good organic fert line who can help

• Thread starter jtmyzery2008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jtmyzery2008

i would like to find out the best combo to use from either advance nutrients or botanicare for vegg and flower or if you got any info on any other organic fert lines

420king-MASSES

theres a test thread on hear that covers it but the top 2 organic nutes are
earth-juice
bio-canna[my fav]

R

Radio_Dread

I use earth juice grow, bloom, and catalyst with pretty good success. i run them with roots organic formula 707. plants do love the organics

D

dican01

i used botanicare for a long time with great success. then roots organics came out with their line of organic nutrients a couple of years back. roots organics is very comparable to botanicare's pure blend pro line, except roots organics is completely organic. pure blend pro is a synthetic/organic blend. there are some differences in the products, but they produce very similar results.

roots organics has no cal/mag supplement. the cal/mag is in the grow and bloom. no need for botanicare's sweet either. molasses is the main ingredient in roots organics trinity, a bio-catalyst comparable to liquid karma.

something else to note is that roots organics grow and bloom are pretty muddy/sandy. if you grow in hydro, i would recommend pure blend pro grow and bloom with the rest roots organics. if you grow in soil, then all roots organics in my opinion.

O

Oregonic

I have been using the general organics line with great success plants love it! I use great white also. Works with cocoNot and soil well.

Same here, GO with FFOF/LW mixed soil. I am happy so far, calmag seems to be a little weak. Nothing like the smell of steak sauce!

Do some looking into sukanat, some good shit been using a 2tsp every watering and these ladies smell a lot stronger and have a ton more trichs compared to last run.

waayne

waayne

Hey dican01 how strong are you mixing The Root's Grow and Bloom????
I love Roots Organic soil>>just started to use their grow an bloom last week.
Thank's
Waayne

D

dican01

Hey dican01 how strong are you mixing The Root's Grow and Bloom????
I love Roots Organic soil>>just started to use their grow an bloom last week.
Thank's
Waayne

roots nutrients are top of the line in my opinion. depends on the strain, but i really don't use more than a tablespoon per gallon of the buddha grow for mature veg(i also use worm castings 1-0-0 and seaweed 1-0-4 is why). for flowering, i will take it up to 2 tablespoons per gallon of buddha bloom by the end.
roots organics hp2 bat guano 0-4-0 is the best stuff for flowering. get some if you don't already have it. i use this stuff like crazy in addition to the buddha bloom and my plants can't get enough. 1 tablespoon per gallon in flowering. best stuff for your flowers, seriously.
roots organics trinity is also really good. ingredients are molasses, yucca extract, quillaja (soapbark) extract, kelp extract (ascophyllum nodosom), soy protein hydrolysate, aloe extract, and humic acid derived from leonardite. this stuff is very unique and magical. 1 tablespoon per gallon.
their extreme serene (0-2-2 seaweed) is alright. i actually prefer nitrozime 0-4-4.
their ancient amber humic acid derived from leonardite is pretty good too, but their are other companies who make the same product.
hope this helped. what were you using before roots?

waayne

waayne

Thank's for the info dican01!!!
I use Age Old with the Roots Organic soil now and get excellent
result's,but want to try out The Roots line of food and additives
mainly because I have had such good results with their soil.I have went thru almost 2 pallets of their soil and it has been very consistent!
gonna grab some Trinity & hp2 an give them a try.
Thank's for the info! :rock

D

dican01

nice. i have used roots organics soil for years with great results. i met one of the owners when i lived in eugene, oregon. really honest people, family run business.
i agree with you completely that their soil is very consistent. i am testing ffof for the first time this grow and am not as happy. the texture seems a little nicer and has a richer color, but i have heard a lot of bad things about fox farm putting out inconsistent products. way too many nutrients in ffof too in my opinion, like a months worth, seriously. i am going to be switching back to just roots soil.
their nutrients are just as consistent as their soil.
the only other product i use from roots organics is oregonism(mycorrhizae and some other stuff). it's kind of expensive and i'm looking into other products, but i have have great success with their oregonism. wouldn't transplant without it.

O

Oregonic

Hmm, Roots is out of Eugene, gonna have to give them a shot. Seems like they have a pretty good report. U guys running just the soil or are you adding anything to it for drainage?

waayne

waayne

Seemed like When Willie was still running Fox Farm the consistency and quality control was better than now a day's.
some of the last batches of Ocean Forest I got were Super rich,everything was burnin up in it !!!
I always add some perlite and a lil Dolomite lime to the Roots Organic,and some peat if I need to make some mild mix for seedling's.
Nice to see honest companies putting out quality product's:rock

H

hailo

Seemed like When Willie was still running Fox Farm the consistency and quality control was better than now a day's.
some of the last batches of Ocean Forest I got were Super rich,everything was burnin up in it !!!
I always add some perlite and a lil Dolomite lime to the Roots Organic,and some peat if I need to make some mild mix for seedling's.
Nice to see honest companies putting out quality product's:rock

The last bag of FFOF i got was on the hot side as well....sucks about the QC going down...

Maybe they arent letting their stuff sit for long enough to meet demands?

D

dican01

Hmm, Roots is out of Eugene, gonna have to give them a shot. Seems like they have a pretty good report. U guys running just the soil or are you adding anything to it for drainage?

i have had no drainage problems with roots soil and i do not add anything.
if you live in oregon, you should start buying locally. they have been making soil for a while now, but their nutrients are pretty recent, in the past 3 or 4 years.

O

Oregonic

I had heard of roots but didn't know it was made across the mountain, I will be using it for sure the cost of mixing the FFOF/LW is getting to be a bit much.

Seems like a lot of FF's lineup is very unforgiving. Off to research the nutes a bit, hope the pricing is fair......

thanks for the info!

J

jakew215

roots organic!

i use there soil, add a little perlite.

i like watering mine more often i guess...

havent used an organic nutrient line yet but i plan on using roots nutrients next run and go 100% organic.

S

shavits

If you are growing in soil I recommend the Earth Juice line up cause its really great. You can also make your own compost teas that work really well!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

A great beginner organic line is the Age Old. They have grow, bloom, kelp, and humic/fulvic- at least that's what i've used. As you get deeper into organics, you can adjust accordingly and add other things, but I still use Age Old as my base nutrient line, with pretty good results. My soil also contains tons of beneficial micro-organisms, along with many other organic amendments. I use AO to give the girls a boost, and for my little gals. Organics meds are where it's at! Peace

D

dican01

I had heard of roots but didn't know it was made across the mountain, I will be using it for sure the cost of mixing the FFOF/LW is getting to be a bit much.

Seems like a lot of FF's lineup is very unforgiving. Off to research the nutes a bit, hope the pricing is fair......

thanks for the info!

the pricing is very fair. for around a hundred dollars you can get their entire line (in quart size).
do you live in bend?

O

Oregonic

the pricing is very fair. for around a hundred dollars you can get their entire line (in quart size).
do you live in bend?

Pretty fucking close to Bend, they carry the lineup over at BIGS? or do you have a spot to pick it up local? Would like to find somewhere other then BIGS to buy.

Top Bottom