goGnats ?

• Thread starter kushsmoker30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

yea no joke on da bye bye part, i wanted to put sand on top was wondering if it keeps medium wet loner. figured for now i'll unleash 50 million nematodes on em 1st n c what they do after that, figure it's over kill but fuck it i hate them bitches.

Ive used Gonats at a weaker concentration and had no problem and would use it again, other than it can get somewhat somewhat messy on a Rez pump with H202 during disinfect. Place the plant in a bubble bucket raise the water level and spray the hachlings as they rise to the surface, let the plant set in the bubble bucket for a bit then put back on the line, go to the next plant. I use an Eb and flow with expanded clay and have found this successful, however use in addition to other lines of attack to insure those that have a natural tolerance are killed by another product.

IMO this is why spidermites have become such an issue is that growers have bread them by using just one line of defense instead of all out war.

One point I would highly recommend is not just hitting pests with one approach, it breads super bugs because a few always survive the one majic bullet. I have had few pest problems and they don't come back because I hit them with multiple attacks at one time.

K

kushsmoker30

Ive used Gonats at a weaker concentration and had no problem and would use it again, other than it can get somewhat somewhat messy on a Rez pump with H202 during disinfect. Place the plant in a bubble bucket raise the water level and spray the hachlings as they rise to the surface, let the plant set in the bubble bucket for a bit then put back on the line, go to the next plant. I use an Eb and flow with expanded clay and have found this successful, however use in addition to other lines of attack to insure those that have a natural tolerance are killed by another product.

IMO this is why spidermites have become such an issue is that growers have bread them by using just one line of defense instead of all out war.

One point I would highly recommend is not just hitting pests with one approach, it breads super bugs because a few always survive the one majic bullet. I have had few pest problems and they don't come back because I hit them with multiple attacks at one time.

i did go to da highest rec dose on da gognats in coco dont know if dat matters, i peeked at roots on side of pot n they r happy. i only used gognats once didn't like it.

what i did next was make a tea with some of caps foliar pack that i had sitting cuz i had ran out of root pack ,7 - 9 tables spoons full of foliar to 4 gals of water a shit load of old great white n some Root Bloom myco-bacterial inoculant i bought for cheap. i added that to a 25 gals of food think that caps foliar hurt em bad as i dont c nowhere near as many, i did go above the rec dose on all 3 bennies i used n so far so good. can't wait to get da nematodes recommended to me, i ordered above the rec needed amount on those too. sales rep said i wont hurt, it's just not needed.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

the great white and gonats is what i think makes a mess, it gets worse with h202, IMO it's overkill adding more great white than recommend, but i'm a tight ass and less is more philosophy with everything except exterminating. As far as using lady bugs, praying mantice ect they are on the list of weapons on the all out onslaught, however other treatments kill them off as well so they are the first in or last in. A no pest strip is another weapon at my disposal I only hung it overnight a few times and placed it back in the wrapper folding the top over and cloths penning it closed to use again every so often. Before unleashing any chemical weapons, Benny bugs are just vacuumed up and put back in the frig or to the garden outside, except lady bugs they just fly away, they just go to the frig.

As far as the Gonats it's been taken out of some of the shops here because people were supposedly burning up their plants with it. however I didn't have that problem a friend of mine that turned me on to it for some pesky white flys that came in off my grapes, said to use half the recommended dosage, I didn't use it as a folliaar though, it went in the rez and really smelled great. but the greasy mess, I think it kills the bennies even though some say it doesn't. Like I said don't just do one or two things, hit them all out, organic insecticidal soap folliar one time, then a different folliar, hit the root zone, rez, air, and then bug bennies. Everybody reports a great reduction with one or two lines of attack, I hit bugs and don't have a problem for another year, then hit em hard again if they take up residence.

also those sticky white mouse traps u buy at wally world I cut in half, lay one across another like a V and place at the base of each plant, it reflects light upward like a white collar as a secondary bennifit, but it's my early warning system, also the sticky fly catchers hanging. They can be a pain in the ass though when one falls over, i try to save the plastic that peals off so i can place it over them when moving plants around.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Another thing about the bennie bugs, I like to use them last because they are like parakeets to miners, i hate bugs but like to go as organic as possible (exception being no pest strip) for my dogs and others in the house. S0 after i think Ive killed all the bad bugs, I release half of the good ones and if they die off quickly I know I still need to wait. I'd really recommend that if you ever have to result to powerful sprays, use the bugs last, to kill any stragglers, the good bugs will tell you if your environment is ok again.

true grit

true grit

C'mon folks making this way too difficult. Its a very simple product that works exactly as its supposed (especially in coco) as long as you use as directed and let your coco dry out more. Super simple problem, super simple fix.

sky high

sky high

go gnats is overpriced BTi

will not hurt bennies.

read the label, then read this label. Price them both....it will save you a wad. Ace hardware usually carries it.

http://www.microbelift.com/files/1013/2812/2879/MSDS-BIOLOGICAL-MOSQUITO-CONTROL.pdf

Mr. Hip knows the drill. This stuff is WAYYYYYYYYY more concentrated and is far more effective from my experience. (wasn't impressed with "GoGnats") It's used in ponds/lakes and is super-concentrated. Same shit that is in the dunks and Gnatrol. (bti) I believe GoGnats is made from the cedar tree or some such thing...

good luck fuckin em up tho...whatever ya use

s h

Deeznutz

Deeznutz

I used coco mats with 6" blocks and had developed a nat problem. I used GoNats in my res. and it seemed to work. I used a little less than recommended dosage. I was also told I can use mosquito dunks in some panty hose and hang them in the res and that works.

Top Bottom