Go to flower or hold out?? VOTE NOW 😛

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Really nice job w the lst! 👍👍
Thank you! Always hard to know on first grow, I'm really happy with their structure though. Started with pretty good genetics I think, paid $20 a seed to make sure was starting off good. Those thick little trunks and branches should be good straws for my little buddies to drink thru ☺️

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

What does everyone think about this 36 hours of darkness thing when flipping?

Allegedly

Allegedly

What does everyone think about this 36 hours of darkness thing when flipping?
I think it gets longer all the time :) I just unplug my timer the last night and chop it sometime during the next lights on period. I've done 2 days, never noticed any real difference personally but you know 59% of everyone is gonna say you have to, and 4 crazy people are gonna say something like, oh you gotta leave em in the dark two weeks and pee in a humidifier. :)

Allegedly

Allegedly

I think it gets longer all the time :) I just unplug my timer the last night and chop it sometime during the next lights on period. I've done 2 days, never noticed any real difference personally but you know 59% of everyone is gonna say you have to, and 4 crazy people are gonna say something like, oh you gotta leave em in the dark two weeks and pee in a humidifier. :)
I just woke up and saw the 36 hrs dark and thought you meant for harvest. That's a new one to me on the flip, sounds like more unnecessary stress. But if you wanna know try it I guess, they're probably gonna stretch like shit frantically searching for the sun that totally disappeared on them.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I just woke up and saw the 36 hrs dark and thought you meant for harvest. That's a new one to me on the flip, sounds like more unnecessary stress. But if you wanna know try it I guess, they're probably gonna stretch like shit frantically searching for the sun that totally disappeared on them.
Yeah I don't like the sound of it. A bit of grow shop science, I don't like the idea of stressing them right at start of flower. But some guys swear by it. I'm not gonna take the risk on my first.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I actually read some folks say they do it to REDUCE the stretch! Apparently they feel like it loads up the growth tips with the following hormone and severely diminishes the veg hormone. Maybe if I was running out of room? I've got 3 ft above that net before I run out of room 😂

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Do as you wish. But nature doesn't provide a long dark period to initiate flower cycles. Raise light intensity slowly to help control stretch and tuck them back with netting. Ive tried both ways, not a noticable difference IMO. I do keep them in dark before harvest. Last ones went a week in darkness, because I was busy and tired. Definitely stressed them. But stress can cause more resin production, or hermies, 🤔 have to balance on that line.

Allegedly

Allegedly

I actually read some folks say they do it to REDUCE the stretch! Apparently they feel like it loads up the growth tips with the following hormone and severely diminishes the veg hormone. Maybe if I was running out of room? I've got 3 ft above that net before I run out of room 😂
well, you're gonna see no shortage of fun and interesting advice regarding the growth of this plant. Have you ever heard "don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see"? Not to say any of this bro science is wrong, but before you try things in YOUR garden, take a peak at the persons giving the advice. They may be on to something...or they may be shitting in the pot and pissing in the humidifier because some friend told them it was amazing for plants. 😆 (i wish i was making that stuff up but ive heard it, seen it, and Ive only been doing this a couple years...i cant imagine what it was like before the 90s god dammmnnn lol.)

-side note- Im really not trying to sound negative or discourage experimenting with your plants, please do that youll learn alot. but like you said already, careful how much you play around with that first crop, best to get some stash in jars before you grow something for 3 or 4 months and get no return or a really bad one :)

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
well, you're gonna see no shortage of fun and interesting advice regarding the growth of this plant. Have you ever heard "don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see"? Not to say any of this bro science is wrong, but before you try things in YOUR garden, take a peak at the persons giving the advice. They may be on to something...or they may be shitting in the pot and pissing in the humidifier because some friend told them it was amazing for plants. 😆 (i wish i was making that stuff up but ive heard it, seen it, and Ive only been doing this a couple years...i cant imagine what it was like before the 90s god dammmnnn lol.)

-side note- Im really not trying to sound negative or discourage experimenting with your plants, please do that youll learn alot. but like you said already, careful how much you play around with that first crop, best to get some stash in jars before you grow something for 3 or 4 months and get no return or a really bad one :)
So true. Haha. Tried a few things here or there. But ONLY on plants that were for experiments.
Establish yourself as a grower with some experience and harvests before trying all the "tricks". Most don't work.
All comes down to proper environment and nutrient profile. I see too many adding this or that because the label or feed schedule from a corporation says to.
Learn and have fun along the way. It's a passion, not a job.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Exactly my thoughts. I didn't take out negatively I'm a math and science guy so I'm only interested in evidence. If someone presented a study where it showed a clear difference I might look at it again. I've avoided a lot of trouble by ignoring a lot of bad advice haha. And found plenty of good advice on here.

The girls tonight:

508163FC BCAF 43EA A564 3A6AAAB349E5
B4A219C1 FAF2 4D6C 9796 501A029BD51A
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So true. Haha. Tried a few things here or there. But ONLY on plants that were for experiments.
Establish yourself as a grower with some experience and harvests before trying all the "tricks". Most don't work.
All comes down to proper environment and nutrient profile. I see too many adding this or that because the label or feed schedule from a corporation says to.
Learn and have fun along the way. It's a passion, not a job.
Most of what I see in the forums needs to be subjected to the old adage 'if you hear hooves don't go looking for zebras'. So much talk about complex nutrient binding issues without addressing environment at all, when from what I can see in my grow it's almost always basic environmental issues. I worked out my runty one has not liked having less fan than the others, not drying out at the same rate. I'm getting another fan tomorrow hehe

Latest posts

Top Bottom