Good To Grow

• Thread starter McCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
McCannabis

McCannabis

Looking good!
If those are bagseed, chances are that they are all feminized seed.
Because seeds in bagseed usually come from hermies in a garden.
So you most likely have all females , all with the genetic tendency to herm. Just a heads up.

As far as your high temps. I might be ok now. BUT,in flower those high temps are going to be stressful to your ladies and can cause some serious mold issues in dense buds.

Best of luck.
Peace
So most of bag seed would be feminized, but has a tendency to herm? I tried two bag seeds last run, although they were probably stressed, were both male. What temp should I aim for for flowering?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
So most of bag seed would be feminized, but has a tendency to herm? I tried two bag seeds last run, although they were probably stressed, were both male. What temp should I aim for for flowering?
Yeah not all bagseed come from herms, but it sucks you had 2 boys.
I think 80 is a maximum temp , imo.

McCannabis

McCannabis

Yeah not all bagseed come from herms, but it sucks you had 2 boys.
I think 80 is a maximum temp , imo.
A max temp for flowering? Just a question, if your running hydro how often do you completely change out the water? I have a simple hydro type thing going on, roots are digging it and doesn't seem to by stressing or hurting them, as long as I don't let them sit in bad water too long, right?

McCannabis

McCannabis

At about 3.5 weeks into this, (popped up 1/11/16) these babies are currently popping the fifth node. Was gonna do mainlining, just curious what anyone thinks if now is to early to start?

2thaleft

2thaleft

I have never main lined myself but do know what it is. If I were you, with the space and lights you have I would scrogg. If you do it right light penetration is not needed and I believe you will yield more this way then with mainlining. Just my opinion

McCannabis

McCannabis

With what I have I thought about a mini SOG or something of that nature. I haven't really decided. If you did a scrog or SOG what would be your next move?

2thaleft

2thaleft

Sog still needs good light penetration so scrog would be best bet. Make a frame out if wood or pvc pipe the size of your grow space and thread a net on it with some kind or twine or something like that, you can make one inch squares or slightly bigger. Install it above your plants now and start topping. if you end up with all females you could really start your 12/12 cycle now because they will stretch for about 2 weeks giving you a good canopy. Scroggin is awesome

McCannabis

McCannabis

Well topped these babies Friday, tied them down today, already showing new growth. Decided to top to the fourth, so I have 3rd and 4th nodes tied down. Set up some pics, don't know how much more I'm gonna train. Don't know if the color of the stem is the sign of a problem or genetics?

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

On day 27, plants look fabulous! All four are showing four nodes, once I get a couple more I'm gonna try to main line. My temps are still in the mid 80's but I don't know if it's hurting now them. Seem to be doing fine.
Mainlining... Instant sub! Looking forward to how this will turn out for you because I'm planning on doing this as well with my next grow. I'll just take a seat and watch your show. Wishing you the best of luck you can get! Looks great so far! Happy plants you have! Cheers!

McCannabis

McCannabis

Mainlining... Instant sub! Looking forward to how this will turn out for you because I'm planning on doing this as well with my next grow. I'll just take a seat and watch your show. Wishing you the best of luck you can get! Looks great so far! Happy plants you have! Cheers!
Thanks! I'm pretty stoked about this grow so far! Seem to be going A LOT faster then my last one, but I know it's largely from lighting that they are doing so much better. Also helps that I think I got the watering down better! Yeah, I was going just go to the 3rd and top it there but I know if I let it grow out its gonna cut back on time, and with plants that I'm not even sure are female yet that's a lot of work.

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

For sure!... Maybe that's why I've never picked regular seeds so far. Actually I didn't even know that regulars are performing better, at least that's what I've read just a moment ago. But is this really worth the hastle for a beginner like me who is still learning how to get a decent plant? I won't get the max out of a plant anyways so I was just wondering... May I ask why you've chosen regular seeds over femenized? When browsing through my seedbanks, I actually find a lot more femenized seeds than regulars so I always thought femenized would be the standard...

McCannabis

McCannabis

Well these are just bag seed. So they are just why I've found around. I'm still learning the ropes but it's getting closer with nature in an awesome way. Getting to know what a plant can do, and knowing why it wants and needs. It's so awesome to raise something artificially!

McCannabis

McCannabis

Just a little update, was gone for the weekend, these babies sucked down their water, dried out a little, but after I watered them they perked right back up. Was retying branches and some snapped, tried to salvage one of them. We will see what happens the other three are in good condition still. You can see the one that had a couple mishaps. Not sure if its even worth it to keep growing that one at this point, but I'll give it a couple days.

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

She should be fine again, no worries... Once upon a time I snapped the main stem and headbud from an autoflower that was 4 weeks in veg. Tried to lst it but it just broke. Literally heard it crack. It was about 1 cm thick and I thought all hope was gone. She was back on track 4 days after. I'd give her some time to recover...

McCannabis

McCannabis

She should be fine again, no worries... Once upon a time I snapped the main stem and headbud from an autoflower that was 4 weeks in veg. Tried to lst it but it just broke. Literally heard it crack. It was about 1 cm thick and I thought all hope was gone. She was back on track 4 days after. I'd give her some time to recover...
Damn a cm thick? Wowza! I have a feeling it was because they were thirsty and a little stiff. Seem to be doing better with the morning, and the breaks are already healed. I'm just gone see if I can do something fun with that one, I have a weird urge to just make a master piece out of it. Haha, high ideas, what can I say.

Top Bottom