gravity

• Thread starter stickyickyicky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

if you read the last few lines maybe this has something to do with it? says its unstable in heat or alkaline ph solutions. what are you temps and ph?

78-82 temp, PH of 6.2-6.4 in dirt. Maybe the bottle got hot during shipment. I agree about the hormones in the AN, maybe gravity is an AN extraction? that's why I was concerned with the use of seaweed, as it naturally contains gibberellins.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yes gravity is and an extraction.

Here's the labeling for Gravity:

Contains non-plant food ingredients:
0.75% Ascophyllum nodosum (sea kelp) extract
0.01% Vitamin B1 (thiamine hydrochloride)

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

Just another thought. Why does it say to raise your lights if using HPS. I would think reg. HID bulbs burn brighter and hoter but who knows? Just wondering why they were so specific. My light heights haven't seemed to matter much but I also try and keep em the proper distance away to begin with.
Have you called and asked out the heat issues. Maybe if you tell them you had some bad reactions they will compensate you or send you a free bottle. Maybe send them the fucked up one so they can check it. Someone else called and they seemed nice i guess but who knows how much smoke they'll blow up your ass just to keep you happy. I'm thinking of upping my normal AN amounts to see if I can get the hardness from the sea kelp. I also made a concentrate w/ pure sea kelp powder (AN) and lactobacillus (Rotten milk, stuff off top when it seperates). You just let it set and shake it every day for about a month or so.
I've been noticing that on every major product that bulks things up or helps w. overall flavor and health the same thing. SEA KELP (AN) and also Molasses or cane sugar (Second processing before molasses, more sugar & less micronutes). You can get molasses at a feed store in bulk for like $20 for 5 gallons and sea kelp for cheap too at either a feed store, nursery or online (powder is best). Sorry to get off topic.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I was pushing the AN pretty hard on the last run. I used it at about 1/3 the strength of my humates, maybe 10ml per gallon? I'm going to get the AN dialed in before I start back up with the finishers. Who knows, maybe the AN was all that it needed and the finishers pushed it over the edge to hermie. I'll post back once I use the gravity again, I'm not giving up on it.

Good o'l brear rabbit molasses is good stuff.

K

kusheater1

this stuff should be banned turned my whole harvest to crap hay my worst run ever even as a noob throw that shit away save your money

K

kusheater1

no smell but did get big and put on weight still not the trade off any of us here want ,big hard and dankless never again.my Rant is over...

G

Goose

Its not a hormone. The label says NO HORMONES!

Dude, Lost, I have read many posts from you and I know you are not a newbie, nor an idiot, but come on man...I am coming from an INSIDER perspective, just because it isn't on a label doesn't mean it isn't in the product. I have to say that the Hydroponic fertilizer sector is very poorly regulated, there is a label game that is more like cat and mouse than anything else. Have you ever noticed that a product goes away for a while and then comes back with a couple tweaks to the label? PLEASE people, dont be naive, even if a company doesn't add things to a label, or doesn't tell you directly on the phone or via Email means nothing...trust me, I know for sure what is involved. PGR's are abundant in P-K boosters, anything that causes ANY instant response in a plant is FOR SURE not a natural reaction. Sure you will see an instant response, but the overall quality will suffer and I wouldn't ingest that chemically altered plant (opinion alert!). Give your plants attention and you will do better in quality and quantity than any bottled product can achieve. Of course you can take this with a grain of salt, but I have seen 3 per 1K light (18.5 on 6 lights) on a 2 week vegged Train Wreck, with only a basic fertilizer (don't want to sound like a commercial, so I won't name names) routine and no "mystery" additives", just attention to detail. Pay attention to your gardens people, don't pay for "miracle" products. I will repeat, I mean NO disrespect Lost, just don't be fooled.

B

Buddy Hemphill

My 2 cents ....so far...

I am running a strain that laughs at 2000 ppm.

