Greencoast Hydroponics, "heavy 16 Cadilac Special Sauce Vol.2"

• Thread starter MendoAdome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Are you using Heavy16

• Total voters
Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

Im down with the Caddy sauce. I been running Heavy for a few years now. Got this PDF back a week or so ago. will use next run.

N

noone88

I don't like it when hydro shops create these feeding schedules. It seems like only the novice growers buy into this hype. I see 2 different PGR products used for a long period of time in flower. I see a ton of salt buildup and nutrient lockout. Oh, and I see tons of profit for the hydro store.

Sorry, long day in the garden. As our skills have gotten better, us growers realize you can do way more with way less.

N

noone88

Oh. And I used to be one of those novice growers. I remember shelling out some serious cash for a bullshit product called BC Crystal hah.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Thats the most overkill ridiculous feed schedule I've ever seen. Id like to see what your PPMs are after you put it all there recommend additives, I doubt youd have any room for base lol. Heavy Fire is supposed to be a all in one PK booster with all the bells and whistles with stuff like aminos, humics, kelps, hormones ect. And they have you adding Budswell, Purple Maxx, Rock Resinator, Prime and Heavy Fire all at the same time wtf. Thats a butt load of triacontinol.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

The PPM's are all stated. What PRG are you referring to?

the recommended additives and what the manufacturer recommends are two different things. Triacontanol enhances plant growth.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Ok so your adding less so you keep your PPMs in check got it, however...it just seems like your adding a lot of redundant ingredients and the heavy 16 line is considered complete. I dont see all your exta add ons making there line any better your just making a hell of a lot more confusing and expensive. The Heavy 16 line is ridiculously expensive as is. Adding all your extras would probably cost like $5 a gallon to run, you could just go out and buy top shelf flowers for cheaper and save yourself hours and hours of hard work. AND all the guys that kill it consistently getting 2+ pounds per light use very simple nutrients usually consisting of GH and a couple additives. Environment is king not some super expensive complicated nutrient calender.

Snake Oil

Snake Oil

Also to much triacontinol. which you would undoubtedly get by adding Fire, Resinator and Purple Maxx at the same will make your plants foxtail when there ripening even if you stop using it. Ive had great results using solely Heavy 16 base with no additives, when heavy 16 base first came out it was supposed to be a complete formula with no additives needed.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I ran the Cadilac Sauce version 1 a few years back. While I had good results with it.....I found it to be redundant in so many area's. I actually had better results just running H16 products and a weekly tea, then I stumbled upon Veg+Bloom and haven't looked back.

Heavy 16 is an AWESOME line. Bryce and his crew are RAD! That guy will talk your ear off with plant science......he knows what is up. If for some reason I start having issues with V+B......I will head right back to H16.

I LOVE the guys at GCHydro, I used to hang out at the LB store all the time shootin the shit with those guys. Hell I still order things from them because they carry things that are damn near impossible to find anywhere else. But at the end of the day, there job is to sell you things.

Ever notice that you don't see Veg+Bloom in ANY Hydro stores?

N

noone88

Ever notice that you don't see Veg+Bloom in ANY Hydro stores?

wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

You need to get your hands on the wholesale book from Sunlight or advanced nutrients. The profit margin on fertilizer is nuts.

I'll do you guys a solid and attach an old AN price list.

Hydro shop makes tons more money selling you 10-15 products.

View attachment Advanced Nutrients Price List (1).pdf
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
The people at Green Coast Hydroponics are nice folks.

But ,hardly any of them have a clue about growing cannabis.

Any feed schedule that GreenCoast has put out is designed for new Growers to Shell out their hard-earned money. If you're using the heavy 16 line of nutrients , pretty much the only additives you need are a little silicone and some beneficial bacteria.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

The heavy16 line its not really complete. Its a really good product line. One thing that needs to be added is silica and the bennies.

Just using H16 base is not going to get very good results. You need a higher P-K in the mid/late flowering to get good flower production.

Yea I've seen both Veg+Bloom and Shine and all of the other "jungle boy's stuff" even through they don't actually use it they just endorse it. lol

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

Whats supposed to be and what actually is are two different things.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

The heavy16 line its not really complete. Its a really good product line. One thing that needs to be added is silica and the bennies.

Just using H16 base is not going to get very good results. You need a higher P-K in the mid/late flowering to get good flower production.

Yea I've seen both Veg+Bloom and Shine and all of the other "jungle boy's stuff" even through they don't actually use it they just endorse it. lol
I could care less if Jack (aka Jungleboys) started using or endorsing it. I started using it after Ill Eagle posted a thread called 1 part powder in SoCal tap here on the farm a few years back......and the bottom line is it works and for a fraction of the cost of other lineups.

As far as H16 line not being complete goes....like you said, a little silica and bennies are a far cry from the Cadilac Sauce regimen. You have to admit that.

Oh.....and a few years back Jack (aka Jungleboys) used just H16 base with no additives on a run....here on the farm.....and pretty much crushed it compared to what a LOT of people do with a million things in their REZ. Nutes, while important, are not nearly as important as hydro stores would lead you to believe. Genetics, and environment are your biggest factors IMHO.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

Yea I hear its pretty good stuff, its just that it does not last very long. 1lb lasts about 75gal. I also heard that in the larger batches (25lb pail) that some deficiencies where arising such as mag and cal.

Sure that special sauce is a full regiment of additives. Be careful not to add more than 35% of your additives to your rezy. That's the whole purpose of that recipe to maximize the end result.

Using just base nutes is not going to produce an optimum result regardless of how you look at it. Although it is critical along with Light, Environment and water quality etc. I never said that using this sauce will give your top tier stuff. It will assuming that everything else is in check. No nutrient will outweigh a properly controlled environment. I know a lot of stores that not only just sell expensive nutes but also expensive environmental controls and systems to produce an optimal environment.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

The people at Green Coast Hydroponics are nice folks.

But ,hardly any of them have a clue about growing cannabis.

Any feed schedule that GreenCoast has put out is designed for new Growers to Shell out their hard-earned money. If you're using the heavy 16 line of nutrients , pretty much the only additives you need are a little silicone and some beneficial bacteria.

IMHO its about proper environmental control, lights and water that are most important. Nutrients are also important but not as much as the former.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

I also heard that GCH go through a training regiment for growing. I have not heard of any other store doing this.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

lol well that is something they don't usually sell. Its like MOAB but a lot cheaper. Pdx?

Top Bottom