Grandmommy purple new grow journal

• Thread starter RudeA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RudeA

RudeA

Whats your guess on the yellow tips.....a bit to strong on my nutrients....Light to strong or something else

20230404 172513
steamroller

steamroller

I want to say light.
All the other pics so far the blades look wider.
Last pic the leaves look narrow to me?
Could be the picture resolution but the big fan middle bottom looks like MG def.
You're doing great so far! 👍

RudeA

RudeA

I want to say light.
Could be the picture resolution but the big fan middle bottom looks like MG def.
Thanks Steamroller, I was thinking light also. My light is at its max height right now, now all I can do is turn the light down to maybe 75%. Any idea what my LUX should be, I can measure it but im not sure what a good number is.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I’d say light too. Slimy and almost praying.

Try 75% for a day or two and watch the tips and leaf reactions.

9F27F43C 4F9E 4909 955B 38A472077FC8

Have yet to find one great chart but this is as good as most.

RudeA

RudeA

View attachment 1348476

Thanks for that information. Its a fine line between getting the max amount light and over doing it. I can tell right now 75% on my light wont give me the LUX nimbers recommended. I backed my light down to 75% so we'll see how the tips react to reduced power. Im also going to reduce my nutes a little if the light intensity adjustment doesn't work.

View attachment 1348476

Thanks A bunch,that was helpful
. Im having issues getting the LUX numbers stated for the flowering stage.
To get a LUX reading above the minimum of 45.000, I have to go 100% on my light. Problem is im limited on height. There's always something to work on in this hobby, that's for sure.
Have a happy Easter!

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Thanks for that information. Its a fine line between getting the max amount light and over doing it. I can tell right now 75% on my light wont give me the LUX nimbers recommended. I backed my light down to 75% so we'll see how the tips react to reduced power. Im also going to reduce my nutes a little if the light intensity adjustment doesn't work.

Thanks A bunch,that was helpful
. Im having issues getting the LUX numbers stated for the flowering stage.
To get a LUX reading above the minimum of 45.000, I have to go 100% on my light. Problem is im limited on height. There's always something to work on in this hobby, that's for sure.
Have a happy Easter!
I think @RootsRuler has a chart you can use for LUX. I can’t upload it as saved images extensions are changed and THCF won’t accept it. 🤦

RudeA

RudeA

I want to say light.
What does narrow leaves indicate?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Im a little late starting this grow journal and actually im four weeks in already on this grow.
I sourced my seeds from Herbies seeds.
Im growing in a 5x5 tent useing 5 gallon cloth bags (I started the seeds in 1 gallon plastic pots) and transplanted into 5 gallon bags at four weeks.
Im using coco as my soil and Im useing Floramax nutes A B and Organabud in a ten gallon reservoir.
My light is a Nextlight Megapro 650watt. It worked great on my last grow, this is the second grow on the light.
I use a Vivosun 6" exhaust fan with carbon filter and a AC Ifinity 6" intake fan. I also have three fans in the tent to move air.
Currenty my target PH is 6.0. My nute count is 800 going in and 1200 coming out. Being fairly new to the coco grow im uncertin if these numbers are where they should be my runoff seems high to me.
Im running a humidifier trying to keep RH around 70%. Tent temps run from 80 during light on and 72 on lights off. Living in the midwest I have to use a humidifier in the winter and a dehumidifier in the summer. Im not sure what else i need to document, please tell me if theres more onfo needed.
I added pictures of seedling and then current picture going into week five. Any questions or advice I will surley embrace. Thanks in advance
Welcome to the farm! Looks like you’re off to a good start!

RudeA

RudeA

What does narrow leaves indicate?
Ive got the ladies in the 4th week of flower. Things are going well but I noticed this morning some of the hairs are starting to turn orange. This seems early ro me, but maybe its just the strain, anyone have an idea if this is normal or am I doing something to cause it.

20230411 085256
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Ive got the ladies in the 4th week of flower. Things are going well but I noticed this morning some of the hairs are starting to turn orange. This seems early ro me, but maybe its just the strain, anyone have an idea if this is normal or am I doing something to cause it.
For me I start to worry my lights to close or bright. But then I BBQed my tops last time.

I’m sure yours will be fine. 😝

RudeA

RudeA

For me I start to worry my lights to close or bright. But then I BBQed my tops last time.

I’m sure yours will be fine. 😝
I did the exact same thing last time Zen. I cooked the tops because i ran out of headroom. Im currently at my max height so my only option is to reduce power this time.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Cool. Well, you know what I mean. 😝

If it happens to me again I’ll either use a clip to bend it or tuck it. BBQ cost a lot of weight.

But yes, if they turn orange fast again first I’ll check the LUX and go from there.

Hope you’re able to walk the line. Watch out for heat stress too. It’s not as obvious as the light stress.

🤞🍀

RudeA

RudeA

Cool. Well, you know what I mean. 😝

If it happens to me again I’ll either use a clip to bend it or tuck it. BBQ cost a lot of weight.

But yes, if they turn orange fast again first I’ll check the LUX and go from there.

Hope you’re able to walk the line. Watch out for heat stress too. It’s not as obvious as the light stress.

🤞🍀
Thanks Zen. I reduced the power and we'll see. Funny thing is its only on one plant,[

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Thanks Zen. I reduced the power and we'll see. Funny thing is its only on one plant,[
I hear that. When I split the clones the Twins did fine but the Solo went all strange. I can only guess why and keep going.

Sadly I suck at diagnosis if I haven’t experienced it.

Thankfully the real LUX meter helps with light issues now.

L8r

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I hear that. When I split the clones the Twins did fine but the Solo went all strange. I can only guess why and keep going.

Sadly I suck at diagnosis if I haven’t experienced it.

Thankfully the real LUX meter helps with light issues now.

L8r
Looks like I over watered Solo even though all three got the same?🤷‍♂️

Going to have to leave her alone for 7 days. Now that’s going to be hard. I hope you have better patients thin I do.

Observationist

Observationist

But remember you have no perlite so until plants are well established you do run the risk of overwatering… indoor coco doesn’t need any bigger than 3 gal pots and anything over 1 gal I recommend perlite
Anything more is overkill, unless you want to veg for awhile.

Top Bottom