I cut that in 1/2.

I used gravity at half dose.

Raised the lights per the label.

1st day of week 7.

I'll be damned if it didn't "touch" the tips of my leaves cutting everything in 1/2 and raising lights. But no more burn that this.

I'll try to post back when I cure it out and puff.

Looks like its working though.

icanfarm

icanfarm

I used gravity on my out door crop for the first time. we had nugs that went between3 and 5 grams hard as a stone and that was at half strength on a purple strain that was developed in mendo.i will say this the strain is a bit of a junky and i never found a burn point. the bud was a bit more dificult to dry n cure. noticed some black ashmight have od a bit with the molassas or might have been the gravity.im using it in side but a super light dose like 7 mils for 15 gal. i posted?about it seems inside it might have promoted leafy buds any one else had this efect.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Right on Goose.
just because it isn't on a label doesn't mean it isn't in the product. I have to say that the Hydroponic fertilizer sector is very poorly regulated, there is a label game that is more like cat and mouse than anything else. Have you ever noticed that a product goes away for a while and then comes back with a couple tweaks to the label?...
Hormones are only one class of PGR. Synthetic, petroleum based catalysts (ethanol being one of the more infamous), can push plants into cycles and make them do just about anything one could imagine- enhance, inhibit, accelerate, retard, control, height, stretching, lateral branching, ripening, color, hardening and so on.

PGR's are abundant in P-K boosters, anything that causes ANY instant response in a plant is FOR SURE not a natural reaction. Sure you will see an instant response, but the overall quality will suffer and I wouldn't ingest that chemically altered plant (opinion alert!).
If science can show me that kelp extract can be formulated to act as a ripening agent, than I will stand corrected. Until then and by the process of elimination, I am only left to conclude that Gravity's active agent is a synthetic PGR. What other chemical type could have such a profound and dramatic effect on a plant's growth in only a few days? There are a lot of chemicals to choose from:
155 PGRs
Pesticides-Common Names

The majority of user complaints- premature yellowing, leaf drop, burned flower tops, mysterious pH changes, correspond w/ the symptoms that one would see from overuse and/or misuse of a ripening agent. Several of the pre-harvest ripening agents from the links above are applied as a drench and work systemically to accelerate ripening.

While helpful in just about every growth stage, the listed ingredients- concentrated kelp, P-acid and a B complex are no more than a pretty, (if somewhat misleading), window dressing. The real player isn't listed. How could that be?

Gravity isn't patented. A patent would require a full disclosure of the formula and it's obvious that the company doesn't want to let the cat out of the bag. While they're not protected from another company reverse engineering and manufacturing their product, they can skirt disclosing any ingredient/s deemed to be a "trade secret" under 18 U.S.C. Ā§ 1839 (1996) and/or the Uniform Trade Secrets Act (UTSA) in all but 5 states that haven't ratified it yet.

In short, if a ripening chemical in a formula is a trade secret, a company would not have to list the ingredient on their label. In lieu of someone reverse engineering the product, we may never know exactly what makes Gravity do its thing and therein lies the problem.

P

Platinum kush

I bought the 1 gallon bottle of gravity and was planning on useing it but now after reading about the cons of it i just might not use it. Maybe do a test on a plant or two. Any one have good results using it with canna coco? Any feedback is appreciated.

M

mesa

I bought the 1 gallon bottle of gravity and was planning on useing it but now after reading about the cons of it i just might not use it. Maybe do a test on a plant or two. Any one have good results using it with canna coco? Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm in the same boat. i used SS Ultra as directed and more than half of my crop popped male flowers in a week (jupiter ogk). . . I had to pull them. Now i'm around week 7 with just skywalker ogk left - this is when i had planned to use the Gravity. . . I'm think I'm going to skip it. I'm not certain of the potential gain. . . but even if its 30%, i dont think its worth risking everything that's left.

