gonna reveg, and I still ain't sure cuz it just happened 2 days ago.

Ya'll know I use a couple additives, but just a PK boost and Snow Storm. I'm thinking of dropping the PK boost next run because the ratio of GH Bloom is so similar to GH Kool Bloom. I'm also growing in 60/40 coco/perlite next run and I think the Heads Formula will work great alone, but still add the SSU.

Anyways, here is the pic, I had them under 1 600 since seedlings, just installed the 2nd 600 in the same hood about 2 weeks ago (2nd week of flower). I think that extra 600 will help with some of the down time in the past, I hope. Either way I got new seeds that WILL NOT have the same issue.

Photo

patriots333

patriots333

really i would just buy cal -mag ..i use a lucas brew that works very well , 6 ml micro -5 ml cal-mag" Plenty of nitrogen in the cal mag and micro" 9 ml bloom ...per gallon , no grow unless the strain is screeming for it ...back that down for veg per strain , the cal mag is realy worth it as it replaces the grow .. also 1 ml silica blast per gal. here is my vert of headband using this same blend , i could have veg a bit longer , this at almost 4 weeks in , i've , cut the cal mag now. and will go st8 bloom soon ....this is on 63 day cycle.. this is in coco -5 gal buckets

Phn1 070
madmaster420

madmaster420

hey bang... I used GH (gro, bloom, and micro) exclusively for years at the following ratios:
seedlings 1:1:1 (250-500ppm)
initial growth 3:2:1 (500-800ppm)
heavy veg 3:2:1 (1200-1600ppm)

transitional 1:1:1 (1000ppm)

1st 2wks flowering 1:3:2 (1000-1200ppm)
wks 3-6 0:3:2 (1200-1800+ppm)
wks 7-9 flush

pretty much what it says on the label. What is the ppm of your tap water? It makes a big difference. I never had to use cal-mag or epsom salts but the ppm of the water out of the tap was about 20-40 and the ph around 7 even, depending on the rain situation.

Remember that every strain is going to be unique in they way they utilize nutes. a good ph pen and ppm tester are excellent tools, but after awhile working with a particular strain you will just intuitively get a feel for how they respond to subtle changes in ppm and ph.

mind you, these formulas were used with rockwool and a recirculating reservoir setup with drip emitters.

Good luck and hope this helps some

B

Bangarang

I have been running 0 g-9 b-6 m with 3-5 cal/mg and it has taken some serious work to dial it in. Just keep your ph no higher than 1200 unless you are confident that you can read your plant. I too am curious what the magic combo is for Coco.

madmaster420

madmaster420

I think you may have meant ppm instead of ph, Bang. Friends tell me they use the flora nova line in coco with stellar results. Dudes are running 12lights/12plants around here = (1000w) and are bringing down almost a kilo per. I actually know a guy who doesn't even check ppms or ph. FloraNova drain to waste formula (right off the frickin' label fer chrissakes!) and promix BX. He flushes every third feeding and then again for a final 10-14 day flush before cropping out. almost every strain he runs is a nute hog, though.:D

B

Bangarang

Thats another thing i have made it a point to check my runoff PPM's every friday so that i can keep the medium in range. With additivies the PPM's will slowly rise. from 1100 - 1400 and then i flush it back to 1100. This rise takes about 3 weeks and is working out well because they need a little flush anyways.

Utterlyfaded

Utterlyfaded

hey farmers!! I've been using GH, lucas formula in coco for a few years now and have had really good results. i use micro at 6 ml bloom at 9 ml, but receantly i have been reading up on using the 8/16 ratio. it states on the lucas formula website that the 6/9 ratio is for low hid lighting 400 watts or lower and 8/16 for anything over. has any one tried this? i have 6- 600 watts hps for lighting and run 6-8 ladies. should i be increasing the ratio during flower because of how much more watts? i also use big swell (soul synthetics) sugar rush (cyco platinum series) and rock resinator starting in week 2 of flower on. i also use co2. please help!! also any input on my line is much appreciated I'm trying to get better. i also use cal mag at 4 ml till week 2 of flower. is that a mistake? should i use it all flower? thank you all for any advice!!

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Right now Im rocking 4/3/1 mils per gallon in 2-1 ro/tap with 2 mils cal/mag ph 5.8 - 6.0 I have the best looking veg plants ever.
I also use caps bennies and sea green once a week. I'll snap some shots in the morning.

namedul

namedul

I recommend keeping it basic. Use a nutrient calculator figure how much of what is really in your water I always use fat man's diy calculator it's a sticky in this topic goodluck.

Top Bottom