GRAFTING------Quest for SUPPER MOM

• Thread starter frostedlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Str8Dank

Str8Dank

VelvetElvis i think you are not seeing the full potential of this concept for some growers. there are many legal states that have plant count limitations and this would be a excellent way to optimize your plant count meaning more plants in flower which will help his yields more then squeezing a few more tenths out of his gpw from some room redesign. not sure if he is legal with a limit but i am. also the only way a redesign should produce more bud is with investing in new equipment because hopefully his room was setup right. this is a Free optimization.

S

supasticky

VelvetElvis. By having one plant that has had 6 seperate plants grafted to it you can veg the one plant back to health, top the branches a few times and then cut clones from the mom. Saves a lot of space. I don't think it's plant #'s as much as it it space in his situation. I think that if he has the time, why not? We will all be jealous of his frankenstein moms when he's got that shit down and when he decides to flower one of them he is going to have a crazy grow journal lol! I understand what you're saying, but I don't think this method is too hard for anyone with the time to take care of the plant and the knowledge to keep it healthy.

-Supa

F

frostedlove

TOday the grafts look strong!

I made crosses out of bamboo shiskabob sticks that I soaked in water for extra water content. this opened up the bag more that way no leaf( dropy or not will ever touch the bag surrounding it. Sometimes i would find limy resting on the bag and I knew that was not got. So today after rebuild they have seemed to stay strong all day and night.

Will upload pics tomorrow.

see how it goes...but hell they ant dead yet.......5 days and counting...........:icon_stick man: which way will she gooooo........lol

TortureKill

TortureKill

This is good stuff Frosted. Dont listen to the doubters. Its very possible for a person to perfect grafting. Just like when you learned to clone, practice makes perfect..
I think elvis and whoever else is looking at it in a commercial matter, and think u are trying to produce more weight per run.. Topic is obviously way out of your league. Anyone that likes to grow and keep multiple strains sees the apparent benefit of perfecting the grafting technique.

Ive given it a halfassed attempt, but quickly gave up after my cut died. Glad to see u arent giving up. Keep plugging away man, U will get it. My interest in grafting has been rejuvenated.. I will def be watching for updates.

F

frostedlove

day 6

We are still alive going into day 6, the leaves show a little yellowing on older growth but new looks green and healthy. Going to give them a little B1 and this new samples I got from Canada. They are staying perky so that is a good sign all in all.
cross_graft2.jpg
cross_graft1.jpg
cross_graft3.jpg
cross_graft4.jpg
cross_graft6.jpg

TortureKill

TortureKill

haha ok elvis, I disagree.. Obviously ppl have grafted successfully in the past, so what makes u think its no a viable option? U are obviously in experienced, and ive seen nothing positive come from you. If u are so against grafting, and u see nothing good coming from it, why do u keep coming back here? Move on if u have nothing to contribute.

Noone said grafting was easy. If FL isnt successful with this attempt, it doesnt mean its not possible, or a good technique. Im certain he will continue this tech, until he gets it down. I admire your determination FL. Keep at it brother. I keep more than 20 mothers in the stable, and dedicate a lot of space and time to keeping my girls happy and healthy for breeding projects. I would love to try this technique in my own garden to minimize space and maintenance..
TK

F

frostedlove

oh yes I am the ONE with the idea....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGhWLaTopL4[/YOUTUBE]

LOL......I am just trning what I saw on youtube JUST like everyone else in the world.......

NOT an OG ganster just a follower.........LOL

L

lil miss lone

Its Awesome that you are trying this FL, I've heard about it also, but never tried it. I'm curious to see the outcome too =)

L

lil miss lone

Also just wanted to add that you can Ignore certain members posts, if you so choose, and youd never even have to read them. Just go to user control panel, edit ignore options and choose their name.

Good luck with your neat project!

