• Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gooey

very nice, mucho gracias...this is a great design....peace n puffs

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`d like to make one a little higher maybe add two lenths of PVC pipe with a short piece of rebar through it? also longer and cut out the plywood on the ends and put some plastic over it so more light gets through? But it`s a good idea for starters. Anyone know how you would go about making it have raised sides so there is more hight on the sides? Wouldn`t want to waste that side space as it`s to short along the sides for taller plants.

j wizzle

j wizzle

make a 2x4 frame/wall on the side how tall you want it, maybe 2'-3'. longer rebar and apply the same hoop style. should work exactly the same but the hoop wont start until the top of your wall.

D

Deflectohead

just thought i'd give a heads up that my buddies built these for their blue dreams last season in Trinity Co and ended up having issues with strong winds in the fall snapping a good amount of their pvc. they built them taller using 15 ft pvc sections on each peace of rebar and used 4 way pvc connectors with glue to connect the pvc (thier alternative to pic 7 on that link) at the top/middle instead of using single pieces of pvc to run the width of the hoop house. i think the added height was the reason for the wind issues. definitely needed reinforcement of some sort... or just keep it low and do some serious LST

Top Bottom