GreatWhite vs Tarantula

• Thread starter dank_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dank_

I love GreatWhite. It is relatively cheap and produces results.

However, I'm in aero (using laser lines) and I do not like using powders. I don't like it sitting at the bottom of the rez. I especially don't like it sticking to my roots and eventually rotting them out.

I've used Tarantula and many other bennies in the past. Tarantula is available in liquid state. I would like it to replace GreatWhite ONLY because it is liquid.

My question: Is there anything significant in GreatWhite that Tarantula doesn't have?

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

I would look into Kangaroots and MicroBrew by Foxfarm. I get some huge white roots evertime, that seem to explode out the pots days after transplant.. Great stuff. I heard its similar to great white but liquid form and cheaper. ~ODB~

ftwendy

ftwendy

I suggest voodoo juice and GH's rapid start, alternating, at 1/2 recc doses. Does wonders for me. Canna's rhizotonic is great too, but pricey (they all are). On the GH days I add some form of sugar to feed the spores and boost the plants: carbo load, floranectar or boost. They all three seem to work the same for me. Take your pick.

Also, maybe think about applying the spores manually (rather than using your misters) with a watering jug or pump sprayer later in the lights on period. I mix up a separate small batch of voodoo juice and sugars to apply manually about two hours before lights out for the first few days following a new transplant and days 0-10 of flowering. In order to avoid watering too early (against my religion), I only apply ~200 ml of this tonic to each plant since it is so close to dark, and typically out of sync with the plant's watering schedule. Cheers, Ftw

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Great White is now in liquid form, it is called Orca and made by the same people. It is BETTER than Great White according to the test we did which included doing bacteria cultures.

Kangaroots and Microbe Brew are pretty good and indeed cheaper, but not as good as Orca IMO.

Whatever you do stop buying AN's bacteria products especially Voodoo Juice as they are so over priced it should SERIOUSLY be criminal!! I do not know how a store employee can sell that shit with a straight face. And as for AN, well I think it says all you need to know about those greedy ass bastards.....

Cheers!

D

dank_

ORCA!!! HOW DID I MISS THAT????? Now I don't ever have to use AN bennies!

Thanks for the info! I'm so eager to use the liquid!!!

I would like to get away from AN but I have gallons of nutes to use up.

Venom818

Venom818

ORCA!!! HOW DID I MISS THAT????? Now I don't ever have to use AN bennies!

Thanks for the info! I'm so eager to use the liquid!!!

I would like to get away from AN but I have gallons of nutes to use up.

Ill help you with that problem send them all to me

ftwendy

ftwendy

Gonna try Orca... I'm loathe to spend $ on AN products, too. I'll do a head to head against the remainder of my voodoo if I can find orca. The liquid innoculants are really helpful in my garden, but the cost is a kick in the nuts. Every time.

green punk

green punk

I was given a bottle of Benefox Used it up then bought a gallon. It is a great liquid inoculate. Has bacteria that can survive over 4000ppm (like nutes before you dilute. Its formulated for use in Hothouse vegetables in Canada.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

I have contacted the company in regards to Benefox to see if they would be interested in having there product tested and evaluated. We can do some culture testing and scope work to see how the spore count looks and what the concentration level is compared to the others we tested so far like Great White, Voodoo Juice, OrganismXL, Orca, Aquashield, Roots Excel, Microbe Brew, and several others as well.

Cheers!

Blaze

Blaze

You could also look into learning how to brew your own aerated compost tea (ACT). It is MUCH cheaper than even the Great White and works better as well. Any living culture that comes out of a bottle is going to have sub-par performance compared to an active, living culture.

pushkushglobal

pushkushglobal

Orca is incredible. I use around 2 mil per gallon (which is over recommended dose) and it works like a charm. I would definitely endorse this stuff.

dankworth

dankworth

For best value,
Capulator's beneficials.
Cap's beneficials.
Capulator's bennies.
Cap's bennies.
The beneficials of Capulator.

There is this guy Capulator here. He has bennies. You will get more spore count/colony forming units per gram of the right strains of bacteria and fungi.
Best value per dollar.

Cap's bennies.
Let me know if you need clarification, anyone.
I would not rep this if it were not the best deal out there right now.

evu80

evu80

im a newbie and would like to know if these products will work with recirculating systems with rockwool as the medium. I just heard from a few people that its mostly for soil and certain nute lines that are synthetic won't mesh well with these bennies

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

You can run them with RDWC systems, you just need to mix and then strain the carrier element out before you put into your system.

Cheers!

vangs

vangs

I have contacted the company in regards to Benefox to see if they would be interested in having there product tested and evaluated. We can do some culture testing and scope work to see how the spore count looks and what the concentration level is compared to the others we tested so far like Great White, Voodoo Juice, OrganismXL, Orca, Aquashield, Roots Excel, Microbe Brew, and several others as well.

Cheers!

would you say ORCA or GREAT WHITE have better results than ROOTS EXCEL? im in the proccess of purchasing one but cant deside between the 2. i was leaning towards roote excel but it seems you have done tests to compare the products. which one would you recommend?

KushCompass

KushCompass

Caps bennies are nice but wayyyyyyy overpriced when you can order the exact product straight from the manufacture for less than $20 a kilo.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Caps bennies are nice but wayyyyyyy overpriced when you can order the exact product straight from the manufacture for less than $20 a kilo.
How about some links to where I can order direct, that would rock ???

Top Bottom