I've also already used H&G's Top Booster, which i read was supposed to be similar to gravity? and that it causes the cal-def in the fan leaves the same way. . .

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

This is an accident turned experiment. ie...
6 life shit

When I was researching gr a few weeks back ^^ the EC tests @ normal strength were so low, I mixed up a quart @ 10x to double check the meter (and operator.) The 10 x solution's EC corresponded correctly to the reg strength EC- w/ no shift in pH. Somehow, I mixed up containers and inadvertently watered a 4 wk SD in mid-flwr w/ the quart of 10x testing solution. I immediately realized my mistake, started prepping for flush and said WTF- I'll chase it down w/ 1/2 gallon of straight H2O and let it ride. 4 days later...

Gravity OD

Grav 4

Grav 3

- The buds on the left are the same strain (SD) harvested @ 8 weeks.
- 90% of the 4 wks foliage went crispy, (thought of pics after I cleaned up), and the buds were pushed to age early- mostly dried up immature trichs- approx 5%, fully developed, dark amber @ 4 weeks.

Forgive the lousy pic quality. A new cam is in the works.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Gravity is a double edge sword.. 1ml/gal is the hot ticket.. With this rate you dont have to adjust your lights or nutes... I use once per week 4/5/6 flower with HG BudXL and blackstrap. My bottom buds are as big as my tops when I finish... Ive loved and hated Gravity but once you figure it out its all love!

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Gravity is a double edge sword.. 1ml/gal is the hot ticket.. With this rate you dont have to adjust your lights or nutes... I use once per week 4/5/6 flower with HG BudXL and blackstrap. My bottom buds are as big as my tops when I finish... Ive loved and hated Gravity but once you figure it out its all love!
I think I have it figured it out, I've just come to a different conclusion than you have on how to proceed. The pics above aren't of the "Whoa is me! What shall I do?" variety. I posted them to demonstrate the hypothesis stated in my previous post- the active ingredient in gravity is a ripening agent.
I'm not into it, but I'm not going to impose my trip on others.

Before researching, I used it in half of a run at 1/2 tsp/5gal and didn't like the results. The normally tight indica dom nugs turned into briquettes and the looser sativa clusters pulled in on themselves increasing the air between buds. Even if it were organic I wouldn't use it but that's a matter of taste/aesthetics which has a lot of latitude.

I think the company's spin on the product- retro hippy/health food graphics, folksy story, proprietary kelp formula etc is disingenuous. It's curious how the "Gravity"graphic on top of rear label changes the context of the sentence that follows after you notice the ",".Gravity, with our proprietary kelp extract... reads a lot differently than...
GRAVITY,
With our proprietary kelp extract etc...

Suggestion. Selective perception. Believing something is what we want it to be.

For the price of a gal of gravity, you could prolly get a lifetime supply of commercial fruit hardener and have enough change left over to buy a gal or 2 of kelp and B-vits.

Peace

E

ent

I'm in the same boat. i used SS Ultra as directed and more than half of my crop popped male flowers in a week (jupiter ogk)

have you grown that jupiter out successfully in the past? i was gifted a jupiter cut from the central coast CA area that threw nanners late in bloom without any additives and minor/no stress. it's supposedly a relabeled SFV ogk, a gimmick name scheme by a club. but the cut i had was not an OG. decent, frosty even w/ the nanners. i wonder if they are the same.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

This whole gravity thing has been weighing me down...soo

...on a lighter note. This showed up in my inbox today. lol the video comes on 5-10 sec after the open. gravity ball:anim_30:

BTW, I'm not affiliated w/ this or any other product.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

I know Laguna uses very high quality kelp because i get my kelp extract from the same place.. North American Kelp Co in Maine. They have the highest cytokinin content on the market. over 400ppm i believe.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Impressive! Great share, Coco, and great timing- I'm out of meal, my liquid extract is running on fumes. This is better than what I'm currently using so i'm placing an order. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom