Girl Scout Cookie

• Thread starter BirdDog1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdDog1

BirdDog1

I got a call from a club that I donate to today. Berner, the man who put together the GSC project stopped in yesterday and verified my cut/buds as real deal. I wasn't able to go over an talk with him, I would have like to get his blessing to breed with her so I'll have to catch him next time. But in the mean time, my cut that I used in the Alien crosses was verified by the man himself. JFYI

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I'm just on a smart ass kick today, I do apologize. lol
Would be interesting to see what Berner knows about the breeding involved in the GSC project. Do they grow the Floridah 5 finger OG or whatever they call it?

shawnskush

shawnskush

alls i know is i have some of birddogs GSC crosses and im stoked whether its forum or "cookie fam" GSC its gonna be dank!

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Apology accepted main. It's South Florida OG aka Flo-Ryder OG, that's the strain I was hoping to talk to Berner's breeder about. Of course the F1 cut of Durban that was used also must be nice too. I haven't ever seen a real nice cut of Durban, but I haven't ever looked either. I ran every OG cut I came across for years, and GSC is my favorite OG. Ya, lots of questions I'd like to ask being that GSC my favorite cut. Like I've said before, this cut is just getting started. I've noticed it takes about 5-6 years for a strain that is truly elite in flavor and stone to hit it's highest demand. I've had my cut for about 2 years, and I got it about 3-4 months after I started hearing the rumors of this "New 42 strain up north" so unless something else with crazy hype happens soon.....I see GSC winning a lot of cups and demand peaking in a year or so.

And look, i'm not looking to get into a debate about the best strains. I'm just stating that iv'e ran a lot of gear, and GSC is MY favorite all around. Green Crack is easily #2, then there are about 10 strains in the #3 spot. Just my personal taste.

The "Thin mint" pheno of GSC has seemed to peeter out, and the OG dom cut (Forum, SCM or whatever) is still gaining ground. That's another question I'd like to know.....how many phenos were kept and if it's really just Thin Mint (Durb dom) and Forum (OG dom). I have a feeling there are more than 2 out there from the same batch, but just a guess. I just enjoy tracking these things, just like in the dog breeding I do. It's a hobby, and I enjoy it so much it's a passion.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

i used to hate GSC, but im fucking in love right now... that shit seriously puts me RIGHT OUT... like "hey i wanna go to bed" just pack some GSC. haha.

I would like to ask though with you breeding with it.... i mean, assuming that those ARE the strains and these rappers are right..... from a breeders standpoint what is the main focus of breeding with that plant? i just see it as
A. there is so much speculation of the history i dont know what to believe
B. "IF" berner and pieguy and shit are right, then that means its a cross of strains nobody has ever grown or even really heard about. looking at that from a breeder what do you try and do to create confidence in something nobody knows??? all those traits from what we have no idea of what it is will come out. how much variation have you seen? ive popped and seen popped about 15 diff GSC crosses, and i have yet to see one come out like the original.... so just curious about the crazy strain cross being a crazy pheno.... it feels like it would be really hard to find anything like the original... but you never know... just too many expressions of too many things (and once again if those strains are it, f1 durbs and "flo=rida OG") we have no idea how those plants grow their traits what they pass down or anything.... what is the main focus of breeding with a plant nobody knows??? simply getting beans of it to the market and hoping someone/ or even scarier everyone finds a pheno that compares???

hoping maybe a breeder can know... especially if the dude claiming to make it has tried yours!! which is some killer props BTW.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
If the cookie is so potent, why wouldn't a breeder wanna utilize it for the coloration, potency, structure and odors/flavors.
Nobody knows what OG Kush is, but you might agree it's good and is utilized in many awesome hybrids.

Glad you love the GSC now, not knowing the genetics is hardly reason to not use them if they are liked by the public and the breeder, imo

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

i used to hate GSC, but im fucking in love right now... that shit seriously puts me RIGHT OUT... like "hey i wanna go to bed" just pack some GSC. haha.

