GrandDaddyPurple = This is my Journey with GDP

• Thread starter SmokeMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmokeMan

~GrandDaddyPurple ~ This is my Journey with GDP

I thought I would open a new thread and dedicate it to my new clone GDP. This strain was gifted to me with some cured sample buds and WOW I must say this is some tasty herb! Very berryish with a grape koolaid kind of smell. I loved it! Potentcy was top notch too. Chocker smoke with a couchlock high. I got stuck on this herb, No joke! My homie that I got it from did a dam good job with it, I cant wait to finish these girls. I also cannot wait to see some purple buds. Im also growing some magic merlin & black rose . So im hoping to have some nice purple girls to show and compare.

If anyone wants to share some info or pics on GDP please feel free .

I have had this cut in pic since feb 3rd. Thats when it landed. I just looked at notes.. Now this is how one of them looked on 3-11

Believe it or not.. All Coco is amazing! This is a 18 gallon tub tho . No fuss at all in coco. Super healthy.

I will be taking new pics today so when I get back I will upload/edit and expect to see some better pics. The resin is starting to pack it on , I see alot of dense flowers coming... :happy

Granddaddypurple  this is my journey with gdp
Granddaddypurple  this is my journey with gdp 2
Granddaddypurple  this is my journey with gdp 3
BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

That definetly looks like GDP to me.
I will enjoy watching this one.
My GDP cut seems to yeild best with only 4 top's.
Unless done sog then they can yeild even better.

S

SmokeMan

I just got word that this cut could be Pre98Bubba, Funny thing is I already have the pre98 cut and I planted a cut of it at the same time that I planted these possible GDP clones , I planted both into tubs. But my bubba was vegged 3 weeks longer. Now I dont want to say just yet but I will say they look alot alike. I will post pics of the two plants . These are older pics but they were both taken the same day.

Now I know the future will tell us which is which but I must say they both look and smell very very similar . IMO at this moment in time I think they are Bubba not GDP. So I am very curious to see... If it isnt the GDP I am going to be a little disapointed. I really wanted to grow GDP bad. Ive been after some real deal dank purp for so long. I have yet to achieve that goal. Ive grown bcbd purps but it was not potent enough for me. Its a pheno hunt for sure. So im hoping these BlackRose I got growing will do the trick. I just put one in flower and she is looking great!

1st 5 is my Pre98BubbaK
Last 5 pics are suppsed to be GDP

Can someone confirm or deny that this is gdp in the last 5 pics?

lollipopman

lollipopman

lookin good bro. i should get my black rose and some purplekush x black rose monday or tuesday.. cant wait..are you going to do a grow diary on your black rose?

S

SmokeMan

lookin good bro. i should get my black rose and some purplekush x black rose monday or tuesday.. cant wait..are you going to do a grow diary on your black rose?

Yes, I actually already made one on the cannaisland. I will make one here too soon for us all to see here. I got a confirmed female with purple stems all the way up, She is looking very good. Im gonna plant her in a big tub as well.

E

edux10

that is funny, i just did the same thing. either me or my girl labeled 3 clones bubba and one is actually gdp. we are trying to sort it out now buy putting the mothers into flower. by the looks of your pics i would say you have gdp. the long slinder leaves look like the gdp. i have been growing it for a year now but the mixup was very recent. hopefully i get my gdp back!!!

S

SmokeMan

that is funny, i just did the same thing. either me or my girl labeled 3 clones bubba and one is actually gdp. we are trying to sort it out now buy putting the mothers into flower. by the looks of your pics i would say you have gdp. the long slinder leaves look like the gdp. i have been growing it for a year now but the mixup was very recent. hopefully i get my gdp back!!!

Whats up Edux, Man this is some crazy shit, I cant believe it, so are you sayng they look alot alike to you too? Because if you cant see the difference they must look alot alike. Right now mine are flowering and got a little resin so Im kind of waiting for the buds to swell a tad then I can really tell whats going on. Like I said at the moment tho they look almost exactly alike.

Now I really cannot wait to see what is what.. Only time will tell.:420:

E

edux10

yeah they do look a lot a like, both indica dom. the gdp has kinda longer blades i guess. When i look at them the gdp seems to have kind of a middle finger blade as where the kush, all the blades are the same like a big stread out paw. Idk if i have the pre 98 bubba, but my bubba seems to be more branchy but the branches arnt as long as the gdp, gdp has branches that stick out pretty far. all i know is that everytime i flower the gdp is gets really purple so i am hoping that will be an easy way to tell.

see when i see this leaf in the upper left corner i think gdp.

73824d1269118715t-granddaddypurple-my-journey-gdp-0025.jpg

S

SmokeMan

This is how the possible GDP looks... Can anyone say for sure this is GDP? It is starting to look a lil different to me?...Purpleberry what do you think? I know you got GDP.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

That looks like GDP to me.
It is hard to tell from pics. Whats the smell like?

S

SmokeMan

All I can say is beautiful!!
Thanks Sticky,

That looks like GDP to me.
It is hard to tell from pics. Whats the smell like?
Man I hope your right boss, I sware she smells alot like my pre98bubbak. Alot. And they do look alot alike. But my bubba is growing better than these gdps. They are the same asg and eating the same food. For some reason the poss gdp is getting these yellowing going on in the fan leafs. Im flushin in the morning . Hopefully I can get them under control and lose too much yield. I must say the flowers are not that impressive at the moment . But I still see a good 3-4 zip harvest. Not bad for a first run in a tub. But still too early to say. I just hope this is GDP. My boy had cuts mixed up so who knows. It could be a similar version of pre98 bubba. I know he got his from someone other than the person I got my pre98 bubba from. ...Time will tell... Here is some pics to see whats poppin.. Can anyone tell me what Exactly is causing the discoloration in the leafs???

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Hey bro,
That looks like either iron or magnesium. They are a bit close in appearence.
Iron would start on new leafs but being in flower there is not much new leaf's.
IMO I would supp a little of both. Some diluted rust water will get the iron add a little epsom salt and you get the magnesium.

S

SmokeMan

They are re-covering after a good flush. Also now the buds are turning purple. This is definetly GDP!!! :)

I will be back soon with pics.

4EVERGREEN

smoke my friend so shes startn 2 turn purple now??? POST THE PICS!!!!!! i want 2 see!!! im a lil sick i got all my cuts mixxed up!! im just real glad you ended up with the gdp and not the pre 98, the purpling should start with the top leafs and work its way down, almost every leaf will turn purple 2 black if you drop the temps when the lights are off, i use 2 ac's 1 with lights on and 1 that turns on for 5 hours when the lights turn off

S

SmokeMan

to be honest I havnt taken any new pics yet just been busy with life and my new website. I wanted to tell ya'll I wasnt sure if both of the cuts are gdp. One is solid green and looks alot like my Bubba. The one pictured above is the one that is showing some purple but only on the tops. Also it looks alot like bubba. It doesnt look anything like the gdp ppics Ive seen. The purpling one is foxtailing like crazy. Again it doesnt look anything like the gdp pics ive seen? I still got my fingers crossed it is... if it isnt im going to be real dissapointed. But only because I wanted gdp not more bubba. Well at least if its bubba I will have alot of kush.

S

SmokeMan

oh for sure gdp. nice one man!

Y do u say that? Does it look exact? Because I am thinking not? If it is gdp then thats means bubba and gdp look alot alike in flower ? Im on week 6-7 ..

Top Bottom