Gognats?

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

Anyone use this. I'm about to stop by the store to pick some up. The fungus gnats are out of control. Going to use some DE on the surface but would like to put something through the medium.

Does rockwool have this problem, or are heavy fungus gnat problems coco specific?

C

cheech

Going with DE and azamax as a flood. Read that the gognats is shit. Store doesn't carry gnatrol or I'd try that.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Mosquito dunks and sticky traps wipe those mofos out completely. Mix a 1/4 dunk to a gallon, let it sit 24, then bust they ass with a good watering.

C

cheech

I have a pretty hard core infestation. Doesn't look like their doing any damage though.

Still, my sticky traps are so fucking covered from a week of use that I just bought more to replace them. I've got lots of fliers.

Just spread powdered DE over the entire surface of each container. Really got them moving around.

Do the mosquito dunks slow the plants down at all? How many in a dunk?

green punk

green punk

Microbe Lift BMC. Works great on gnats. Its also bacteria. Its primary use is mosquito larva in ponds bird bath etc. But it kills the gnat larva quick maybe 3 apps you should get it done.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Earlier posts have offered good advice for the systemic problem. Gognats works well for adults, or as a preventative, just be sure you apply it at lights out, but it is best to use it in conjunction with a predator mite or bacterial inoculant as previously mentioned by others

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
go gnats works like a champ as long as its gnats and not aphids. Its just cedar. Dunks work better and cheaper.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
fuck gnats.

They are doing damage. the larvae will eat in to the base of the stem and rot the xylem. Your plant will die overnight. They aren't called "FUNGUS" gnats for nothing.

Kill them. Kill them all. Microbelift is super concentrated. I am currently dousing my girls with a capful per gallon every other day, and I have sticky traps everywhere. I also spend like an hour a day killing them Mr. Miagi style. I just hunt them down and poke them with my fingertip. I have killed over 400 in the past week.

You cant over due it with the BTi so let em have it cheech.

I am also going to water in a permethrin solution when it gets here. I have a friend who says that is the nuke for them.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just one thing. Gnats are pretty damn easy to get rid of. If you are having a long drawn out battle and they wont die you might have winged root aphids.

altimood

altimood

fuck gnats.

They are doing damage. the larvae will eat in to the base of the stem and rot the xylem. Your plant will die overnight. They aren't called "FUNGUS" gnats for nothing.

Kill them. Kill them all. Microbelift is super concentrated. I am currently dousing my girls with a capful per gallon every other day, and I have sticky traps everywhere. I also spend like an hour a day killing them Mr. Miagi style. I just hunt them down and poke them with my fingertip. I have killed over 400 in the past week.

You cant over due it with the BTi so let em have it cheech.

I am also going to water in a permethrin solution when it gets here. I have a friend who says that is the nuke for them.
Ya man I watched some FG larvae Do just that- Ate some seedlings from the base up, like two or three of them. The larvae are the damaging one's. Hey Chris- Is the trick with dunks to soak em' and then water it in? I was grinding it up and sprinkling it on the tops of containers without any good results. Guess you should water it in... I know a lot of guys with big grows cap their soil or coco with a half in to an inch of sand and wipe out FG populations. Its a good trick.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
When I ran it on tables I would throw them in the rez. With soil plants I would throw in in the nute mix. I would also grind them up with a coffee grinder and mix them in the soil.

Nice tip on the sand.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Just one thing. Gnats are pretty damn easy to get rid of. If you are having a long drawn out battle and they wont die you might have winged root aphids.

Ive had root aphids. mine are gnats. They have been a pain in the ass to get rid of, but I have been lazy about it until recently.

true grit

true grit

Or they are watering way too much.

Water less and use gognats and they will all go bye bye.

E

Emithsuk

True grit nailed it. Overwatering is the biggest cause in coco.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Not that good to let media go super dry IMHO. Even moisture throughout the grow is key, and the larvae can deal with even moisture.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Fuck Gnats!!! Go Raiders!!! I'm juss playin' I like 2 use a layer of sand..

purpleberry

purpleberry

I get super gnats, Ive tried all the gognats, microbe drops, dunks, none of those products ever work really good. sometime they slow them down.
Total soil drench with azatrol at 1ml gallon 2x a few weeks apart and sticky traps always gets them.

true grit

true grit

Not that good to let media go super dry IMHO. Even moisture throughout the grow is key, and the larvae can deal with even moisture.

If you are using something like drip clean to prevent salt build up, then letting the media go pretty damn dry doesn't negatively effect much. Now if yuo aren't using something like drip clean and let things go dry you will get a tremendous salt build up and ph changes in the media.

If I'm having any gnat issues I most def let things get almost bone dry. A couple waterings like that from dry to moist with teh aide of GoGnats and they will be gone.

C

cheech

What was gognats supposed to do again? lol..... Been there, done that.

These sticky traps are from one veg room, and there were actually a few more traps in there. I've got a flower room and another veg room that have an equally heavy infestation.

Good thing is they don't seem to be slowing a damn thing down. Have more mosquito dunks on the way.

TG, I have been letting the medium dry out. IDK what to do at this point except laugh at this ridiculous situation!

DSCF0010
DSCF0011
DSCF0012
DSCF0013
Top Bottom