Granddaddypurp New Rdwc Yaa!!!

• Thread starter LuccaDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Aight guys, having an annoyi g deficiency I hope to get rid off with cal mag but please tell me what it is exactly if you know, thanks all!

20170306 213546
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Looks like low PH acidic burn to me!
Orcaman you might be onto something kus everything else is perfectly in check. This is the pH adjuster I been using. I just add lile a teaspoon at a time straight to rez, but the back of bottle says to dillute 10 drops with 1 cup water per application....think thats it?

20170307 181127
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

do you not check the ph with a pen or liquid drop test?
Ofcourse everyday but im just now findingnout this solution actually builds up acidity just by being a concetrated phosphoric acid or whatever....tryna figure out how to nuetralize this...

Vggir

Vggir

Ofcourse everyday but im just now findingnout this solution actually builds up acidity just by being a concetrated phosphoric acid or whatever....tryna figure out how to nuetralize this...
I'm not a water grower but he's right about acidic burn....have you calibrated your pH pen lately? Also try diluting it like the bottle says, might help...I'm not a hydro grower though, so I'm just jumping in here...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Orcaman you might be onto something kus everything else is perfectly in check. This is the pH adjuster I been using. I just add lile a teaspoon at a time straight to rez, but the back of bottle says to dillute 10 drops with 1 cup water per application....think thats it?
You only need to add a few drops of that at a time and stir and check ph, adding a teaspoon straight to rez is Ph shocking your plants most likely. Check the link in my sig for a super high def deficiency chart.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

I used a powder pH adjuster but it only lasted for like 6 to 10 hours at a time. This stuff lasts for a day or so making it much more convenient.....is there anything you guys can tell me about a better pH down product??? Thanks for all your feedback

fatawa

fatawa

Ive never heard of powder lasting a few hrs.i use granulated kind for pools.ill shoot a pic of bottle soon.mine stays right like normal.in my flower rm i use big pumps(300gal,rezi only holds 4gal ea cause roots get so big) n mine usualy stays dialed in for a day or 2.also need to take the airstone out wen checking it throws my ph meter off

fatawa

fatawa

Docs right tho.should just need a few drops.wen i use to use liquid it was 7drops per gal for me,and my city water startd at 7.2 if i remeber right.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Phosphoric acid is the most common method to lower PH. Another way to naturally lower PH is White Vinagar. It works very well. If your constantly having to lower your PH I would alternate using the two to help prevent acid build up in your system. So what are your PH numbers and what are you testing with?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Phosphoric acid is the most common method to lower PH. Another way to naturally lower PH is White Vinagar. It works very well. If your constantly having to lower your PH I would alternate using the two to help prevent acid build up in your system. So what are your PH numbers and what are you testing with?
@Seamaiden said something about vinegar and Ph but I think it was more along the lines that you needed way to much and th Ph changed/was unstable when using vinegar. I know lemon juice can be used in a pinch because Ive done it.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Using a pen an to double check I use test tube with pH droplets to judge by color. Now the acid pH down has bee. Great but now it might be burning my plant especially the way I have been using it every other day. Is there a way to neutralize it? Might just have to go back adjusting pH frequently. See Im using fox farm an they have micro nutes that when they are consumed itll tip the ph up as mus as 2 points an its nerve racking as hell

Orcaman

Orcaman

@Seamaiden said something about vinegar and Ph but I think it was more along the lines that you needed way to much and th Ph changed/was unstable when using vinegar. I know lemon juice can be used in a pinch because Ive done it.
Here is an example of how little vinegar in needed to lower PH. With a gallon of tap water with a PH reading of 7.1 I just added one teaspoon of vinegar to it and it dropped the PH down to 5.3. And even phosphoric acid is not stable!
LuccaDaddy, Are you periodically flushing your system? If not could be part of your problem.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Here is an example of how little vinegar in needed to lower PH. With a gallon of tap water with a PH reading of 7.1 I just added one teaspoon of vinegar to it and it dropped the PH down to 5.3. And even phosphoric acid is not stable!
LuccaDaddy, Are you periodically flushing your system? If not could be part of your problem.
Was doing 2 week flushes but night need to take that up to once a week. Hey are there any side effects using vinegar? Im using organics will vinegar hurt anything?

Orcaman

Orcaman

Was doing 2 week flushes but night need to take that up to once a week. Hey are there any side effects using vinegar? Im using organics will vinegar hurt anything?
They do make organic vinegar. Plus what PH level are you trying to maintain? But I think your having the same problems all over again!

I went back to your first attempt thread and found that you were having the same issues back then from this image. Don't take this wrong but I think all of your issues are coming from using crappy Foxfarms products. Just my opinion!
20160511_213316-1-jpg.599210

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Fox farm is really difficult, but they are lots or organics. I just dodnt wanna do to synthetics for moral reasons but in slowly leaning on changing. An nah bro that pic was an entire diffrent setup and on accident I was using soil nutes not hydro nutes. Once I got everythi g straightened out it went well. Got over 8oz an I had every problem one can have. Keep your eye on my thread, next few weeks will see improvement hopefully

Latest posts

Top Bottom