Great White

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrbong73

The manufacturers seem to think these products can be used in hydroponic solutions. But they are in the business of selling product. Maybe that's why they suggest using it every two weeks. (Rinse and repeat)

It's my understanding that a myco infection takes at least a couple weeks to begin to take hold where you might see some benefit. That's if there are even any viable spores to begin with...

I have my variety pack of myco goodies. Someday I'll have to do a real side by side.

Blaze

Blaze

The manufacturers seem to think these products can be used in hydroponic solutions. But they are in the business of selling product. Maybe that's why they suggest using it every two weeks. (Rinse and repeat)

It's my understanding that a myco infection takes at least a couple weeks to begin to take hold where you might see some benefit. That's if there are even any viable spores to begin with...

I have my variety pack of myco goodies. Someday I'll have to do a real side by side.

Always be very skeptical of any info provided by hydro companies or hydro stores - they are probably two of the wost sources of information most of the time.

You are also quite correct that myccos take several weeks, even months, to be fully established. This is why you want to inoculate early with mycos - as soon as the plant has roots IMO.

I think the only way you would know for sure if your bene's are alive is to look at your res under a microscope and see what is going on. Soil biota can tolerate some levels of ionic salts but what that exact level is is not clear. I do know you can use chem ferts in low concentration in soil with beneficial organisms with good results but I have no idea how this would translate to coco or hydro. IMO additional applications are always a good idea anyway - I apply ACT once a week religiously.

M

mrbong73

Looking at the roots under a microscope would be another way of telling if your "bene's" are there or not.
I'm pretty sure you can get a root assay done to determine if your plants are mychorrhizal.

A

AliasAO

Always be very skeptical of any info provided by hydro companies or hydro stores - they are probably two of the wost sources of information most of the time.

You are also quite correct that myccos take several weeks, even months, to be fully established. This is why you want to inoculate early with mycos - as soon as the plant has roots IMO.

I think the only way you would know for sure if your bene's are alive is to look at your res under a microscope and see what is going on. Soil biota can tolerate some levels of ionic salts but what that exact level is is not clear. I do know you can use chem ferts in low concentration in soil with beneficial organisms with good results but I have no idea how this would translate to coco or hydro. IMO additional applications are always a good idea anyway - I apply ACT once a week religiously.

I spoke to the owner of Xtreme Gardening about the use of synthetics and how they relate to Myco's and the benes. He said adding in Mycos/benes then following with a feed of "Synthetics" with Ph adjustment :

[[" is like bathing your benificals in gasoline and lighting them on fire..pardon my analogy. they are not reccomended because they are acids and bases that will immeaditly kill everything but the plant when used and are not nessary in organics " ]]

He said that ^^^^^ regarding the addition of Ph up/down to water, he also said it applied for Synthetic nutes like Fox Farm, Humboldt, dutch master,advanced nutrients, supernatural nutrients ect ect...

There ya have it straight from the horses mouth.

--AO

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
funny how extreme fails to mention that on their packaging

add extreme to the list of people who will sell you something for the sake of selling you something

still funnier how great white tells you to add it to your nutrients

A

AliasAO

funny how extreme fails to mention that on their packaging

add extreme to the list of people who will sell you something for the sake of selling you something

still funnier how great white tells you to add it to your nutrients

True-- in the end sales are sales and thats the business game--

BUT

To xtremes credit-- he did explain and break it down for me--

He said adding Ph up or down is like bathing your Bene's/mycos in gas.. He said that the Nutrients "synthetics" like Fox Farm ect WONT completely kill the benes but it will make them not as "EFFECTIVE" bc again you are in most cases introducing a non biological to a organic living organism.

So logically when you deconstruct it-- it makes sense:

Benes/mycos work WITH synthetics but it is not as EFFECTIVE.
Ph up and down does kill and degrade the Bene's/Mycos.

The owner of Xtreme was the first person to really take his time to answer all my questions fully... he got a life time customer here n^_^

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i emailed extreme several times

didnt get shit for info

shit works great but i hate handing my money to people that dont deserve it

look through some nutrient regiments of the best of the farm. i see it in prob half of the organic users here

A

AliasAO

i emailed extreme several times

didnt get shit for info

shit works great but i hate handing my money to people that dont deserve it

look through some nutrient regiments of the best of the farm. i see it in prob half of the organic users here

Email :fighting0085:

I called them--- Receptionist answered the call, I asked to speak with someone regarding the Mykos product. She said currently there was no one there that could answer the question. I ended up leaving my name and Number-- a few hours later I got a call, it ended up being the Owner-- we spoke for about 20 minutes-- he took me to skooool real quick regarding the organics and the Mycos/Beneficials.

Then he said email me with your address [ and any questions ].

I said Hmmmmmm why my address?

I bet you can guess why :banana1sv6:

Customer 4- life

--AO

T

THegrowshow

i enjoy spirited banter back and forth as long as it is respectable because at the end of the day it will push our body of knowledge regarding these subjects to further extremes

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Love this thread.

Wanna ask a few quick q's if thats okay.

So motherlode your saying that a reg like feed your girls only great white and say some molasses also, then alternate between that and some nutes? so the bennies have time to soak in without any acidic nutes in the mix as well?

I really wanna invest in some good bennies, but GW is expensive.

Has anyone seen their other product, the liquid one? Orca?

Thanks again, informative thread!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
please see my real spores without the fluff thread in this section.

I have 300x concentrate of great white/aho/azos equivalent for a fraction of the price.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
True-- in the end sales are sales and thats the business game--

BUT

To xtremes credit-- he did explain and break it down for me--

He said adding Ph up or down is like bathing your Bene's/mycos in gas.. He said that the Nutrients "synthetics" like Fox Farm ect WONT completely kill the benes but it will make them not as "EFFECTIVE" bc again you are in most cases introducing a non biological to a organic living organism.

So logically when you deconstruct it-- it makes sense:

Benes/mycos work WITH synthetics but it is not as EFFECTIVE.
Ph up and down does kill and degrade the Bene's/Mycos.

The owner of Xtreme was the first person to really take his time to answer all my questions fully... he got a life time customer here n^_^

I do not agree with the ph up/down statement.

Mycos and trichoderma all are more/less active depending on what pH environment they are in. Temperature as well. This is coming from a Dr that makes them in a lab, and has 20 years in microbiology.

I do not think that dropping your pH from 7.0 to 6.0 will have too much of an effect on them, and it certainly is not like throwing gasoline on them. Now, if you decided to dump the bottle of pH up/down straight on to your media, then yes. You woudl kill the bennies, and the plant.

Top Bottom