I would like to ask though with you breeding with it.... i mean, assuming that those ARE the strains and these rappers are right..... from a breeders standpoint what is the main focus of breeding with that plant? i just see it as
A. there is so much speculation of the history i dont know what to believe
B. "IF" berner and pieguy and shit are right, then that means its a cross of strains nobody has ever grown or even really heard about. looking at that from a breeder what do you try and do to create confidence in something nobody knows??? all those traits from what we have no idea of what it is will come out. how much variation have you seen? ive popped and seen popped about 15 diff GSC crosses, and i have yet to see one come out like the original.... so just curious about the crazy strain cross being a crazy pheno.... it feels like it would be really hard to find anything like the original... but you never know... just too many expressions of too many things (and once again if those strains are it, f1 durbs and "flo=rida OG") we have no idea how those plants grow their traits what they pass down or anything.... what is the main focus of breeding with a plant nobody knows??? simply getting beans of it to the market and hoping someone/ or even scarier everyone finds a pheno that compares???

hoping maybe a breeder can know... especially if the dude claiming to make it has tried yours!! which is some killer props BTW.

A - Me neither 100%, but i'm 90% its (S.FL OG x Durb). I'm 100% that one side is OG, but it could be any ELITE OG like the badass OGs up in the Northern Cali mountains that's been held onto tight for years....or decades. And I just don't have the Durban side knowledge to say if it's 100% Durb, but there is no reason it's not.
B - Just recently talking to another member I have a feeling that High Octane OG and the S. Florida OG may be the same strain, or related. THIS IS JUST A HUNCH, but i'm def going to be looking over the High Octane OG buds then I'll know for sure. Does anyone know someone with a real deal High Octane OG cut?

I have one GSC x Tahoe Alien (Alien Cookie OG F1) that looks exactly like GSC and even smells a lot like her. I'm pulling her along with the GSC a week later so I'll take some side by sides and you can check it out. The hardest part is to get the flavor and potency of the GSC. I think I kept or increased the potency, but I'm not sure about the flavor/quality of smoke. I'll know in about 3 weeks, after they dry and a week or two cure.

shawnskush

shawnskush

A - Me neither 100%, but i'm 90% its (S.FL OG x Durb). I'm 100% that one side is OG, but it could be any ELITE OG like the badass OGs up in the Northern Cali mountains that's been held onto tight for years....or decades. And I just don't have the Durban side knowledge to say if it's 100% Durb, but there is no reason it's not.
B - Just recently talking to another member I have a feeling that High Octane OG and the S. Florida OG may be the same strain, or related. THIS IS JUST A HUNCH, but i'm def going to be looking over the High Octane OG buds then I'll know for sure. Does anyone know someone with a real deal High Octane OG cut?

I have one GSC x Tahoe Alien (Alien Cookie OG F1) that looks exactly like GSC and even smells a lot like her. I'm pulling her along with the GSC a week later so I'll take some side by sides and you can check it out. The hardest part is to get the flavor and potency of the GSC. I think I kept or increased the potency, but I'm not sure about the flavor/quality of smoke. I'll know in about 3 weeks, after they dry and a week or two cure.

I think justblazen is running some high octane

J

justblazen

Active Farmer

Alot of us farmers have the High Octane BD. The only real way to know where it came from is if one of the main people that originally held the cut comes out and says it. Nigel (person who had it for years) held it and paid big bucks for it, and his friend X Runner took it to a clone shop and many farmers in L.A swooped on it, but he got all butt hurt when he found out people started making money off of it and breeding with it. There's probably way more to the story but he mentioned Florida on the other site when peeps were talking about the origins of OG. He also mentioned that he knew it as just OG kush. A club started calling it high octane when he dropped off some flowers, and the name stuck. It's really difficult to say, because he deleted his account on the other site. Nigel was definitely a skilled grower to say the least. and had a very dry sense of humor. FWIW it's a dank OG that yields better than most of the other clone onlys. Hope this helps...

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Alot of us farmers have the High Octane BD. The only real way to know where it came from is if one of the main people that originally held the cut comes out and says it. Nigel (person who had it for years) held it and paid big bucks for it, and his friend X Runner took it to a clone shop and many farmers in L.A swooped on it, but he got all butt hurt when he found out people started making money off of it and breeding with it. There's probably way more to the story but he mentioned Florida on the other site when peeps were talking about the origins of OG. He also mentioned that he knew it as just OG kush. A club started calling it high octane when he dropped off some flowers, and the name stuck. It's really difficult to say, because he deleted his account on the other site. Nigel was definitely a skilled grower to say the least. and had a very dry sense of humor. FWIW it's a dank OG that yields better than most of the other clone onlys. Hope this helps...

Ya, totally.....you were the member I was talking about haha. After that conversation I started wondering because how many super dank OG cuts from Florida are going around Cali at the moment? I would guess not that many, so since they just named it High Octane once it got to Cali, it could be the same cut that just got named Flo-Ryder (Flo-rida) by someone else in Cali who ended up with it.. Me and you will find out in the next couple months if the HO and FloRyder are the same when we hook up. I'll bring a nice jar and we will carefully "analyze" the two :cigar:

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

And I sampled all the phenos from the Alien Cookie OG F1s and only one pheno tastes like cookie, enough that you would know if it was passed to you and you know your cookie well. But truth be told, still only a little. The Tahoe Alien genetics are strong, they def sweetened up every pheno that came out, sweet OG.....mmmm, ya that ACOG is tasty tasty. The Alien Rock Candy dominated the Girl Scout Candy cross I did. There def was some OG added by the GSC but it was more sour than OG. I'm BXing the ACOG to the cookie again so we shall see. I documented the cookie leaner well with plenty of notes and pics so I can look for the male that most resembles her and that's the guy that i'll hit the cookie with. I may use several males on several GSC females like I did last time but it was a huge pain in the ass, we'll see how motivated I am when the time comes.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Ya, totally.....you were the member I was talking about haha. After that conversation I started wondering because how many super dank OG cuts from Florida are going around Cali at the moment? I would guess not that many, so since they just named it High Octane once it got to Cali, it could be the same cut that just got named Flo-Ryder (Flo-rida) by someone else in Cali who ended up with it.. Me and you will find out in the next couple months if the HO and FloRyder are the same when we hook up. I'll bring a nice jar and we will carefully "analyze" the two :cigar:
Whoa Birddog u got the Flo-Rida OG? That sounds like a super fun smoke test..

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Whoa Birddog u got the Flo-Rida OG? That sounds like a super fun smoke test..

No, I just have the GSC and the GSC leaning Girl Scout Candy pheno and GSC leaning Alien Cookie OG pheno, so I have 3 buds that lean twards the Flo-ryder. When I hook up with JB (He has the High Octane) we can compare and find out if it's the same cut.

I did just get a sick cut of Golden Ticket OG and a new Platinum OG though that I'm pretty stoked about. Imma hit em both with Alien Cookie OG F1 pollen in a couple weeks. Like I said brother, i'm hittin' the OGs hard this year. By 2014 I will have a wide variety of elite stable OG genitics in the fridge.

Speaking of the fridge, I have been looking into long term seed storage. I'm actually considering burying them in the ground where the temps are stable year around, and getting a mini fridge just for seed storage and easy access. How do you store your gear and what do you recommend?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

How do you store your gear and what do you recommend?
I don't do anything 2 fancy.. There in there packs with a Lil rice the placed in a big jar then I fill the whole jar with more rice & placed in the frige..I've wondered if the freezer was better but I live in a hot ass town & when I take out the jar 2 put more seeds or dig out a pack I'm thinking the beans would defrost.. I don't like them 2 freeze then defrost over & over.. So I juss keep them cold but they still warm up a bit when I take them out & find the next pack 2 pop..

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
No, I just have the GSC and the GSC leaning Girl Scout Candy pheno and GSC leaning Alien Cookie OG pheno, so I have 3 buds that lean twards the Flo-ryder. When I hook up with JB (He has the High Octane) we can compare and find out if it's the same cut.

I did just get a sick cut of Golden Ticket OG and a new Platinum OG though that I'm pretty stoked about. Imma hit em both with Alien Cookie OG F1 pollen in a couple weeks. Like I said brother, i'm hittin' the OGs hard this year. By 2014 I will have a wide variety of elite stable OG genitics in the fridge.

Speaking of the fridge, I have been looking into long term seed storage. I'm actually considering burying them in the ground where the temps are stable year around, and getting a mini fridge just for seed storage and easy access. How do you store your gear and what do you recommend?

Sounds like a plan BD. Only way to know is if we had some Florida OG nuggs too. I'd love to try the snowball pheno.

Top Bottom