Great Growers Need Great Jobb!!!

• Thread starter Agent O
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dorje

Dorje

See and it was on the up and up. thats why its soo f'd. Dude, I lost 35 ilbs cause i couldnt afford food! I just got f'd and am little bittler thats all...

That sucks.

I do believe that many MMCs will fail because of their owner's shortcomings... many are ignorant of both mmj and how to run a business and are too arrogant to get help.

If they didn't pay you for your work, that means you have invested in the business and own part of it, according to both DOR rules and common business practice. I would consult with a lawyer and send a note to Matt Cook (Head of MMJ at the DOR)

If you are being employed by a biz in CO, consider that you can be fired at any time for any reason except discrimination because of sex, age or race. You have no job security whatsoever without an employment contract.

R

RMCG

There will always be a Wal-Mart -> Target -> JCPenney -> Nieman Marcus.
And THATS why YOUR a shwagger. You love that corporate greed too. I think there is some honesty in saying the good growers are going underground again. where they should be. all these "investors are just ediots! I'm just saying when someone thinks green cure acutally "cures" and then they tell me im crazy. Same story just cut down a room with 8 1.5lb plants and the next month of the big room will be 2.5-3 oz plts.15 every two lights. and they said we wernt producing enough! but dont worry. I still have the home grow. But thanks for all the input, Still need a jobb. "on the clock tower note, im a trained snipe(usmc) anyone need a class???"[/QUOTE]

Wow. Corporate greed? Shwagger?

So you would rather 'state run' dispensaries? How about a vendor that NEVER has a sale, always sells at MSRP, not matter how much, how often you purchase? Maybe fixed prices, set by the state? Then you can watch quality drop through the floor. Where's the incentive to produce?

A jarhead that would rather have a communism than free markets? Take a bullet to the helmet one too many times?

Corporate 'greed' as you call it has weeded out lots of scheisters throughout history, offer goods and services at a market price, don't shit on your customers, suppliers, vendors and employees - Make MONEY. Hire more people, buy more stuff, increase efficiencies, prices drop = Happy customers and Happy employees.

The Wal-mart -> Nieman Marcus reference was to show there IS room for all. YOU the consumer, employee, vendor has the CHOICE of where to go and quality of goods/services.

Wanna go back underground? Go for it. But don't bitch when you get undercut by the big boys that have increased efficiencies and prices drop below what ~you~ expect some one to pay.

I think there will ~always~ be room for connoisseur items.

I can buy a case of Bud (I don't) for 18$ or I can buy a single 750ml bottle of craft beer (I do) for $20.

Do I whine about it? Hell no. I gladly support the 'corporate greedy bastards' that offer me a product I want, at a price I KNOW is fair, because I know what went in to it.

Want to compete? Be ready for July when the moratorium ends, open your own dispensary and compete, whether in a niche market (connoissuer), mid-range (Target) or bottom of the barrel beasters (Wal-Mart).

Be happy you are even able to do this at all.

Dorje

Dorje

Corporate 'greed' as you call it has weeded out lots of scheisters throughout history, offer goods and services at a market price, don't shit on your customers, suppliers, vendors and employees - Make MONEY. Hire more people, buy more stuff, increase efficiencies, prices drop = Happy customers and Happy employees.

The Wal-mart -> Nieman Marcus reference was to show there IS room for all. YOU the consumer, employee, vendor has the CHOICE of where to go and quality of goods/services.

Wanna go back underground? Go for it. But don't bitch when you get undercut by the big boys that have increased efficiencies and prices drop below what ~you~ expect some one to pay.

I think there will ~always~ be room for connoisseur items.

I can buy a case of Bud (I don't) for 18$ or I can buy a single 750ml bottle of craft beer (I do) for $20.

Do I whine about it? Hell no. I gladly support the 'corporate greedy bastards' that offer me a product I want, at a price I KNOW is fair, because I know what went in to it.

Want to compete? Be ready for July when the moratorium ends, open your own dispensary and compete, whether in a niche market (connoissuer), mid-range (Target) or bottom of the barrel beasters (Wal-Mart).

Be happy you are even able to do this at all.

Yeah, I agree.... too much complaining and whining.

I guess we should all just wish Obama never told the DEA to stop waging war against states with mmj programs.

Anyway... MMJ is now a real biz. Right now, it is filled with a lot of idiots and profiteers. They will not be able to compete with people who actually love herb and can run a real biz. It is the free market that will put them out of business.

Nobody likes the state laws, but we are stuck with what we got right now, and it is better than how it was as far as making progress to end the drug war. If you would rather have a drug war than legal weed you are worse than any corporation, and a complete waste of human life.

sky high

sky high

Sorry Agent O.....but the sad fact is that you are merely experiencing a change in the market as things go larger and larger and the small guy gets squeezed out. I don't know if you've noticed or not...but Colorado is now over run with weed and growers...and um...while you may THINK you have talents others don't...the fact is that there are 10 people with the same experience...or more....who are waiting in the wings to replace you.

and as RMCG pointed out...... things aren't gonna get any better anytime soon as July 2011 rolls around and the next wave of greedy fuckers step up to play ball.

In the end....what you are experiencing is basically the same feeling of change those of us who were patients before this all blew up have experienced. >Everything< we knew pre-July 2009 has been turned upside down.

Unfortunately, as MMJ becomes more common-place.... the same business model will play out before our eyes that we have allowed to play out in all other aspects of "retail" sales in america...and that is that the perception of "quality" will be controlled by the corporations...as it is at Wal-Mart and Target...moreso by "price point" and bottom line PROFIT MARGINS than by the sales of ANY well-crafted merchandise.

wot a mess...

s h

Dorje

Dorje

the fact is that there are 10 people with the same experience...or more....who are waiting in the wings to replace you.

and as RMCG pointed out...... things aren't gonna get any better anytime soon as July 2011 rolls around and the next wave of greedy fuckers step up to play ball.

In the end....what you are experiencing is basically the same feeling of change those of us who were patients before this all blew up have experienced. >Everything< we knew pre-July 2009 has been turned upside down.

Unfortunately, as MMJ becomes more common-place.... the same business model will play out before our eyes that we have allowed to play out in all other aspects of "retail" sales in america...and that is that the perception of "quality" will be controlled by the corporations...as it is at Wal-Mart and Target...moreso by "price point" and bottom line PROFIT MARGINS than by the sales of ANY well-crafted merchandise.

wot a mess...

s h

Actually, MMCs struggle to find good growers. Agent O's employers are probably idiots if they think they can jump right in and do it themselves, it is a common misperception that an experienced grower is not required. They will find out the hard way that they made a poor business decision.

And yes, MMJ will be just like other retail sales businesses in the USA soon enough. You seem to think there won't be room for top quality merchandise in the MMJ biz but there is a market in any other retail category...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
See and it was on the up and up. thats why its soo f'd. Dude, I lost 35 ilbs cause i couldnt afford food! I just got f'd and am little bittler thats all...
I would be very bitter. I think it's fair to be compensated, fairly, as agreed upon. That's where a contract would be helpful.

Once this product is treated like any other perishable commodity, the playing field will level out. I absolutely agree that there is room for all levels/quality of product--some people are cheap motherfuckers and others only want the best, even if it's only their conception of the best (put a $4 bottle of Forestville up against a $10 bottle of Beaulieu and you'll see what I mean).

sky high

sky high

Yes..there is a high-dollar market in most retail sales.

But in this arena....shouldn't the >high-dollar meds< be the offering that >is< the regular/daily fare? Do folks walk in to fill a script for any other drug and are told/sold a lesser strength med simply because they can't anti-up "for the high quality market" offering?

I guess it all depends on if folks view this akin to selling wine or single malt Scotch to the MASSES where the consumer has a never-ending supply of cash....

or if they are focused on providing the highest potency medicine to a select few who are sick and in need of relief at the lowest possible price.....

big difference, IMO

s h

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I went through this in 2009 with a large grow. Got totally dicked over, worked 5 months for free, and had nothing to show for it afterwards except my car getting repo'd.

The people you surround yourselves with makes a HUGE difference. It seems some growers exuberate a super arrogant cockiness, that their bud is the best and no one is any match for their skills. Then there is the opposite of the spectrum, the ones that know their shit, but still take the shit and the weight on their shoulders, because they have been doing it alone so long, they don't really know or expect to get treated like a low-end employee in a business...until they do.

My approach is to stay human, look people in the eye, don't go into biz with folks that have dollar signs in them! Assert yourself from the beginning, but don't be arrogant about it. Once they step on you once, they will see you as a disposable peon. Reveal some of the basics of the work you do, but leave out specific and important intricate details....

Survival is a tougher game that one would think, even if you truly are a good grower, but I have to agree with Dorje....it would seem that this state is flooded with super-growers, but the opposite is true! Very few people are truly passionate and responsible gardeners, the rest are just arrogant bastards that think their bud is the best cuz they have no idea what good bud is!

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

For someone that can consistently put out buds that set a "higher" standard and can place the bar....when a door shuts another will always open!
The problem as a whole is not the MMC's and their "non caring" ways....
the problem is the patient that is willing to spend their hard earned $ on shit.
Guess what....if patients keep buying shit weed, dispensaries will continue to sell shit weed. Not only are the prices dropping but so is the quality because people are STILL buying shit weed. Let the "regulars" say no to what's on the shelves and watch the MMC's sing a different tune with the quickness!
And me being on both sides of the coin...i can honestly say there are NOT a ton of "good" growers in CO....most are cocky kids that just think they are.

S

Steve Z

them and their blue dreams! god i went somewhere yesterday and saw 3 diff blue dreams/BD crosses and only one OG. wtf world

A

Agent O

Ok, I think we all just need to take a puff and chill...(someone light a match or something?) All im sayin is if anyone needs a good green grower in a legit shop, PM me.

R

Rednick

All I'm sayin' cuz...

Is you got 8 posts and ain't shown shit!

How da fuk is ne1 gonna no yo da shit?

And,
LMFAO

So, true.
This industry is run by a bunch of used-car salesmen and stoners. I wake up every morning repeating the words "Remember Ceasar, thou art mortal".

B

BoCo Buds

Sorry Agent O.....but the sad fact is that you are merely experiencing a change in the market as things go larger and larger and the small guy gets squeezed out. I don't know if you've noticed or not...but Colorado is now over run with weed and growers...and um...while you may THINK you have talents others don't...the fact is that there are 10 people with the same experience...or more....who are waiting in the wings to replace you.

wot a mess...

s h

This is coming down the pike... wheels are a turnin. Once the ops that I have been around get their shit together... and the other ones I 'hear' about...??? The strategies being floated around are to pump out as much as the resources available allow... I have 16,000 Amps to my disposal... and with the proper investment...??? The plans from above are to maximize economies of scale & to flood the market with 'good enough' weed (they say 'great', but we all know what will really be up... no way to totally control quality assurances at that scale), but at an incredibly low price... start thinking 800 per bow at wholesale. I personally feel those that can, will, and the drive will go even further down the scale.

For someone that can consistently put out buds that set a "higher" standard and can place the bar....when a door shuts another will always open!

The problem as a whole is not the MMC's and their "non caring" ways....
the problem is the patient that is willing to spend their hard earned $ on shit.
Guess what....if patients keep buying shit weed, dispensaries will continue to sell shit weed.
Not only are the prices dropping but so is the quality because people are STILL buying shit weed. Let the "regulars" say no to what's on the shelves and watch the MMC's sing a different tune with the quickness!
And me being on both sides of the coin...i can honestly say there are NOT a ton of "good" growers in CO....most are cocky kids that just think they are.

And this is the case as I get feedback around town... some still pay for top notch, but most are buying based on margin & availability. The very last thing they are thinking is patient access & safety. Shit, not like I don't feel the pressures myself. That's where a lot of people are spending the very few dollars that they have... on what they can afford & tolerate. Someone always has money, so there is that, but the bulk is/has always been milking from the poor... referring to our economic system here.

And serving that niche market won't be for the caregivers, except those that blatantly break CO's laws... they don't want us to compete... they can't control or account for us (period). Trust me, the pressure from the State on the MMC's is going to eventually force them to stop buying... many will have their own shit going +++ the risk to their investment will be too great to allow for this, even if it means passing on the dank when they have none. You won't risk a million dollar investment on a bow... just won't happen.

Like SH said... wot a mess! ;-)

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

im a handwatering, soil bum who likes the best. It just boiled down to greed. $$$

Hand watering dirt in a commercial environment? If I HAD to tote water I would get a nice donkey to do the work. It's called plumbing. 15% of the world would have your head on a stick for carrying water when you can plumb it. you can just run a drip, timer, flood, blumat, sprinkler, ect.
It saves A_L_O_T of time.

Seriously, not to rip on you A O but buckets SUCK! Buy a bunch of blumats and check your grow twice a week. Here's a demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWPLr0Selh8

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

As far as dispensaries, not all of them are terrible, but most are. Just look at the advertising, that will let you know the level of professionalism the owners are accustomed to

Shitty people hire shitty growers and sell shitty herb at shitty prices.

total shit show

Many dispensaries have not gone out of business because of the moratorium. A premium is placed on a license until the moratorium expires. The money is in selling the dispensary at a premium if you can't grow good herb. Either that or you wholesale crap. there's plenty of crap herb to be wholesaled out there. It's definitely not medical grade, more like some newbee training project being pawned off to pay bills. But hey, if it's cheap enough someone will buy it. Lot's of newbees, lots of crap, lots of people willing to buy cheap weed.

Used car salesmen and real estate agents wheeling and dealing!

sky high

sky high

I don't see them requiring this low-paid employee to possess a MMJ license/have legal status...

Can someone handle/trim weed who isn't licensed as a patient?

And wow....no mention of bakin yer ass pre-trim or keepin ya high all day while ya trim?? Can anyone here trim STRAIGHT?

And where's the catered LUNCH?

wait...yer makin' a whoppin $8-10 a hour...you can afford your own lunch with that lofty take!!!

wot a mess....

s h

S

Steve Z

yeah you wanna trim weed or work at rite-aid pays the same??? wtf this is exactly what im talking about.

but then again if your looking for weed on CRAIGSLIST or WEED JOBS come on what else would you expect. anyone with a good job is going to get a buddy to do it, not some FUCKIN RANDOM of the internet.

R

RMCG

No offense, but what would ~you~ pay someone for manual labor like this?

In a commercial greenhouse setting I've watched little old ladys hand seed flats that come down a conveyor belt, thousands a day, day in and day out. Probably weren't making 8-10/hr. What's the difference? You think they should make $60/hr ~just~ because its MMJ?

Granted, the DOR background check to do this makes it pretty damn pointless if you ask me.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

"you have to really love marijuana but you can't have ever touched it illegally." Just so you can make $8 an hr. This fuck needs to buy a trimpro. A person could fuck up trimming quite a bit more than $8 worth of herb in a hr.

Resume? You need a resume to trim some herb? Good luck with your shit show buddy!

Latest posts

Top Bottom