Green Crack shy to flowering

• Thread starter Dustytrails
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Ok boys and girls, tonight’s photos show my photoperiod girls now 8 weeks old.

14 days ago I dropped the lights to 12, and following the GH nutrients and Si through this grow with their recommendations and started using Sweet Blend last week. EC was perfect according to their charts.

Lights were 800 par and Veg was 60% red flower side upped to 30% with no change to flower. KIND 420’s
Tonight I dropped the Veg side of the lights down to 40% and to 600 par and increased the reds to 50% power output.

These KIND 420’s have been great through many organic and co-co grows and I’ve always been able to Turn on the flower mode without issue.
I might be jumping the gun, but usually by now there would be a ton of little baby buds.
80-83 degrees, but slightly high humidity 68%

Must be something stupid
Green crack shy to flowering
Green crack shy to flowering 2

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Yeah correct, but these bushes are 28” tall with no buds in sight, which worries me on running out if vertical clearance to be friendly to to the mature buds. I’m hoping cutting the Veg aspect of the lights and increasing the flower side may offer some relief, this has worked in the past with other strains.
My last organic grow with Sour Diesel from Humboldt farms needed this.
BTW, these girls have had 3 significant topping and defoliation already and they act like they wanna turn into monsters, silly.
I got the same strain growing outside presently and they look completely different 😊 oh well, live and learn.
Next time I’ll start the flower aspect earlier for this super cramped tent 👍

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Yeppers, checked on-time and off-time carefully and always double check every few weeks as my WiFi connection always correctly does its job, BUT damn good question!!
We’ve had a few power outages over the years for a few minutes, but it immediately resets its self perfectly.

Would high humidity change something, never did before, just got a new HD dehumidifier today and going to install it today, but with photos in the tent, never seen this. Normally with these lights the second I lower the time-on and kick in the flower side of the lights baby flowers appear with 3-5 days. Now14 days later it’s messing with me 😀

The hydro-thing has put a much different spin on things 😂

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

In retrospect seeing what NOW happens with RDWC I should have only planted 1 baby in a 4x4 tent
I would have controlled the Bushes easier

P

Putthataway

I have a kind lamp. Your plants look pretty much like mine did. I had one show flower in 6 days and another in 14. Every time I switch to flower I have a hard time with 12 hours. The timer shows auto, switches off at the programmed time, yet I return and it is on before the programmed time. I always switch it over on weekends because it takes a few tries .

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Interesting, Thanks for the input.
yeah the Kind X420 lights are 2.5 years old and I’ve been done grows with them nonstop since I got ‘em.
All, until now have been in co-co or organic. Photos and Autos.

I’ve never seen such vegetative explosion as with this simple RDWC now which is outpacing my vertical clearance unfortunately.
I’m gonna clear out the undergrowth this weekend on all the plants and install the trellis and start some serious training, but scary part is I only got 15” of clearance till these girls are gonna hit the lights 🥺 I may be doomed ?

Hate to toss this work and happy plants at this stage, hmmm.

Looking at a larger/taller tent already for my next grow for sure as I realy like this RDWC for it’s crazy growth and is such a nice “clean” way to grow. The old 4x4 is just too damn small in all aspects

My outdoor grow of the same genetics has thrown 14” long colas presently.
Live and learn 🙂

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

they are from known clones or seeds?
i've seen people being sent auto seeds instead of photos before, just a random though tho.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

i would also say for you to cover that sensor hanging, do a round ~8-10cm hood on it to shade it... you gonna get much more accurate readings this way, a must do with most sensors if not all of them, they heat a lot with direct light trowing off the readings.
you will see RH go up and temps go down pretty quickly ;-)

cheers

Last edited:
Dustytrails

Dustytrails

they are from known clones or seeds?
i've seen people being sent auto seeds instead of photos before, just a random though tho.
Seeds, Green Crack photos from Blimburn. I gave up on clones a few years ago due to bug issues from my supplier.

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

i would also say for you to cover that sensor hanging, do a round ~8-10cm hood on it to shade it... you gonna get much more accurate readings this way, a must do with most sensors if not all of them, they heat a lot with direct light trowing off the readings.
you will see RH go up and temps go down pretty quickly ;-)

cheers

Great points, I’ll incorporate that change as I install my new dehumidifier and some undergrowth clearing tomorrow night.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Great points, I’ll incorporate that change as I install my new dehumidifier and some undergrowth clearing tomorrow night.
last time i tested its was off by 3 degrees celcius and 8% RH without the hood in my environment.

probe sensors are less affected but still around 1.5c off.

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

The RH in a tiny tent with the amount of water cycling through there is hard to keep correct, especially in flower of course. 4 pots in a 4x4 is a touchy situation. The AC helps in the summer in stuffing dry air through, but been hesitant to turn it back on in the fall due to the $-thing. But I may have to at the first sign of flower…

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Well boys an girls this new form of growing for me has left me humbled.
Today is the 90th day since sprout, and as you can see I’ve run out of vertical clearance.

I’m considering taking out my filter and fan and putting it on the outside and flipping the fan to make the sucker into a pusher.
I’ve already reduced the light’s output and the plants seem quite happy, but super slow flower growth. To a point, I’m unsure bout these girls future.
I’ll give ‘em 2 more weeks and if they continue the ultra slow stacking, I’m gonna pull ‘em and toss them into the backyard recycling pile. The same strain outside is bout ready to harvest and is absolutely stunning.

I’ve learned a lot from the Sage folks here, and love the RDWC system and will continue to use it, but with some Autos next time 👍
IMG 7764
IMG 7765
IMG 7763

lowodorisbest

lowodorisbest

Looking great to me, I see flowers your on your way. You've done all the hard work and your plants look healthy, now the easy part. Just wait !

Think you'll be fine with a little training. You might have to play " whack a mole" for a while, but you can easily tie down the tallest flowers. I'm working with only 36 inches of vertical grow space and pull it off. I'm sure you can too unless this is a super tall stretchy strain.

3cats

3cats

Well boys an girls this new form of growing for me has left me humbled.
Today is the 90th day since sprout, and as you can see I’ve run out of vertical clearance.

I’m considering taking out my filter and fan and putting it on the outside and flipping the fan to make the sucker into a pusher.
I’ve already reduced the light’s output and the plants seem quite happy, but super slow flower growth. To a point, I’m unsure bout these girls future.
I’ll give ‘em 2 more weeks and if they continue the ultra slow stacking, I’m gonna pull ‘em and toss them into the backyard recycling pile. The same strain outside is bout ready to harvest and is absolutely stunning.

I’ve learned a lot from the Sage folks here, and love the RDWC system and will continue to use it, but with some Autos next time 👍
View attachment 2050867View attachment 2050866View attachment 2050865
I've had to take my lights off the hangers and zip tie the support wire to the top tent support pole, just to gain 4 more inches of space, You could gain 4-6 inches by removing those hangers

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Thanks team!
Yeah, we’ll see. The filter/ blower will have to be removed to get any further vertical height as the top of the lights are bumping the bottom of the horizontal filter presently.
But yeah they’re healthy just crazy slow flowering IMHO.

In my prior grows in this tent and lights (6) in co-co and organic soils I’ve Always been able to start flowering in a heartbeat no matter the strain or type.

I’ve upped slightly the “flower” quantity of General Hydroponics juice to try and promote a little more flowering.

The Full Spectrum side of my lights are now reduced to 50% and the Red +IR+UV are at 100% so far, but expect the Red side will need to be reduced first sight of burned buds.

As stated many times this type of growing IS THE SHIT 🏆 love it, just gotta refine my techniques that’s all

🌳🌲🪴🪴 Dusty

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Hey team, well the grow is now maxing out my tent but I think I can bring them home to final flower. My blower and filter are now outside the tent, my lights are within 5” from the top of my tent’s ceiling I dialed down the lights, thinking I’m close to final stretch as they’re starting to stack nicely
IMG 7782
IMG 7782

Latest posts

Top Bottom