Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt

• Thread starter Outdoorhydropile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

Nice score on the hh. How tall do you wish you had gotten it? It's what, 10' at the apex?, but quickly tapers off.
I think it’s actually like 9’ or just over. I’m considering raising the sides 4’ next year..

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

Grab the chainsaw and cut a flat canopy, trim all lower branches off. Supercrop scrog. . and keep tucking and trimming lower off until you see flowers. Have the scrog on poles so you can slowly raise the canopy line with the plant growth. I just would make sure its all lined out before flower though. You wont hurt them buy cutting half that out. Its only veg and at least this way you can customize it. You can make each plant have 30 large colas. . or 20 extra lage ones. I'd just look at this as building a sturdy lower branching system. Hell you do it right and you might not need to scrog.
I have a plant chopping phobia.. 😳😰 lol

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

Im also thinking because its a green house that it will be counter productive to have a flat canopy. You got lights on all sides basically. Do what u do cause it looks better than anything i can grow.
In the design stages of this build I considered lining all the sites up along one side of the greenhouse and doing a scrog on a 45 degree angle facing the southern sky.. I decided against it.. I really don’t like cutting plants.. I been growing for a long time, lots of mistakes, and failures along the way. But if you take the time to educate yourself the successes start adding up!

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

😮
209D1F86 870D 4AD6 9FAC 77C784D45B4B
2EBAF57F 8A7B 4E6F B07D B1DBFD3550DB

steamroller

steamroller

Welp.. I can’t stand these beauties growing into plastic.. I’m gonna raise the roof 5’.. picking up the pipe Monday.. stay tuned.. lol
Nothing but love for you brother!
The effort you have invested is a turning out very well.
Continue on as you should.
Leave the fence or place a net now at same or lower level or prepare to work harder.
Just saying man. 🤔
You got it going on man !!

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

I rolled up the film and stripped the chain link off the south side today, north side to follow.. that Bruce banner in coco ready to break loose!! Lol View attachment 1268591View attachment 1268592
That is a nice solid simple solution.

Did you consider just cutting out the top middle section of chainlink and leaving the sides? We have to fence in outdoor crops here.

You could even slit the plastic along the apex so you could fold it open or closed...

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

That is a nice solid simple solution.

Did you consider just cutting out the top middle section of chainlink and leaving the sides? We have to fence in outdoor crops here.

You could even slit the plastic along the apex so you could fold it open or closed...
What I’m planning to do is raise the roof 5 foot by adding straight legs to each hoop. And then the chain link and film will go back on. It’s a battle with PM in my climate so I don’t even like them getting wet lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom