Gh Nutes In Coco

• Thread starter Tylergrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tylergrower

So I've been using 25ml per 10L of bloom and 17ml of micro per 10L and 5ml per 10L of cal mag pH 5.8 tap water. I have developed dark green leaves in flower which don't look too bad but I'm not sure if I should be concerned. What's worse is that I'm getting the odd fan leaf dying off and I'm hoping to figure out what's wrong and nip it in the bud before it becomes worse. Temps in day are 25C and night 19C. I'm 3 weeks into flower. Another question I have is will my kush grow taller as I can't afford much more vertical growth and will my Super silver haze 12 week sativa grow taller. It seems like the stretch on both of these varieties has slowed significantly or halted at this point but I'm worried if they grow another 10 inches over the next 4 weeks and I hardly notice the gradual change it will be too late to push under the netting. As for the dark green leaves and crisping up of some of the fan leaves I've got a few pics here. Am I using a bad ratio of GHs nutrients? I think I may be using too much causing lockout. I feed every day and keep the coco wet. I've also heard Sativa's need less nutrients? I've got a kush and a silver haze on the go. Thanks for the help in advance guys you've saved my girls previously and I wouldn't have gotten this far without your help. :)

Gh nutes in coco
Gh nutes in coco 2
Gh nutes in coco 3
Gh nutes in coco 4
Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

Without knowing the ppm of your tap water, this is what I think is happening. You’re feeding them too much calmag. Your tap water more than likely has some calcium and magnesium in it already. Calmag supplement has nitrogen in it (2-0-0). The plants look like they are getting nitrogen toxicity. I would cut the calmag in half.

If your in week 3 of flower, the stretch should be just about over.

prospero

prospero

Without knowing the ppm of your tap water, this is what I think is happening. You’re feeding them too much calmag. Your tap water more than likely has some calcium and magnesium in it already. Calmag supplement has nitrogen in it (2-0-0). The plants look like they are getting nitrogen toxicity. I would cut the calmag in half.

If your in week 3 of flower, the stretch should be just about over.
Ive noticed hes not mentioned Nitrogen. If the only N they are getting is from call/mag it seems quite low N to cause toxicity.

T

Tylergrower

Are my yields going to be affected significantly by this Nitrogen toxicity if I fix it soon. I know the leaves won't return to a normal colour will they? I have a feeling my nutes have been way too strong. My EC before I add calmag is 1.4. With calmag its 1.5. Tap is 0.5. Nitrogen is at a level recommended by GH but phosphate is at about 300% in the mix I'm using. Could this be phosphate toxicities. Should I be following GH recommendations rather than what I've been taught which may be miles off. I am a bit worried my final yield will be knocked. It is them crisped up dead fan leaves in the first pic that I'm worried about. They are quite near the top canopy :(

T

Tylergrower

Ive noticed hes not mentioned Nitrogen. If the only N they are getting is from call/mag it seems quite low N to cause toxicity.

Thanks for your reply, I'm using GH micro and bloom. The bloom or micro has plenty of nitrogen I can't remember which one but the mix I'm using I've posted in the first comment and I've just made another comment if you'd be so kind as to offer your opinion. Thanks :)

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Thanks for your reply, I'm using GH micro and bloom. The bloom or micro has plenty of nitrogen I can't remember which one but the mix I'm using I've posted in the first comment and I've just made another comment if you'd be so kind as to offer your opinion. Thanks :)
The micro has 5% calcium , usually no need to add extra cal if your nutrients contain around 5% cal.

T

Tylergrower

The micro has 5% calcium , usually no need to add extra cal if your nutrients contain around 5% cal.

I don't think it contains 5 percent calcium but I could be wrong ill have to check the bottle. I've heard you should add calmag supplement in coco coir. Ill lay off the calmag for now as its never been absolutely neccesary in the past for me. I'm strongly considering flushing with cannaflush and restarting with 2/3 of GHs recommendation on the bottle (ive heard they are too strong typically)instead of my made up formula of 27ml/10L bloom and 17ml/10L micro. Not sure how best to use the cannaflush however and when to resume normal feed. Any tips? Thanks.

G gnome

G gnome

I don't think it contains 5 percent calcium but I could be wrong ill have to check the bottle. I've heard you should add calmag supplement in coco coir. Ill lay off the calmag for now as its never been absolutely neccesary in the past for me. I'm strongly considering flushing with cannaflush and restarting with 2/3 of GHs recommendation on the bottle (ive heard they are too strong typically)instead of my made up formula of 27ml/10L bloom and 17ml/10L micro. Not sure how best to use the cannaflush however and when to resume normal feed. Any tips? Thanks.

