Greengoo's Goohead

• Thread starter Skunked
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunked

Skunked

As you can see I burned them moving them to the light week 1....recovered perfectly. Might have a small effect but nothing really imo.

Also didn't pull the copper out as early as I normally do and a slug got two leaves and of course it was one of the tops I nicely worked down and around exactly how I wanted. Nothing too bad tho either honestly.

But doing well for a 400 watt hortilux...moving soon will be doing a lot of testing with more of my lights.

Skunked

Skunked

Was avoiding this but added another 400 watt HPS to the bully, an Eye hortilux super HPS. Working to make it be as useful as possible until lights out where I can throw the extension addition to the timer.

Open light no hood on this one kind of have it towards the side of the plant.

Suggestions for angles or height anybody?

Skunked

Skunked

Lol got stuck in the garden when lights went out right when I decide I should dangle the light move above then sideways so left it as is, I travel for work this week too so the lights will still be out by work in the morning so I won't see them until Thursday! Hoping for some beefiness.

Junk

Junk

I have no idea what you are referencing....but if you mean you just left it hanging, for side lighting, I do that all the time.

Depending on the hood, the spread is only so far. So if you are single hood/single bulb the corners are weakly lit. I just use hanging CFL's to help cover those areas.

You can hang any bulb, but I've found the MH/HPS will smash easier than a CFL. If you get it wet...BOOM! CFL for hanging side light is just easier to work with, & safer. You don't have to be as delicate with them, & you aren't going to burn the daylights out of yourself if you touch it.

I just hang mine vertically.

Skunked

Skunked

Thanks for replying just wasn't sure if anyone sees better results one way or another, just leaving it as is with no hood

Junk

Junk

I definitely see better results using them vertically for side/corner lighting. As I'm sure you know, directly under the hood us usually the hot spot (meaning most intense) & no matter what measurement you prefer, as you go outwards, the intensity drops.

Many times it's not practical to run another hood setup, but it's usually easy to hang vertical lights.

The thing I like about CFL for this specific use as that they usually have vents near the top that don't get hot. You can run a zip tie through one of them & the balance will often let you hang it horizontally. So you still "hang" the light, but it will sit horizontally.

All you really need to look at is how those bulbs emit light. For CFL, if the bulb is hanging vertically, you are getting very little lighting upwards, a lot out of the sides, & a little at the bottom. So you want to hang it in whatever way is going to give you the most efficient use of it's dispersion pattern.

In a tent, I hung them vertically, because those were the weakest points, & I would get a fair amount of reflection from the mylar. In the current flowering room, it's more beneficial for me to hang the light low & balanced horizontally (you can't do this with hid obviously) because it makes the most use of the light.

EyeC

EyeC

@Skunked Everything is looking decent up in your garden. Nice work. As far as lights go? I'd get a Horti Blue in there when you get a chance. Your plants and the smells will thank you. :) I haven't done anything with vertical lighting, but i've been thinking about adding some in to my rooms.
@Junk imma hafta check out more of your work. ;)

Skunked

Skunked

@Junk definitely just took me until now to take all that in lol I read it once but the second time really hit all the ques. A hooded light definitely puts a lot of light as well as heat in a depleting manner and the unhooded light hanging horizontal I now have emits light at a more equal level, I have the light hanging about 2 feet and about 2 feet away from the plant with reflective mirrors enclosing it to a degree with a mirror above angling the light the plants direction also. Definitely helping the smaller buds and some branches closer the light above is doing well for the majority of tops.

Still going to be making as many rooms as I can so all your advice and knowledge is well taken, and will take it whenever. Thank you.

Skunked

Skunked

Also not a super cool picture but I thought it was neat I have reflective mirrors around the plant entirely to a white wall, and it really shows the spectrum even the picture looks as if it has a filter ///the plant that is

Junk

Junk

Also not a super cool picture but I thought it was neat I have reflective mirrors around the plant entirely to a white wall, and it really shows the spectrum even the picture looks as if it has a filter ///the plant that is

Just be mindful with mirrors as they can also reflect heat. I have some I use from time to time as well. Just watch the plant & make sure you aren't cooking it...because I have done that before lol.

The vertical/horizontal thing isn't a huge difference. What I mean is (although I think you get it) I have a smaller plant in the flower room. If I hang that CFL vertically over it, it doesn't get much light, because they emit light out the sides, not the top & bottom. If I hang that bulb horizontally, I'm now emitting light up/down, forward & back...but not left & right. Which for what I'm using it for, is perfect. Once that little plant is done, the bulb will be hung vertical again.

