Greenhouse ideas .....tell me what you think

• Thread starter Anson.etx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Anson.etx

So I'm planning on building a greenhouse here in Texas in preparation for the coming change in laws, and I know there is no guarantee they will change but hell I can grow veggies year round until they do. So please tell me if my plans will work or even make sense.

I have the land and a very secluded location where I live with plenty of free sunlight available. The biggest problem in my part of the state will be summer heat so my main construction plan is to build an underground greenhouse and use geothermal tubes and roof vents to regulate the temperature year round. The wall and floor construction will be concrete blocks and concrete floor all sealed with a moisture barrier. The plans that I am trying to workout are for a building that is 30 x 40 for the perimeter with walls 8 feet tall and a semicircle roof with the proper greenhouse cover plastic ( still need to figure out what material will be best ) for best light penitration and durability against the intense sun here.

My big questions are how many plants, what kind of spacing, how much and what kind of supplemental lights (hid led) and the biggest is my plan for a retractable black out roof t regulate light for flowering? Do people have success with things like that in a greenhouse and can I increase my production with this method?

I'm pretty dang handy with a welder and construction so I'm not afraid of the work and I can supplement a lot of the cost by doing 90% of the work myself. So please give me some input and advice as I'm still a newbie and only truly know what I have read and watched but I'm always ready to learn. Thank

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Go with higher walls, that will give hot air a place to go and space for the cannabis, which can easily reach 8'-12' tall. Spacing for big trees is around 12' on centers, and if you can afford giving more space do so. This is mostly for ease of handling and tending during growing.

The rest of it I can't really help you with.

K

kolah

I have never seen a male Seamaiden. ;) SM is a gal.

AS far as GH stuff goes I suggest reading all the posts in the GH forum as there are tons of good info there. Then if your questions are not answered hit us up.

As far as the laws go, it really doesn't matter what laws your state may pass...because it's still 100% illegal in the eyes of the feds. My advice is to keep it as stealth as possible.

Top Bottom