Greengenes BOG Thread

• Thread starter Mr_GreenGenes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Max Frost

Max Frost

Mgg, what are your 3 favorite BOG strains? If youcan nnarrow it down! Haha

^^Would love to hear your opinion on this as well... im very interested in BOG's strains :D

Right now I've gotta say either the Sour Bubble or the Sour Grape. I have yet to find a female in the Sour Strawberry beans so haven't been able to test that one yet.

Sour Bubble and Sour Grape are very similar. The SB is a little lighter in yield but has lots of nice purple goin on that the SG doesn't have. Would be hard for me to pick between the two. Ya might wanna try em both haha. Good luck fellas. MGG

I'll throw my hat into the ring on this one too! ;) I've grown out a number of BOG's strains, & can truly say I've never been disappointed in any of my choices! My three favs at this time are Sour Bubble, Sour Grape & Lifesaver. My SG pheno was very Sour Bubble-leaning. Both are extremely potent. Lifesaver (which I'm smoking this morning, btw) is also VERY potent! It's a wonderful pain med. I don't know what it is about it...but I can smoke some and literally feel my back, neck, shoulders and knees relax and ease off aching. It's almost like getting "lubed up"!! haha! Wonderful stuff...but very couchy! Excellent sleep meds too!

It's really hard picking three favs with BOG's gear! It's all wonderful! The sour strawberry is another strain I'm really excited about. With the genetics that are in there, there are some scary-ass keepers that are likely to be found. I have 2-1/2 packs just waiting for the right time. I'm going to go on a pheno hunt & see what all I can find. I'm hoping for a really nice Razz pheno and a nice Strawberry Cough pheno. The Sour Strawberry (from my limited experience with it so far) is a bit fussy and not a great yielder. She flowers fast though and the meds are very potent and flavorful. It's a really frosty strain too.

I used to run BOG's Blue Moon Rocks back around 2006-07. It was a house fav even back then. My keeper was extremely flavorful and frosty, and was a huge yielder. I've also grown out BOG Bubble, and while I never found the pink bubblegum pheno I was looking for, it was still top-shelf in every department!

My opinion on BOG's gear is that you can't really go wrong with any of it! It just depends on what traits are most preferable to you. You can find pretty much anything you're looking for amongst his genetics. One of the things I really love about BOG's gear is that it is all so fast-flowering!! You can literally get an an extra run or two each year that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. And BOG is def not one of those in it just for the money! As my good friend 1973Chemgrower likes to say...He's in it "To make dank, instead of bank"!! haha! Very well put, my brother!! I think the best deals on the planet in terms of sheer value are BOG's gear and also ROC's!!! Their prices are very, very low considering what you get!!! They could both be charging boutique prices for their stuff...and I can promise you it's more worthy than allot of the $200/pk gear you see listed...and getting it, but both these men care more about their craft and their customers than they do about shafting you for an extra few bucks! Hat's off gentlemen!!! :happy:

As I stated earlier...I don't think you'll go wrong with anything you select. As a first-time BOG grower though, I'd definitely recommend including Sour Bubble in your first grow. I don't think anybody will truly know what BOG's work is all about until they've grown & smoked it. It's his signature strain. (And for damn good reason)!! ;) Best, -Max

Max Frost

Max Frost

Also... I meant to make note of the fact that the Sour Grape was just a pleasure to grow! She was literally happy with anything I did to her. She had the best attitude of any plant I've grown. You could tell she was always in a happy mood, and was just glad to be alive and lovin' life in the garden! ;) She was extremely fast flowering and had the most beautiful structure. She never needed any extra support, even when fully loaded with big sticky buds! She must have been very spiritual too, because she was always in prayer! :angelic:

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Sour Bubble.. Built like a fire hydrant.. No staking, just like all of the bog gear I ran.. Good for sleep, appetite, pain, and great for my acid reflux.. All good choices bro.. Best finding yours.. DP

way2green

way2green

I am very interested bog gear. I have always read good things. I am not finding the sour grape though. I am seeing sour bubble and sour lsd

Max Frost

Max Frost

I know there are a lot of dutch breeders ripping his strains off. Looks like they r just renaming hish genetics.

Yeah, there are always rip-offs of the good stuff! The fact they're ripping it off just shows it's worthy in the first place. Stick to ordering from here and you're safe tho. Besides...where else can you order AND have access to the man himself if you have questions?!! Pretty cool!! ;)

I checked and THCBay appears to be out of stock on Sour Grape and Sour Strawberry right now. You can PM BOG to find out when the next drop will be. I'm sure it won't be long. BOG does a great job of keeping the Bay stocked up! They're certainly worth any wait!! Best, -Max

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Sour Bubble.. Built like a fire hydrant.. No staking, just like all of the bog gear I ran.. Good for sleep, appetite, pain, and great for my acid reflux.. All good choices bro.. Best finding yours.. DP
I agree 100% with DP and what Max. BOGs gear is the real deal and solid as fuck. Wanted to throw up a few pics of the latest Sour Bubble about to get the chop in a few more days. I love this strain. As far as smoke goes its a winner in all areas. Dark purple dense buds coated in frost. Wish I could grow a room full. MGG
SB FLOWER 8 6 14 1
SB FLOWER 8 6 14 2
SB FLOWER 8 6 14 3
SB FLOWER 8 6 14 4
SB FLOWER 8 6 14 5
SB FLOWER 8 6 14 7
SB FLOWER 8 16 14 10

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Hey green is that a natural luster on your leaves? They look so waxy and thick... Lotsa silica?
Yeah man...all natural. I don't use any of those additives and no sprays whatsoever. Just FF OF, the basic FF nute line and some good ol' Blackstrap mollasses. I've always found less to be more. I used Silica and a few other additives a cple yrs ago. Doing side by side run with the same strains, one with the addiditves and one w/o, made it plain to see that for me they just don't add anything that's worth me buying it and pouring it into the container. Thanks for the kind words bro. MGG

way2green

way2green

That is very intersting. What kinda of soil are u using? I would think your yield would dip a little.I have tried similar sampling but iI have such a rich soil mixture that I can get by with minimal nites. U r definitely doing something right!!!

Top Bottom