gravity

• Thread starter stickyickyicky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stickyickyicky

6 weeks in my friend says gravity is the bomb for size and nugyness what are your feelings?

L

Lost

It works but is very strong. You need to change nutes to 1/2 stregnth add 1/2 the reccommended gravity and bring both up as it allows you. Gravity burns the #$%^5 outta stuff if you add it str8 to the res.

L

Lost

Stop posting the same question in more than one place :)

S

stickyickyicky

sorry just learnen the program.will cut the nutes in half heavy on kool bloom and as heavy as i can with the gravity.how many times should i use and how long?

E

ent

It works but is very strong. You need to change nutes to 1/2 stregnth add 1/2 the reccommended gravity and bring both up as it allows you. Gravity burns the #$%^5 outta stuff if you add it str8 to the res.

x2 on this!

and it's almost not even worth the risk. you'll find out who is a nute whore and who can't take the nutes real quick with gravity and/or purplemaxx (or w/e the fuck they call it these days) and/or bushmasters. definitively test this on a small portion of the grow first.

you might taste a little bit of it too, imo at least.

M

Mz.YAyAzFiRe

no...stop! cut back on the kool bloom too! you will urn your plants! hope you got this in time!

M

Mz.YAyAzFiRe

Im new to this site!!

So, I dont really know where my posts are going...cyber space I guess? Anyhow. Cut back on the kool bloom too, you will mos def burn your babies with the gravity. in my post yesterday, that i dont see i also said that gravity is a but hardner. it is supposed to give you more dense buds. try snow storm in conjunction with the gravity to achieve the sticky icky. hope you got this in time?

S

stickyickyicky

Got it already watered nutes and koolbloome about 600ppm before adding gravity hope im ok seems good so far been two days

H

HIGHLIFE420

how long and when in cycle should u started useing gravity and im in my last 3 weeks should i start using it

L

Lost

Im a hydro and coco guy but after week 4 or 5 is good. just be very careful and you may get some leaf rust, don't freak out :)

Z

zoeronerer

also raise your lights playas ..... proximity to the light causes massive burn ..

and lost is correct use it low strength..... i even cut my nutes to 35% of normal ppm i only use it for a week ...... i use it later in flower like week 6 or 7 really depends on strain .... i have added alot of weight with it but unless your an expert and are ready to dabble just keep the training wheels on the bike for a while...

i use like 30 products ... but i know when and how to use them .... stick to a basic regiment before you cause a problem that cannot be fixed or diagnosed ...

good luck...

burple max sucks ///////

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I've gotten what looked like rust after I used the gravity. It was actually a sudden calcium depletion that showed up in 2 days. Use it with a little extra cal-mag. I run it after you can really see calyx development and the crystals are just starting to show up, about 4-5 weeks before your plants are finished. I usually quote times from the end of the cycle as I grow sativas and indicas. week 4 with a 14 week sativa is WAY different from week 4 on an 8 week indica. I use it once 4 weeks untill the end and then again at 2 weeks from the end. I think the purple maxx is great, I have seen a noticable increase in trichrome development from using that stuff. It does nothing for purpling.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I dunno if it was the gravity or what, but 3 out of my 8 strains popped some male flowers on the very bottom nuggets at the back end of the buds. This isn't a typical place to find a hermie if it's a light leak, shock, genetic, ect. I think I put the gravity in a little too early this time and I might have used a little too much per plant. I used about 4.5ml per plant, plants being in 7 gallon pots that usually get about a gallon and a half of water per feeding (every 2-3 days) and I think it was too much. I added it in at week 4. My plants look like they are going to finish early this round and i've got a bunch of seeded up plants now. Be careful using this stuff, I'm pretty sure I just fucked my crop by overdoing it and adding it too early. Definitely do a test run, it will save you thousands :sad0047:. this was my first run in a few years. I remember using 0.25-.5ml per gallon in a hydro system, and I usually jack the number up for dirt (X4). I dunno what I was thinking, I think it was late at night when I added it. It was way too much. I also remember adding it 3-4 weeks from harvest, not 4 weeks into the cycle. Wait untill week 5 or later. Probably use 1-2ml per gallon for dirt fert if you alternate fert and water like I do. I typically do alot better at hydro grows than dirt, probably because I push my dirt too hard. Hindsight is 20/20, I start remebering all this AFTER I screw it up.

I would say they are going to finish about 1-2 weeks early. I did get some weird yellow spots on the leaves and some burn on top of the calcium deficiency. The stronger, more established genetics came through, but 50% of my F2's and crosses hermied, burned, and are finishing early.

Well, here's some advice at my expense... se la vie.

EDIT: I' pretty sure it contains Gibberellic Acid and high ammounts of phosphorous. Here is an excerpt from "The Cannabis Breeders Bible" on the topic of Gibberellic Acid.

"As you work with a particular strain you willbe able to deduce how much your concerntration levels should be mixed at to get the desired results. GA as a hormone can increase bud mass by up to 50%, although the application ammounts of GA to get this effect are variable from strain to strain. Also the major problem with GA is its propensity for promoting male flower growth from within the female bud.."

It also goes on to say "never smoke the bud from a crop that has undergone treatment with GA for health reasons"

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

i highly recommend against using gravity... more than likely, it will burn the shit out of your plant, halt resin production, create excessive red hairs, and ruin the natural scents of your plant..

if you do decide to use it.. cut the recommended dose in half.. maybe even in a 1/4.. and lower your nute concentration..

good luck.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

and yes, gravity can cause hermies.. and definite rust colored spots..

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

read my edited post above, it gives the scoop on this crap. I'm not using it anymore after I figured out it's a fucking hormone.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Its not a hormone. The label says NO HORMONES!

Correct, It's an acid that has a hormone effect. that's the way they can print that on the lable, it's a shady technicality if you ask me. call them as ask them what they use in Gravity. I bet they use GA. It's not like they'll put that on the lable. A bloom enhancer that causes hermies? sounds like GA to me.

S

Sirius

Lost is right on. I use it sparingly. It does work if used at the right time to add density to your flowers.

Top Bottom