The gh flora series micro does indeed contain 5% calcium

T

Tylergrower

The gh flora series micro does indeed contain 5% calcium

My bottle does not include 5% calcium, it says on the bottle 1.3% CaO or something close I checked earlier. Oh I've just realised there are 2 types. I'm using the hardwater type not the softwater type. Would following the guidelines for dosages on the bottle work well for coco? I don't know if to flush now with cannaflush or flush with phd tap watet or just lay off the nutrients a bit and give a weak (50%) of the recommended dose at this stage which woupd end up about a third of what I've been feeding lol

Wisher619

Wisher619

My bottle does not include 5% calcium, it says on the bottle 1.3% CaO or something close I checked earlier. Oh I've just realised there are 2 types. I'm using the hardwater type not the softwater type. Would following the guidelines for dosages on the bottle work well for coco? I don't know if to flush now with cannaflush or flush with phd tap watet or just lay off the nutrients a bit and give a weak (50%) of the recommended dose at this stage which woupd end up about a third of what I've been feeding lol
what is the ec/ppm for your water source
might I suggest a new feed recipe
this is per 4L
6ml micro
9ml bloom

or
micro 1.5ml per L
Bloom 2.25 ml per L

ph to 5.8
runoff 10% every watering

T

Tylergrower

what is the ec/ppm for your water source
might I suggest a new feed recipe
this is per 4L
6ml micro
9ml bloom

or
micro 1.5ml per L
Bloom 2.25 ml per L

ph to 5.8
runoff 10% every watering
The EC of my water is 0.6 to start with. I have been watering with 1.7ml per Liter of micro and 2.5ml of bloom but also 0.5ml of Calmag with 3% Nitrogen which ups the N content by a little but not much really. I'm going to start with 70% of the recommended doses of micro and bloom for late flowering and some extra pottasium to make up for the lack of Gro nutrient. This means there will be quite a bit less Nitrogen because of the lack of Gro nutrient and the fact its 70% of recommended dose means i will end up with a third of the nitrogen I've been using. In flower they need less Nitrogen so I've done a bit of math today with the npk ratios. Something I've never done before I've always gone with roughly what you said which is a little more than 6 and 9 per 4L.

Wisher619

Wisher619

The EC of my water is 0.6 to start with. I have been watering with 1.7ml per Liter of micro and 2.5ml of bloom but also 0.5ml of Calmag with 3% Nitrogen which ups the N content by a little but not much really. I'm going to start with 70% of the recommended doses of micro and bloom for late flowering and some extra pottasium to bump up the pack of Gro nutrient. This means there will be quite a bit less Nitrogen because of the lack of Group nutrient and that its 70% of recommended dose will end up with a third of the nitrogen I've been using. In flower they need less Nitrogen so I've done a bit of math today with the npk ratios. Something I've never done before I've always gone with what you said which is a little more than 6 and 9 per 4L.
from what I remember
for final phase you bump the bloom up and leave the Micro as is
something like 6/18
then last 2 weeks they get ph'd water
but seems like you got it all figured out
as for me
no matter what Nutrient brand I have never used Ca
never needed it but that is just me

T

Tylergrower

Wisher619 said:
from what I remember
for final phase you bump the bloom up and leave the Micro as is
something like 6/18
then last 2 weeks they get ph'd water
but seems like you got it all figured out
as for me
no matter what Nutrient brand I have never used Ca
never needed it but that is just me
I also have never used Ca but in veg I had problems and heard GH nutes are lacking in Can and in coco they really eat it up so I thought it wouldn't hurt to throw it in. Turns out its also got Nitrogen in it. Not loads but enough to bump the already high N by about 10-20%. And I really don't have it all sorted lol I'm not that confident in what I'm doing to be honest.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I also have never used Ca but in veg I had problems and heard GH nutes are lacking in Can and in coco they really eat it up so I thought it wouldn't hurt to throw it in. Turns out its also got Nitrogen in it. Not loads but enough to bump the already high N by about 10-20%. And I really don't have it all sorted lol I'm not that confident in what I'm doing to be honest.
the easy way around this, get yourself a $100.00 usd RO filter system and grab yourself something like Canna A/B or the like, or even Botanicare CNS17 Grow & Ripe
but RO as your base water is key
Calcium Carbonate from tap really throws off Coco and causes things to get quit alkaline in the coco itself

the very reason Calcium Nitrate is heavily ised in coco specific nutrient products

best of luck

T

Tylergrower

I actually have an RO unit but I'm just not using it. Maybe that's kind of stupid but I've done fine in the past with tap water. I should probably experiment with RO next time. As for now I've gotta get through this grow.

Enforcer

Enforcer

The EC of my water is 0.6 to start with. I have been watering with 1.7ml per Liter of micro and 2.5ml of bloom but also 0.5ml of Calmag with 3% Nitrogen which ups the N content by a little but not much really. I'm going to start with 70% of the recommended doses of micro and bloom for late flowering and some extra pottasium to make up for the lack of Gro nutrient. This means there will be quite a bit less Nitrogen because of the lack of Gro nutrient and the fact its 70% of recommended dose means i will end up with a third of the nitrogen I've been using. In flower they need less Nitrogen so I've done a bit of math today with the npk ratios. Something I've never done before I've always gone with roughly what you said which is a little more than 6 and 9 per 4L.
There ya go, you’re getting excess N from somewhere. Good work rethinking the feed.

Wisher619

Wisher619

I actually have an RO unit but I'm just not using it. Maybe that's kind of stupid but I've done fine in the past with tap water. I should probably experiment with RO next time. As for now I've gotta get through this grow.
so you grew in coco before and had no problems?
what would the difference be now

Enforcer

Enforcer

I use RO and add calmag to about 150-200ppm before I add anything else. Then I add nutrients to whatever ppm I’m shooing for. I only use thier recommendation, cut in half, as a starting point.

Top Bottom