Gorilla Glue #4 (Joesy Whales cut)

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Never grew from clone before… but couldn’t pass on the GG4 cut. I’ve had it a few times a while back but don’t remember the high. This will be grown in either 3 or 5 gallon fabric in soil with NFTG nutrients in a 3x3 tent.

Gorilla glue 4 joesy whales cut

Gorilla glue 4 joesy whales cut 2

Gorilla glue 4 joesy whales cut 3

I plan to LST with a bend over after I repot it. I also have a seed from a seed from a bag of Sour Power. The first plant was almost identical to the bag it came from so I’m hoping this one is the same too. Along with a couple Humboldt Seed Company genetics (Pistachio and Strawberry Cheesecake). Check out my last two grows…the last grow I had a crazy black and orange pheno that tasted like Neg Champa incense with cloves.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Oh ya! Stick her in the biggest pot you can get in the tent. Transplant asap and let her dry out until she wilts. She will bend easy. Tie her down you can fallow the edge of the pot around. Let her fill in. I'd love to grow a #4. I would cut some old bicycle spokes out of a wheel. Bend a hook on the end and steak the sub branches where you want them at the same time. Then water and watch her grow.

Last edited:
bullfrog13

bullfrog13

I’m not sure what that is but GG#4 is a clone only. Not to say those seeds won’t be great, but they won’t be GG4.
to be honest im not sure either but I literally havent had 1 bad seed from these guys yet. Ive never grown GG before but i hear its good. us poor ozzies dont have access to the breeders and seedbanks other countries do. hopefully that will change soon.
look forwad to seeing what gg4 is like 👍

Dothraki

Dothraki

to be honest im not sure either but I literally havent had 1 bad seed from these guys yet. Ive never grown GG before but i hear its good. us poor ozzies dont have access to the breeders and seedbanks other countries do. hopefully that will change soon.
Yeah tell me about it… used to be you had to know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy to find a good cut. Now you can just go buy one lol. I usually grow Humboldt Seed Company seeds and have a couple going right now too. I’ve had all awesome stuff from seed. Now a days most seeds are fire if it’s a decent breeder.

Favorite stuff I’ve grown so far was a bag seed of Sour Power bud. If you find seeds in some fire make sure to keep them!

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

Yeah tell me about it… used to be you had to know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy to find a good cut. Now you can just go buy one lol. I usually grow Humboldt Seed Company seeds and have a couple going right now too. I’ve had all awesome stuff from seed. Now a days most seeds are fire if it’s a decent breeder.

Favorite stuff I’ve grown so far was a bag seed of Sour Power bud. If you find seeds in some fire make sure to keep them!
Yean I got a guy 😎 theres a place to get a small selection of so far so good seeds but apart from that a mate of mine that lives out in the rural parts, he keeps a bout 5 or 6 strains going so if i need a cut its no problem. Thats how I started on his clones but I am liking the seed thing too because I can try new strains. I got a cannatonic going at the moment coz I never tried cbd before. the strains ive done so far are all high in the thc department and im looking for something I like for myself. something that doesnt melt my brain

Dothraki

Dothraki

Yean I got a guy 😎 theres a place to get a small selection of so far so good seeds but apart from that a mate of mine that lives out in the rural parts, he keeps a bout 5 or 6 strains going so if i need a cut its no problem. Thats how I started on his clones but I am liking the seed thing too because I can try new strains. I got a cannatonic going at the moment coz I never tried cbd before. the strains ive done so far are all high in the thc department and im looking for something I like for myself. something that doesnt melt my brain
We in the same mindset my dude. Most people will grow a 10 pack, find that one favorite plant, then clone it and keep it going. I like to grow 1 or 2 seeds from a 10 pack along with 3 other different strains. Then when I decide to grow that strain again I hope for a different plant than I grew the first time. Variety is where it’s at. Of course, a special clone if I can get one, but I’m not even cloning this because I don’t want to be smoking GG4 forever. Usually after a couple ounces I’m ready for a new rotation. Plus they stack…I’ve only had 2 grows in a little tent and right now I have 6 different strains to cycle through…although I smoked the crap out of the sour power haha I loooved that stuff. Now the bag-seed of the bag-seed is growing too, will stick it with the GG4 when it’s ready.

I haven’t had cannatonic but I did have Spectrum 12 and some other super high CBD strain. They were awesome. Wasn’t like a high but more like a nice feeling of chill without being high.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
the back story on Gorilla Glue , Gorilla Glue 4 is confusing to say the least. My seeds were sold (ILGM) as Gorilla Glue, couple months later they were advertised as Gorilla Glue 4.

Be that as it may, I had one pheno of my Gorilla Glue seeds (GG6) that I kept and have ran several times. She is my go to smoke, presses better than most any other and the high well she is in my living library.

IMG 0861

jj

Dothraki

Dothraki

the back story on Gorilla Glue , Gorilla Glue 4 is confusing to say the least. My seeds were sold (ILGM) as Gorilla Glue, couple months later they were advertised as Gorilla Glue 4.

Be that as it may, I had one pheno of my Gorilla Glue seeds (GG6) that I kept and have ran several times. She is my go to smoke, presses better than most any other and the high well she is in my living library.

View attachment 2025274

jj
The story goes there’s this dude Joesy Whales who got some seeds from a buddy and one of them was a banger so he called it Gorilla Glue #4 (#4 being the pheno #) and hooked some folks up with clones. The plant won 1st place in a cannabis cup and bunch of other cannabis cup type things. Ended up as one of the most revered strains and amongst the most popular well known strains in the world. That’s why everyone steals the name and puts GG4 on seed packs, which are not going to grow the same plant. I’ve smoked cup winning strains, but never grew a clone of one. This will be fun!

Dothraki

Dothraki

Dialing everything in, pruning, then off to the races after that. Started on a nitrogen based feeding regiment and is now (in new home) on a calcium based nutrient line NFTG. Seemed hesitant of the change for the first week but is now rockin n rollin! Just gave a nice feed and should be on the up & up from here on out.

Starting to smell up the room a bit.

4AB02904 C83A 4F14 AF0D 745E50F25809

GG#4

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

Dialing everything in, pruning, then off to the races after that. Started on a nitrogen based feeding regiment and is now (in new home) on a calcium based nutrient line NFTG. Seemed hesitant of the change for the first week but is now rockin n rollin! Just gave a nice feed and should be on the up & up from here on out.

Starting to smell up the room a bit.

View attachment 2031073
GG#4
shes gagging for a magging

Dothraki

Dothraki

shes gagging for a magging
Soil PH… just hungry overall until PH gets down within range. My water is high alkalinity tested at 8.6 PH from the faucet. Makes things a bit more difficult with this line but worth it in the end for sure.

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

dam that is high . think mine was just under 8 last time i checked it. super high ec too that’s why i got a rain water tank might even get another one on the other side of the house i usually end up using the ro filter toward the end of summer if i don’t get a couple of summer storms

Dothraki

Dothraki

dam that is high . think mine was just under 8 last time i checked it. super high ec too that’s why i got a rain water tank might even get another one on the other side of the house i usually end up using the ro filter toward the end of summer if i don’t get a couple of summer storms
I might have to look into that…a rain water tank. 👍good idea!

Dothraki

Dothraki

Getting things under control…or at least juggling the act.

Getting hints of chocolate when I open the tent. Hoping to pull out those coffee/chocolate/gas flavors.

3 weeks from flip
57D7CE72 E3E8 4550 88C9 20AD7F250F65

10A446ED 8837 4135 BE50 FA90F7E325D9

Dothraki

Dothraki

I always avoided GG4…or at least never sought it out because everyone talked like “heavy indica that’ll GLUE you to the couch”. I Had absolutely no idea that it was a diesel strain. The Diesel fuel, skunk, cat piss etc. are all my favorite terp profiles. It’s what we used to smoke back in the day from the guys who had the good shit. If I knew that this strain was essentially a mix of chem offshoots I would’ve been all over it. Then saw it had Chocolate Thai in the gene pool too. Stoked!

Starting to get a nice chocolatey smell during week 4-5. I’ve heard it goes away and to get it back you can harvest around 70+ days. Ran into some battles this grow, but the buds are forming real nice and gooey.

Starting to smell chocolatey but when I touch a sugar leaf it’s straight up pine tree sap and diesel fuel with a little hint of motor oil and vetiver.

GG#4 Day 32 from flip.
6A20E8E7 2867 4193 9963 C6E2A3C661F6

C0D84F63 15E3 405C B23F 14437F05B9C9

75A62382 5628 425B 8F1A 5C9A1D7177A9

79E34651 D60D 40A4 8FE2 1E547E77B887

881AA548 3CAB 46FB 87DF BD6A53E34986

A73CADE9 5029 4E6D AE6D D5D5FE90E8E0

279029BC 45D3 4B5F BC24 A3509C4DAE01

this last one reminds me of a crazy amazon rainforest

Top Bottom