Gognats?

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growster

Growster

fuck gnats.

They are doing damage. the larvae will eat in to the base of the stem and rot the xylem. Your plant will die overnight. They aren't called "FUNGUS" gnats for nothing.

Kill them. Kill them all. Microbelift is super concentrated. I am currently dousing my girls with a capful per gallon every other day, and I have sticky traps everywhere. I also spend like an hour a day killing them Mr. Miagi style. I just hunt them down and poke them with my fingertip. I have killed over 400 in the past week.

You cant over due it with the BTi so let em have it cheech.

I am also going to water in a permethrin solution when it gets here. I have a friend who says that is the nuke for them.

That's odd... I've had fungus gnats for months now and they don't seem to be doing ANY damage whatsoever to my plants... In fact I believe they are HELPING... and correct me if I'm mistaken here, but I believe they're called FUNGUS GNATS because they eat the FUNGUS that grows around your roots... Maybe they eat beneficials, maybe they eat non-beneficials... But I know for sure my plants are loving life despite the little bastids. :)

S

Shrubs

That's odd... I've had fungus gnats for months now and they don't seem to be doing ANY damage whatsoever to my plants... In fact I believe they are HELPING... and correct me if I'm mistaken here, but I believe they're called FUNGUS GNATS because they eat the FUNGUS that grows around your roots... Maybe they eat beneficials, maybe they eat non-beneficials... But I know for sure my plants are loving life despite the little bastids. :)

They eat fungus and plant roots indiscriminately, I'd be willing to bet there's more plant root matter to eat than fungus so you'll have your roots eaten more than fungus. Maybe you could look at it as a form of root pruning?:evilgrin

I use Gognats as a weekly drench along with a solid root drenching of Azamax every 3rd week until the 3rd week of flowering.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Microbe Lift BMC. Works great on gnats. Its also bacteria. Its primary use is mosquito larva in ponds bird bath etc. But it kills the gnat larva quick maybe 3 apps you should get it done.

Plus you get enough to treat like 5000 gallons for about 26 bucks. It is the same thing that is in the dunks but just a concentrate. Be sure to wear PPE.

C

cheech

Should I be wearing PPE for the mosquito dunks? I get rez water on my arms regularly from taking the hose off my pumps to let them circulate the nute water.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Honestly you dont "Need" to but I would highly recommend it. Anything with bt toxin requires you to wash your hands well after use. Officially it is not required but that is indirectly a result that most of the studies done on BT toxin were funded by Monsanto in order for them to push through BT cotton. That being said I wear gloves and mask and still wash hands.

CageyBee

CageyBee

Should I be wearing PPE for the mosquito dunks? I get rez water on my arms regularly from taking the hose off my pumps to let them circulate the nute water.

You should to wear PPE with everything you use man. Using nutes, pesticides, and fungicides can definitely effect your health negatively. Some quicker than others.

And try that Microbe Lift....it works wonders....

Top Bottom