S

supasticky

ME inexperienced? ha

grafting is possible, ive done it alot like in 1998.

nothing positive? i gave the man props just tryin to save him from being disappointed. that is all.

it is just a weed people. cloning and growing has been goin on for decades, centuries. if grafting was viable option that wasnt subject to being unreliable and inconsistent too time consuming all med growers would already be doing it.

i offered my two cents and you guys just have to keep stoking my fire. I am not wasting my time arguing with novice growers anymore. I offered my two cents an now well see. Ill be the first to congratulate and admit i was wrong, but if it was possible in vegas I would bet a million on you guys wont be grafting a year from now.

thats all ive been saying . I tried it was successful as a hobby but it cant keep up with a medical grow. too much time and unreliable. however this is how you gain background knowledge of the inner workings and gain full perspective! by using your peanut and attempting things. rock on frosted love, cant wait to see your next experiment

peace out

I don't understand. You are acting as though he has to graft all the time? He only has to do it once for each plant if he does it well. You arent trying to stop him from being disappointed, you're trying to hate.

-Supa

TortureKill

TortureKill

I think elvis is missing the entire concept. He obviously has never housed multiple strains, or bred this plant. Im ignoring this clown from here on out, his ignorance is ridiculous really..

M

MSL Foundation

Great project Frosted, good luck...

Grafting is awesome!

Don't worry there will be no more negativity in this thread.

Take care,

MSL

F

frostedlove

I dont know????

wow this has gone way too far............damn
I do not even understand???

I never really responded, I just keep going with what I was doing, same as I will now ----:passingjoint:but I dont know. Its all kinda werid how this turned into what it has. DAMN did not know grafting would stir up the dirt.

MY BAD

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol - you know what Kat Williams says about haters...

keep having fun bro and keep being you

I think some vita grow anti wilt would work really well for what your doing, then you could axe the plastic bags

I have seen many moms that have grafted on cuts, especially with people who are concerned with numbers

maybe its a bit of a novelty but it keeps the hobby fresh and fun

I have apple and pear trees that each have 6 types of fruit on them

F

frostedlove

Lets ride

lol - you know what Kat Williams says about haters...

keep having fun bro and keep being you

I think some vita grow anti wilt would work really well for what your doing, then you could axe the plastic bags

I have seen many moms that have grafted on cuts, especially with people who are concerned with numbers

maybe its a bit of a novelty but it keeps the hobby fresh and fun

I have apple and pear trees that each have 6 types of fruit on them

Thanks for the idea on the vita grow stuff
I read a little on it and yea I think would help a ton
will get some tomorrow.

Just to set the record straight-----yes plant limits is cool and such and such. I live in a magical 99 plant limit area so its not for plant limit....

ITS just to do for fun...... WHY NOT. I got the time----so why not.

Thanks again for all the support and encouragement in this process.

SO...... F___K it !!!!!roll one up and lets ride!:joint:

(even though I do not condone smoking and driving)
it sounded better then roll one up and lets sit here...LOL.

MUCH LOVE TO ALL THE FARMERS OUT THERE BIG OR SMALL---------THE FUTURE IS GREEN!

F

frostedlove

First one not so well

Well First EXPERIMENT is a failure. The clones died today after I forgot to open the bag to fresh air. I dont think they were going to take..... the tissue did not look the best. It was brown and that is not a good color.

I did pretty good-keep them all alive over a week... Pretty good for first try.

So Round Two!
here we go:banana1sv6:

U

Underground

I haven't started growing yet, I am still in the getting ready phase and this has got me interested.
Have you noticed a difference on where your cuttings were taken from the donor plant?

Or where they were grafted to on the mother?

Responses to different light sources and intensities?

Do different diets promote grafting? ie: If the cutting was from a plant with low N diet, and the frankenmama has a diet high in N would this promote vascular transfer? And also if the cutting had high levels of a mobile nutrient that frankenmama was deprived of prior to grafting to promote transfer both ways?

Would it be beneficial to put in a tent with one of those air purifying humidifiers?

Sorry for all the questions. I want to learn as much as possible before jumping in.

69aarviper

69aarviper

Ive read a little on this subject. It sounds very cool. Great post .:anim_19:

Top Bottom