Outdoorhydropile

Today
DA3819DC 399D 4738 8705 B69F2BD43B55
10 days ago
C2FC8D30 7319 4107 9FAC 9ACB86718BBD

tobh

tobh

Supporter
not sure how i missed this thread, but damn... making the dream of owning land to do outdoor hydro even more intense. out of curiosity have you ran other outdoor hydro setups? like, dutch buckets or NFT?

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

not sure how i missed this thread, but damn... making the dream of owning land to do outdoor hydro even more intense. out of curiosity have you ran other outdoor hydro setups? like, dutch buckets or NFT?
No, this is my first attempt but I’m guessing both would work well!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
No, this is my first attempt but I’m guessing both would work well!
forgive me if you mentioned this, but your buckets look to be about 30 gallons. is that accurate? i was just in a mix of awe and envy looking at all the pics haha.

i did dutch buckets in my tent last year after watching entirely too many commercial tomato and cucumber growers on youtube using the technique. with the lessons learned, i think your setup is much more ideal given the length of the growing season outdoors. ran into the drains clogging constantly because the roots didn't know how to stay in their own damn area. dutch buckets might work with clones started in say, July so they don't have a full summer to build the root mass. all that to say, your system obviously grows trees, and it's awesome!

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

forgive me if you mentioned this, but your buckets look to be about 30 gallons. is that accurate? i was just in a mix of awe and envy looking at all the pics haha.

i did dutch buckets in my tent last year after watching entirely too many commercial tomato and cucumber growers on youtube using the technique. with the lessons learned, i think your setup is much more ideal given the length of the growing season outdoors. ran into the drains clogging constantly because the roots didn't know how to stay in their own damn area. dutch buckets might work with clones started in say, July so they don't have a full summer to build the root mass. all that to say, your system obviously grows trees, and it's awesome!
Hey man, the sites are actually 68 gallons each. They’re used organic pickle drums. Lol. Mine could potentially get clogged. Or slow the drain. But I believe my pump keeps the roots clear of the drain. I’m just guessing tho, plants are too big to pop them out anymore. I had roots to the bottom of the sites a month ago so I can imagine they’re down there just spinning!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Hey man, the sites are actually 68 gallons each. They’re used organic pickle drums. Lol. Mine could potentially get clogged. Or slow the drain. But I believe my pump keeps the roots clear of the drain. I’m just guessing tho, plants are too big to pop them out anymore. I had roots to the bottom of the sites a month ago so I can imagine they’re down there just spinning!
HOLY SHIT! 68 gallons each?! I agree with @Aqua Man you're gonna need to host a raise the roof party. Stretch is gonna be insane with those hydro trees you're growing. making every vertical bulb, undercurrent indoor tree grower's wet dream come true man lol

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Some impressive stuff in here for sure. Might have to put the hoop house on blocks otherwise your gunna have to supercrop heavy. Well done!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Grab the chainsaw and cut a flat canopy, trim all lower branches off. Supercrop scrog. . and keep tucking and trimming lower off until you see flowers. Have the scrog on poles so you can slowly raise the canopy line with the plant growth. I just would make sure its all lined out before flower though. You wont hurt them buy cutting half that out. Its only veg and at least this way you can customize it. You can make each plant have 30 large colas. . or 20 extra lage ones. I'd just look at this as building a sturdy lower branching system. Hell you do it right and you might not need to scrog.

Last edited:
MacroLogos

MacroLogos

View attachment 1249432
Hey guys! I’ve started a greenhouse hydro grow and I thought it would be cool to do a grow diary. I’ve got a bunch of pics to follow, and I’ll keep posting updated as the season progresses. Questions, comments, suggestions all welcome.
Real quick to get you up to speed, I have 12/68 gallon grow sites fed by a passive ebb and flow system of my design. I’m running cutting edge solutions nutrients full line/ full strength. The system is fed by a 900 gallon reservoir that’s currently at 1200ppm, 70 degrees, 6.3 ph. Girl Scout cookies extreme, gg#4, and Bruce banner. Two of each in hydroton, and 70/30 coco/ pearlite. 🤞🤞View attachment 1249416View attachment 1249418View attachment 1249419View attachment 1249420View attachment 1249421View attachment 1249422View attachment 1249423View attachment 1249424View attachment 1249425View attachment 1249426View attachment 1249428View attachment 1249429
View attachment 1249430
Awesome setup! What's your general location?

What was the total cost for the greenhouse part of the setup (frame,plastic,chain link,etc...)?

Latest posts

Top Bottom