Greengenes BOG Thread

• Thread starter Mr_GreenGenes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

irondonkey

I love just getting soil from my local store. Keeps it low key ;). And I ain't paying 60 dollars for shippig on a bag of promix lol
i am a fairly new to promix, i am on 2nd grow and the 1st grow i experienced serious ph issues late in flower using promix and general hydrponics -general organics(go box-bio line)..the og kush did come out decent but, had to harvest early because of the leaves loosing all color and drying up and falling off..i was running the ph at 6.2 to 6.7, i have been reading that promix ph should be lower in the 5.2-6.0 range, strains are og kush and ak48...do you know if this ph level is ok?? i have read so many different opinions, what has worked for you??? any help would be appreciated..it drives me nuts putting countless hours/dollars into grow and to have ph issues is gonna send me to the nuthouse..everyone who uses promix has a different ph level that works for them..

I

irondonkey

I leave my grow shop these days with only spending my cash on Fox Farm Ocean Forest, and Happy Frog soil, and some bulbs of course.. Looking good MGG my brother.. Less has worked out well for me too.. The Don..
i run mine at 5.8 to 6.2 as much as i can and that seems to be the sweet spot for me.i mix alot of dif brand nutes during flower so i get lots of dif ph with my r/o water,but if it falls between those numbers im happy.if its high i will add a dab of mollasas or some a/n hammerhead to bring it down.if its low ill add some humic acid or silica to bring it up.
i appreciate the feedback piehole, you are right in the range that alot of growers are using with promix..the nutes do bring the dechlorinated water ph level to 5.5-6.0..the nutes claim no ph ing needed..i will try the ph levels you are using and see what happens..the general organics big bud and bio bud blasted the buds hugh imo..

Max Frost

Max Frost

Not sure if this will really be helpful or not, but I'll throw it out there...

I used to run ProMix mixed with FFOF soil at a 50-50% mix. It's not really the same thing you're talking about because this is still a soil grow, whereas if you're running straight ProMix...it's really a soilless grow. However, I ran this mix with a little added dolomite lime and extra perlite and ran it at 6.3 and had beautiful results. I was also using the entire FF line of nutes (which was smaller back in those days). I couldn't tell that the ProMix brought a whole lot to the table, so I discontinued it and still had beautiful results. Hope you get your issues resolved!! Best, -Max

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
The thing with promix I've found is it's such a soiless medium. It has nothing. Feed feed feed feed. I only water once a week now and I'm having a lot better results. I run ppms up to 1200. I highly suggest adding 1 cup of dolomite lime to 1 cu foot (3 cups for a bale) for stability. In pro mix run a good amount of feed. I run my feed ph at under 6.2 and it's fine. I'm using the heavy 16 line up. With act teas as well.

I

irondonkey

The thing with promix I've found is it's such a soiless medium. It has nothing. Feed feed feed feed. I only water once a week now and I'm having a lot better results. I run ppms up to 1200. I highly suggest adding 1 cup of dolomite lime to 1 cu foot (3 cups for a bale) for stability. In pro mix run a good amount of feed. I run my feed ph at under 6.2 and it's fine. I'm using the heavy 16 line up. With act teas as well.
i will be adding the dol lime, i did feed the heck out of them in 1st grow(every 5-7days)75% strentgh w/general organics bio line, these nutes ph water around 5.5.-6.0 and the store i bought the promix(agway) from said to ph water at 6.0-6.5. i should not of increased the ph after adding nutes sounds like..do you run the ph at 5.8-6.2? i appreciate the suggestions,comments and have learned more here in a couple of hours than many days on other sites..should i flush before flowering to get old nutes/salts out?? i also water/feed appr 1 x wk, i go by weight of buckets..thanks to all for the info and the site to share..

I

irondonkey

i will be adding the dol lime, i did feed the heck out of them in 1st grow(every 5-7days)75% strentgh w/general organics bio line, these nutes ph water around 5.5.-6.0 and the store i bought the promix(agway) from said to ph water at 6.0-6.5. i should not of increased the ph after adding nutes sounds like..do you run the ph at 5.8-6.2? i appreciate the suggestions,comments and have learned more here in a couple of hours than many days on other sites..should i flush before flowering to get old nutes/salts out?? i also water/feed appr 1 x wk, i go by weight of buckets..thanks to all for the info and the site to share..
here is a ph/nute absorbtion chart that was sent to me, just in case someone else may need it, i was told that the promix chart would be the chart on right to follow.
100 9724

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I'd feed more then that. Specially if you water twice a week. Of it's too much, much easier to tell burn IMO then back off. I found with pro mix dolomite added go ahead and ph..'l if you run the same mites and are consistent just find how many ml to hit 5.8-6.2 (mine like 6-6.2) i feed twice an week

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Well now look at all the old fellas in here, how have ya all been? Mrgg, some damn fine workyou did in that room bro, great work on keepin em nice and structured, ya got fuckin weed domes in there.
My buddy just orded some bmr the other day actually, really hope he hits a good one in there.
So whats everyone been up to? Ya even got ole chicken in here, how are ya man? been ages

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Good to see ya Big B! Thanks for the kind words bro. Isn't too hard to keep em in line when youre workin with great genetics....I just add a lil dirt and some water. It sure is great seein some of the old crew here and still goin at it. Don't be a stranger Big B! :D MGG

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Hey man, ya I doubt ill be doing any grow threads or anything, keep planning to and it never happens, so can't say I will. But definitely gonna try and stop in to say hi more ofter, finally seem to have the grow itch back and miss talk plant I must say.

Max Frost

Max Frost

Hey man, ya I doubt ill be doing any grow threads or anything, keep planning to and it never happens, so can't say I will. But definitely gonna try and stop in to say hi more ofter, finally seem to have the grow itch back and miss talk plant I must say.

Great news old friend!! Always great to have you stop around. Look forward to catching up!

Best, -Max

Latest posts

Top Bottom