• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

When was the last time you read a book?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I have a few good books in my library and they have helped me learn quite a bit about everything from being a better person to not being broke all the time to growing and plant life. So if you have a great book that you have read please share it with us. Two I will start of with are Teaming with Microbes, this was a real eye opener for me on what goes on in the soil and a great read. The other is Compost Tea Brewing Manual by Elaine Ingham, excellent garden books.

51jzezed6ljpg
Compstteaman5th2jpg

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I bought this book after watching him on TV and I have given copies to many family and friends, it's a kick in the ass because no one will tell you what you need to hear but Larry will, my Christmas gift to you all

Peace Woody

yourebroke-245x350.jpg

You’re Broke Because You Want To Be
$10.00

iCultivate

iCultivate

The Wild Trees is an incredible account of the Californian Redwoods and the people that climb and study them. Highly recommended!!

wt_jacketLg.jpg

-- iCultivate --

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I have that in my personal collection. Do you like Deepack Chopra?
I would have to read his whole books for a fair impression im skeptical by nature about the new age idea but I'm not opposed to new ideas I take it one by one but i have to read it all but as far as Celestine Prophecy what intrigued you most in the book?

monkeymun

monkeymun

Doesn't really relate to anything here..but Sex At Dawn was an interesting read.

c16f1b2f1a9b7946bf2abf763930ff7a.jpg

Another one I read many years ago, but that I found fascinating was Almost Like a Whale, by the geneticist Steve Jones.

almost_like_a_whale.jpg

I thought the Celestine Prophecy was a decent read when I read it.

Elaine Ingham is great author, and essentially the authority on composting.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I would have to read his whole books for a fair impression im skeptical by nature about the new age idea but I'm not opposed to new ideas I take it one by one but i have to read it all but as far as Celestine Prophecy what intrigued you most in the book?
well it was easy to read and I like how the chapters focused on specific insights, I'm not a religious or spiritual person but I can relate to human quest for understanding. and that makes me a better person. The book is a platform for James Redfield, a New Age religious thinker to get his message across, that's why Deepac came to mind, his religion guides him also plus his education adds an interesting twist.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

well it was easy to read and I like how the chapters focused on specific insights, I'm not a religious or spiritual person but I can relate to human quest for understanding. and that makes me a better person. The book is a platform for James Redfield, a New Age religious thinker to get his message across, that's why Deepac came to mind, his religion guides him also plus his education adds an interesting twist.
I really enjoy the expectation aspect and how the garden reacted to human interaction

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Great book by imo a very intelligent individual! Really breaks down the meaning and progression of religion, social behaviors, evolution, "good and evil", and pretty much everything having to do with the social progression and evolution of all living creatures. Especially Humans. A real eye opener. Brutally honest and easy to read.
Lp

yellowhead

yellowhead

Any of the books by Tim Flannery are good. Very informative author.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Landscapes of Betrayal, Landscapes of Joy - Herb Childress

Geography of Nowhere - James Howard Kunstler

Both great books. Childress is brilliant, Kunstler will make you laugh. Both will change the way you view your community and country.

Castaneda, but with a grain of salt. Same for Ayn Rand :)

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

I am not to big on taking financial advice from a book but when I went on my little vacation to the big house I read a lot. This was one of my favorite books and it is great for financial advice -

Rich Dad Poor Dad Robert T Kiyosaki

ttystikk

ttystikk

Financial books that resonates with me include How to think like a millionaire and the millionaire mind.

Example; when buying a car, don't think about status or style; buy by the pound! Buy one big enough for several adults to be comfortable, buy American for lower maintenance costs- and buy it used. Let someone else pay for the depreciation on a new car. Buy a truck if- and only if- you actually need one. Otherwise, cars are more practical and get better mileage.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Financial books that resonates with me include How to think like a millionaire and the millionaire mind.

Example; when buying a car, don't think about status or style; buy by the pound! Buy one big enough for several adults to be comfortable, buy American for lower maintenance costs- and buy it used. Let someone else pay for the depreciation on a new car. Buy a truck if- and only if- you actually need one. Otherwise, cars are more practical and get better mileage.

Problem is I like foreign cars :/ But your right about the depreciation of value when you buy a new car as soon as you drive out the parking lot I believe it loses over 20% off the value right then and there. American cars defin are not what they used to be and really are not as affordable as toyota/honda/nissan. Most american cars are being built overseas now anyway! GM/Chrysler/Ford they left Michigan and killed the economy in Michigan. They are building car parts and CARS in Mexico and other counties now.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

51MZWW4Q1DL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Ghosts of Everest,the search for mallory and irvine by jochem hemmlieb is an awesome read and
41i8BnibtPL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Ghost Rider by neal peart is a great book about losing people you love and finding the will to carry on,It is an especially good read if you are a motorcyclist but you do not have to be at all to enjoy it.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

E665810ae7a0335f5f0f8110L

The Worthing Saga 9780812533316

...different but both well worth the read.

peace, bozo

Latest posts

Top Bottom