Go to flower or hold out?? VOTE NOW 😛

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Hi farm fam. These girls are at day 47 from seed, with the exception of bottom right which was planted 7 days later as a replacement. Bottom left has been runty all the way through, most likely just genetics that have been least able to handle the clumsy efforts of a first timer. Youngest girl has caught up pretty well though doesn't have the bulk yet of the back two.

Go to flower or hold out vote now

The back two are getting to be hard work with tie downs. Really want to get the net on as they have sites for days. I've sort of accepted that they will be my performers, bottom right should do well hopefully just a week behind, bottom left who knows what it's doing. It's beyond my current knowledge... A photo from left side of tents, back girls to left of shot

Go to flower or hold out vote now 2

I kind of feel like the small girl is struggling to stretch, feel like I want to get the net on and throw to flower and just accept smaller girls are going to perform a little less.

I guess my question is do I hold out for young girl to catch up and try to bring runt girl through to some more growth, or just let them be what they are, see what flowering does and get onto a second grow where I can apply what I've learned and try for better results? Don't want to waste time on plants that are not going to deliver, almost at 7 weeks from seed. Really happy with the structure of the plants but would love some input. Cheers crew.

Go to flower or hold out vote now 3
AmokNewb

AmokNewb

The runt will catch up in flower and will probably always be shorter, but, will probably flower and finish first. At least that’s what happened to me.

growsince79

growsince79

It all depends on strain. But for indoor buds in general, longer veg times makes a lower relative yield. You might get more buds. But as long as the canopy is full, after the first 30 days veg its usually not worth the extra time.
In my world, I can veg 4 plant 30 days and harvest a16oz, or I can veg 2 plants for 60 days and get 16oz.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Looking great!! Did you top them or just LST? Toss the net on and flip them. Those 4 will definitely fill out your space already.
I topped all four, and the big girl at the back I broke one of her top shoots so I FIMmed the other top shoot and am gonna get four out of it. Thanx for the encouragement mate just needed to make sure I wasn't going early

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

It all depends on strain. But for indoor buds in general, longer veg times makes a lower relative yield. You might get more buds. But as long as the canopy is full, after the first 30 days veg its usually not worth the extra time.
In my world, I can veg 4 plant 30 days and harvest a16oz, or I can veg 2 plants for 60 days and get 16oz.
Thanks man that's a good tip. I think being my first grow I'll get a better idea of just how much stretch there actually is. I'm sure I'm underestimating it but I've also learned a lot of lessons for my next grow through those extra days. But I'm sure I'll be able to cut my time down next grow and get faster buds. Gonna throw the net and go for it.

Allegedly

Allegedly

I topped all four, and the big girl at the back I broke one of her top shoots so I FIMmed the other top shoot and am gonna get four out of it. Thanx for the encouragement mate just needed to make sure I wasn't going early
15 days growth in coco for me. two on the right are my obvious runts. i grew each from seed. just so you can see whats goin down.

20210814 121143
20210830 001132
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

15 days growth in coco for me. two on the right are my obvious runts. i grew each from seed. just so you can see whats goin down.
Yeah see mine are at 46 and look like your first photo. Are you saying the second is 15 days after flipping or is that still veg?

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah see mine are at 46 and look like your first photo. Are you saying the second is 15 days after flipping or is that still veg?
That first photo isn't 15 days from sprout. Some guys like to count different.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

That first photo isn't 15 days from sprout. Some guys like to count different.
Ah gotcha. Yeah based on what you're saying I feel like time to flip them and then go with a new grow and keep learning. I know there was lots of failures early on with my nutes and watering as you'd expect so feel like will get quicker growth next time having it more dialled in. I can't keep smoking the local black market flowers 🤮

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Oh cool cool. I was gonna say. Yeah right they fill up pretty good!

Allegedly

Allegedly

Ah gotcha. Yeah based on what you're saying I feel like time to flip them and then go with a new grow and keep learning. I know there was lots of failures early on with my nutes and watering as you'd expect so feel like will get quicker growth next time having it more dialled in. I can't keep smoking the local black market flowers 🤮
it probably feels like you didnt get a lot of growth and the plants seem small because of the LST and topping. you kept the plant from growing vertical naturally and kept it low and bushy. its bigger than you think and im sure it will surprise you after 10-14 days of 12/12. they can stretch SO much in just 1 day during the first few weeks. all those little branches that you made even with the top will all shoot up and form your canopy.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

it probably feels like you didnt get a lot of growth and the plants seem small because of the LST and topping. you kept the plant from growing vertical naturally and kept it low and bushy. its bigger than you think and im sure it will surprise you after 10-14 days of 12/12. they can stretch SO much in just 1 day during the first few weeks. all those little branches that you made even with the top will all shoot up and form your canopy.
Awesome thanks man. You guys know how to set a brother's mind at ease. Yeah when I look under the canopy I can see where a lot of that growth went, nice thick trunks and fat nodes. Hopefully they're just waiting for the lights to change and explode.

Top Bottom