Good producer strains for LED's?

• Thread starter login
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
login

login

Is it more favorable to run sativa dominant strains under LEDs? I'm not getting the stacking I'm used to seeing under LED that I did with CMH.

login

login

Here's one 7 weeks into flower that was vegged for 9 weeks looks like only a 3 oz plant. Branches grew lanky buds are sparse and small.
But to be fair this is my first run under 480 watt QB lights

20220410 172659
login

login

So my goal is to get back to 400-450 grams per plant with the 480 watt samsung QBs with a 9 week veg

Any suggestions to help meet those goals are appreciated

login

login

Is it even possible to hit 400 gram with a 480 watt led? Should I just go back to HID?

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

Is it even possible to hit 400 gram with a 480 watt led? Should I just go back to HID?
From what I've gathered the mark of a 'solid' grow is a gram per watt. Theoretically you can pull well over a gram per watt if you really kill it on everything.

My first grow I got 12oz off a Spider Farmer SF4000 in a 5x5 with 4 plants. Is that a gram per watt? No but it was at least 75% for sure. Second grow is still drying so I don't know how much exactly, but judging from how more I filled out my drying closet it, I'm thinking it's around 15oz. That would put me awfully close to the gram per watt mark.

login

login

Right thats what I was thinking about 1 gram per watt is about the best LEDs could do.

How long did you veg out the 4 plants?

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

They were Blue Dream Autos. We let the run 88-92 days. Quite a few hiccups and mistakes along the way.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

i just got 11 oz for a 4x4 tent running SF4000 for first attempt . mine grew in wilma system hydro with 4 weeks veg

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Yes , LED are capable to hit even 2grams x watt....ive never got more than 1.6 but the key its the genetic, and nowadays with all this polyhybrids made by pollenchuckers you really need to pop a hundred seeds to get the real game changer strain....
I think you just need to find a good pheno that you like and thats it

login

login

Yes , LED are capable to hit even 2grams x watt....ive never got more than 1.6 but the key its the genetic, and nowadays with all this polyhybrids made by pollenchuckers you really need to pop a hundred seeds to get the real game changer strain....
I think you just need to find a good pheno that you like and thats it
Really 2 grams per watt wow! Even 1.6 gpw seems to good to be true.

Anyway that's why I was asking about the more sativa dominant pheons seem to be doing a little better under the leds than the 50/50 hybrids i have goin now.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I always prefer hybrids that lean towards indica for short flowering time and heaviness but thats me...yes folks, keep poppin seeds
Shelf growing, or rack, tiers , however u wana call it, combined with led can even double those numbers by keeping the plants near the light with a very homogeneous spread of diodes, of course with a very good yielding strain...
I was hitting regularly 1.6 with a strain and now i got 0.8 with another one!!😬

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Orange glue and gorilla skittles in ea. Orange glue big yielder reccomend tha . First time doing gorilla zkittles.
Under sf4000

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Here's one 7 weeks into flower that was vegged for 9 weeks looks like only a 3 oz plant. Branches grew lanky buds are sparse and small.
But to be fair this is my first run under 480 watt QB lights

Judging from the thin blades and overall lankiness I'd say she's probably a little more sativa dominant than you'd like.

What's your grow space size? Looks like you're in a large room with more than 1 light?

login

login

Its a sealed room, plants spaced 48" on center, with co2 burner 2 ton split AC and 200 pints perday quest dehumidifiers.

Everything is automated and set within a 5-10% deadband

Habosabin

Habosabin

Yes it's possible. I use 105w(averaged 118w, used a little more during veg))and my wet weight was 1413 from an auto. Est dry 211g @ 15%.

Last edited:
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

For what it's worth, my last crop, 5 plants in soil in a 4x4 with a long veg stage, yielded 18 ounce (over 500 grams - some of that larfy) from my HLG-600r, which pulls a bit less than 600w from the wall at full power.

I'm nearing harvest now with my first coco grow. Should be interesting to see the weights.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I wonder if a better metric can be used like total kwh or something. With photos my veg watts are different than my flowering watts but DLI I try to match. Some veg for 30 days some ppl veg longer. Flowers can vary by 2 or 3 weeks etc.

My first indoor auto took 102 days and my last one took 76 days. That's a significant electrical difference if just looking at watts per gram in a total sense.

Grams per kwh would seem to make more sense wouldn't it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom