Great Growers Need Great Jobb!!!

• Thread starter Agent O
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TyKaycha

The last season was a snore-fest for sure, and just when it was about to get interesting the season ends. Same for the last season of Dexter, boring up until the last couple episodes then BAM - what the hell is going to happen next!?!?

S

SoCoMMJ

then you got to see her nekked full frontal twice :)

Wonder how I missed that ? Oh yeah, I never have time to watch TV anymore :worried
poster_weeds-poster_ny6t.jpg

Now this thread is offically derailed...

Unit541

Unit541

What we actually have here, is 99 pages of "putting things back the way they were before anything was medical". As was said earlier in the thread, we had a better model before. Everything was easier, and everyone was happier. Of course, we should have seen it coming. After all, when the government gets involved in anything, things always get harder, and people always get screwed.

Fortunately, I think when the dust settles, it will be apparent that regardless of it's legal status, Cannabis is a self-regulating industry. It will always find a balance. Crap weed and sheisty dispensary operators can't remain forever, I say let them ride their wave while it's breaking. Let that fortune come in, and go right back out on licensing, compliance, and legal fees. Let them live with the anxiety of never knowing whether or not you'll still be in business at the end of each day. Those who never poked their head "above ground", are grinning ear to ear right now, as the State is working hard to turbo-charge their previously waning market share.

How much of a hit do you think the Dispensaries are going to take the moment they start taking pictures of their customers with every purchase. How many patients are going to tolerate getting thumb printed, or buy a an eighth of ditch weed for $50 that they know has an RFID tracking chip in it. Especially when on the street, there's always medicine, and never paper-work. With the street supply now being fortified by skillful and passionate caregivers who simply can't bring themselves to set their left over 3lb's of fire ablaze, the quality on the street often exceeds (by a wide freakin' margin too) that found on the "top shelf" of your local dispensary.

If real growers want a place in the above ground legal industry, and want to make a living from that industry, a union would be a good place to start.

R

RMCG

WTF good would a union do?

No offense, but historically speaking, they deprive industry of innovation, squash free markets and cripple business decisions by lawsuits and strikes.

Unit541

Unit541

True, but their members don't whine about not being paid enough or securing employment.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

What we actually have here, is 99 pages of "putting things back the way they were before anything was medical". As was said earlier in the thread, we had a better model before. Everything was easier, and everyone was happier. Of course, we should have seen it coming. After all, when the government gets involved in anything, things always get harder, and people always get screwed.
Regulations do suck. BUT cannabis has been completely criminal for 70 + years because it was consider the devils weed. Then in 2010 the CO.gov choose to deal w/the large increases of very new MMJ business via heavy regulation. This heavy regulation has benefited many because they do not have the constant fear of the Feds coming and taking their business, like, for instance, what happened so often in CA from 96-2009. Or, what is currently happening in BC to "CG" level growers.

However, the CG has gotten the shaft, in the short term. In order for the CG's to get back to what they had for the YEAR of 2009, they will need to lobby the CDPHE's Board of Health very hard when the CG definition of "exceptional circumstances" comes up.

The sooner CG's get serious and start planning ahead the better. How about getting some practice by attending the DOR meeting concerning the 90 pages of MMC regulation???

How much of a hit do you think the Dispensaries are going to take the moment they start taking pictures of their customers with every purchase. How many patients are going to tolerate getting thumb printed, or buy a an eighth of ditch weed for $50 that they know has an RFID tracking chip in it. Especially when on the street, there's always medicine, and never paper-work. With the street supply now being fortified by skillful and passionate caregivers who simply can't bring themselves to set their left over 3lb's of fire ablaze, the quality on the street often exceeds (by a wide freakin' margin too) that found on the "top shelf" of your local dispensary.

These 90 pages of reg's will most definitely shake out more dispensaries than 1284 did (supposedly 1000 pre1284 to 800 post 1284 ). The reason for the shakeout will be the privacy VIOLATION MMC users would be subjected to.

After patients stop going to MMCs, they will find CGs. CGs will provide the regular herbs for the patients, and patients will cease going to MMCs except for specialty products. Without the regular customer base more MMCs will close.

Whatever the path - these regulations will have a big impact on the 2012 campaign. IMO.

A

A20Grower

Until growers come out from the shadows, forming a union would be impossible.

Wouldn't any formation or collective of growers still be illegal federally?

I see how many growers constantly complain about legislation or whatever ills they see, but I still fail to see a large number of caregivers coming together. That tells me there is a large amount of non-compliant growers. Just my two cents.

S

SSHZ

Good thread......... this is why there will always be an underground market for growers like myself. Once the government gets involved, everyone gets fucked. More regulation, higher prices, less quality of product, rip offs and poor business practices and now unions want a piece too. 2011 will be a very good year for me. LOL

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
WTF good would a union do?

No offense, but historically speaking, they deprive industry of innovation, squash free markets and cripple business decisions by lawsuits and strikes.
Union, to me, is the wrong word and concept. A professional association would be better in my opinion. Something that is purely voluntary, but offers the customer some 'guarantee' of standards and practices.
Until growers come out from the shadows, forming a union would be impossible.

Wouldn't any formation or collective of growers still be illegal federally?

I see how many growers constantly complain about legislation or whatever ills they see, but I still fail to see a large number of caregivers coming together. That tells me there is a large amount of non-compliant growers. Just my two cents.
Not sure, trying to understand how any formation of growers could be considered illegal, that would be tromping all over the basic tenets of the 1st Amendment as far as I can see.

S

Steve Z

ring around the rosie

pockets full of posies

ashes, ashes, we all fall DOWN!!

(repeat 1000x)

R

RMCG

Union, to me, is the wrong word and concept. A professional association would be better in my opinion. Something that is purely voluntary, but offers the customer some 'guarantee' of standards and practices.

Not sure, trying to understand how any formation of growers could be considered illegal, that would be tromping all over the basic tenets of the 1st Amendment as far as I can see.

I agree with 'association'. Not sure I would want to spearhead that one though...

:)

Nor could I imagine the political crap that would go on amongst the members. Indoor/Outdoor, CashCroppers/Medical, Organic/Inorganic, Soil/Hydro, etc.

While I don't think the formation of such a group could be deemed illegal (hell, NAMBLA exists, as well as other perverse groups), the member list would be quite a goldmine.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree with 'association'. Not sure I would want to spearhead that one though...

Nor could I imagine the political crap that would go on amongst the members. Indoor/Outdoor, CashCroppers/Medical, Organic/Inorganic, Soil/Hydro, etc.

While I don't think the formation of such a group could be deemed illegal (hell, NAMBLA exists, as well as other perverse groups), the member list would be quite a goldmine.
Somewhat agreed, I think things could be teased apart. The biggest hurdle I would foresee for such an association would be the reading comprehension of all members. Not to crack on my stoner-brethren, but as a group the general reading comprehension level I see on pot sites is about on par with that which I see on motorcycle sites, especially those dedicated to cruisers (my own preferred ride). So... I guess that adds up to crackin' on us. But the point is that, as a group, I often feel that "we" are not on the same page and I feel that may be because people are reading the same words but getting something very different out of them.

Does that make sense?

I happen to know someone who I think could head up something like this very, very well. He's got great connections, knows his shit, has been in the business for quite a while, extremely intelligent and knows how to communicate with people. I'm not sure he'd want to head up such a project, it would be a huge undertaking.

R

RMCG

I ride too.

Not going to name the cruiser though, as that community is very small...

And quite the undertaking it would be.

Look at the other national growers associations. Tomatoes, strawberries, sugarbeets, etc. Lots of letters after peoples names...

Not to knock the community, but I think that anyone on par with those orgs would be working in a different Ag. field. Perhaps in the future that will change.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

I do see a good amount of CG's at some events, but many more need to get involved.

Maybe we should start another thread on this subject... I am more than willing to share my knowledge in agitation/advocacy.

IMO, CG's are facing 2 challenges right now.
1. Municipalities will try to enact zoning laws that are restrictive for CG's (See FOCO, or DEN). These restrictions can be fought by anyone effected if they are on the ball on the matter (forcing the zoning decision to a vote/ this requires gathering 5% of registered voters signatures)
2. And what will be the definition of what "exceptional circumstances" means for CG's. This matter, if handled, and won, can return CG's to pre 1284 levels, in areas where mmj MMC have been banned. And that sounds to me like something worth fighting for.

R

RMCG

I do see a good amount of CG's at some events, but many more need to get involved.

Maybe we should start another thread on this subject... I am more than willing to share my knowledge in agitation/advocacy.

IMO, CG's are facing 2 challenges right now.
1. Municipalities will try to enact zoning laws that are restrictive for CG's (See FOCO, or DEN). These restrictions can be fought by anyone effected if they are on the ball on the matter (forcing the zoning decision to a vote/ this requires gathering 5% of registered voters signatures)
2. And what will be the definition of what "exceptional circumstances" means for CG's. This matter, if handled, and won, can return CG's to pre 1284 levels, in areas where mmj MMC have been banned. And that sounds to me like something worth fighting for.

Please do start a thread regarding Caregivers, I have a few discussion points and would like to stay up on potential changes coming, etc.

I see regular events at Casselmans in Denver. Does anyone here attend?

Top Bottom