Good producer strains for LED's?

• Thread starter login
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blastfact

Blastfact

What PAR meter would you recommend for LED, was looking at buying one but seem to be only calibrated for sunlight.
I just bought a Apogee MQ-610 ePAR. I have Photone and it does not work worth a flip on my iPhone 13 Pro Max w/diffuser or the wifes Sammy Ultra 21. IPhone reads high and her Sammy low. My Iphone reads 200 PPFD high and her Sammy 200 PPFD low. I can calibrate both phones to the MQ-610 and all is fine until you reboot the phones, then there off again. I bought the pro version which is a shit for brains subscription. I canceled the subscription this morning. I've emailed there support and they said it was my diffuser on the iphone. When I asked them about the wifes Ultra 21 no response,,,, just crickets. And so far I've seen no updates for the app. Checked this morning on both platforms before I canceled the subscriptions. That was money I could have spent on something useful. Nothing beats a real meter.

880 PPFD

Treborkiller

Treborkiller

I just bought a Apogee MQ-610 ePAR. I have Photone and it does not work worth a flip on my iPhone 13 Pro Max w/diffuser or the wifes Sammy Ultra 21. IPhone reads high and her Sammy low. My Iphone reads 200 PPFD high and her Sammy 200 PPFD low. I can calibrate both phones to the MQ-610 and all is fine until you reboot the phones, then there off again. I bought the pro version which is a shit for brains subscription. I canceled the subscription this morning. I've emailed there support and they said it was my diffuser on the iphone. When I asked them about the wifes Ultra 21 no response,,,, just crickets. And so far I've seen no updates for the app. Checked this morning on both platforms before I canceled the subscriptions. That was money I could have spent on something useful. Nothing beats a real meter.
You are right. Id rather see someone put money toward an actual meter and not put money in an app subscription. I just use the free part as a point of reference. Even though I haven't really needed to do much as the light height and dimer recommendations from the manufacturer were pretty spot on. And they had a good calibration walk through on the app that put some ease to my mind.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You are right. Id rather see someone put money toward an actual meter and not put money in an app subscription. I just use the free part as a point of reference. Even though I haven't really needed to do much as the light height and dimer recommendations from the manufacturer were pretty spot on. And they had a good calibration walk through on the app that put some ease to my mind.
I saw the chart a few posts back that shows the ppfd ranges. The one thing about that chart I want to point out is that 1500 ppfd is rather high even with CO2. Most people do very well at about 1200. I'd be worried about intensity burns much higher than that ... even with CO2.

In all honesty, too much emphasis is placed on lighting where the real focus should be on the complete plant environment. If any one thing is out of balance, it shows in your plant health. The brightest lights or the most CO2 enriched environments don't by themselves produce great flower. Healthy plants produce great flower. Our focus should be on producing the healthiest plants possible because only then will it reach its true genetic potential. CO2 isn't necessary to produce great flower. It's fine if someone wants to use it. It will increase plant growth and yield (used correctly), however thc content is genetic and there's nothing we as the grower can do to increase that beyond it's genetic potential.

Back to the original topic. I've grown a couple dozen different strains under LEDs (a few hundred plants total over the course of some years.) They all seem to do well for me. Some are genetically programed to give a higher yield, but even a lower yielding plant kept small (40"-48" from the top of the pot) should give you at least a 1/4 lb per plant.

Top Bottom