A CFL like that, is kind of like a cold can of coke, an upside down one for my illustration. The bottom is curved, so not much coldness will be emitted from there, the part where you would open it, is fairly flat, you will get some coldness emitted from there (which is the bottom of a vertical CFL for purposes of illustration), but the majority of "coldness" will come from the walls of the can. If you wanted to cool your forehead off with the can, you would probably hold it horizontally across your forehead, because that is where the most cooling power will come from. Those CFL's work the same way, just with light. So it's whichever way will give you the light dispersion you want.

But overall, I'm a big fan of side lighting.

Skunked

Skunked

lol well said well said, i believe at times I do emit too much heat right now it's @ 82F with a few mirrors above removed so I can see what going on.

Definitely giving bud sights a lot more light than they were getting, a lot resin being produced, chunking up too think I'll end up having to tie some of the larger tops on small side branches too, as most of the tops are already tied and looking beastly. Have troubles getting good pictures of them because of where they are sitting and tied. I'll see what I can do and get some feedback also if you don't mind...

Skunked

Skunked

So a few things about Goohead or Bully, in my hands...tied it down or around or some sort of bondage to open up the entirety of the plant as well as force semi large colas from a horizontal bend of a branch and it does just that and very well the main top has about 9 larger buds that are packing very tight they get chunkier everyday. Along with all of the side branches each produces a fairly large chunky cola (at 4 weeks or 30 days to be exact) along with the lowers being fairly similar, along with a lot of them also doing their own thing and in me eyes pushing to be a 4-5g bud...can't even say it has yet to really get its pack on as most of that happens in the finally 2 weeks but stops growing around that time and focuses on swelling.

Definitely a lovely strain this one particularly has a musky grape smell I love it also pick up on that pink medicine you old heads speak of, very nice. Puts on a lot of resin the big buds just glitter, produces a lot of pistils looks pretty. Definitely a nice amount of buds. Can't wait to grab an led after this move and really get my veg on...going to do a lot of focusing on certain plants like to hold onto genetics and have a large selection but really want to see what I can find out of these strains that interest me...hoping to pull some gems...anyways giving it about another 4 weeks.

Skunked

Skunked

In the way back is the exact branch in talking about making many colas..even the underneaths turned to nice buds

Skunked

Skunked

Sorry I post a lot of pictures in this thread, if I come off annoying my bad lol this hobby just makes me some type of and this "community" gets me hyped...glad I found it and sticking around. Hope I'm not ruining this for anybody, loving this plant though...believe it or not plan to keep it around forever, glad I didn't pop the entire pack, and going to hopefully grab more...something I will definitely use to cross and in crosses...for personal use and goo and those he doesn't mind messing with it. @Tnelz cant wait to see yours man, definitely looking forward to seeing this bud at even higher quality...it's dank man. Mine personally is just straight white in some really really close pictures you can see small sucker leaves with hues of purple but I know this plant can push out a full on purple hue covered in crystals, looks like candy blockhead is a bomb strain and the afghani used in this is definitely seen in the dense golf ball nuggets...such an awesome smell too legit one of my favorites, slightly varies too but it's all wonder...the grape scent you pick up on is my favorite but it's followed with a real dank dank kind of musky smell, also maybe a little "berry" smelling. Goos blockhead was definitely a peach...and its sticking around, just in general for the constant smoke of it...I'm in love. Again, have some ideas I want to try for personal preference tryna lock down a complete grape shit...not even for the purp just the smell and I'll assume and would like to the taste. Anyways I'm rambling, and am definitely asking everyone to give me and tips or point out any flaws, I'm younger to say the least and respect my elders, and would love to learn from any of you. Also here to help. But here's a few pictures @ 33 days. The main top again is tied down and you can see the tip itself just turned straight up... Looks funny lol. Nice resin production though, really digging it. And myself think it can be even better grown perfect, as I am not.

Skunked

Skunked

Also have some blue dream x ghost og, Mass Super Skunk x ghost og Tga Qush I believe hit with ghost og lol uhhhh wifi x lemon alien from laplata labs and a bubble gum strain from another buddy all popping or popped up...the wifi being my main focus right now was up and stretching...transplanted to a solo cup...all the other besides the bubble gum were started straight in solo cups...always for the most part do that. Gonna body out some clones and see what's good.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
The tga was not hit with the ghost it wasn't found at the same time it's like a year older ..or so I have heard;)

Skunked

Skunked

But this is a focus on not only the strain but the breeder forum, definitely not dick riding just standing by what I believe, shits fire. GreenGoo is one of if not my favorite breeder...all his stuff has been dead on to what he claims and if not it's because it's even better...definitely all gems and I swear he tells me about a new cross everyday and I just wonder how how how, where do you get the time lol? Because he really works the mother and father of the plant, he goes goes and goes until he finds exactly what he is looking for...doesn't settle for less and does a bomb ass job. Haha really rambling finally came across some bomb from a really close buddy...I'm flamed.

Peaceeeee SX

Top Bottom