Greenhouse Seeds Review

• Thread starter BirdDog1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I've never grown any GHS strains. I do think they were once a worthwhile seed co, but maybe not so much anymore. I have to admit, I do enjoy their strain hunter series.

outwest

420alldaze

420alldaze

no gh or samsara for me. my son took care of that. spicy white devil? big budz of junk. not my style,but glad someone is keeping them in buisness

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

I've never grown any GHS strains. I do think they were once a worthwhile seed co, but maybe not so much anymore. I have to admit, I do enjoy their strain hunter series.

outwest

Yes! Strain hunters, I don't think there is a person here that don't want to go looking for landrace.

420alldaze

420alldaze

yeah whats up bird ? troll? wow. i wont even dignify that with a response. what i will say,in more detail than before. my son spent a fortune on seeds from them and there was no fire to be had. im talkin' acapulco gold,airy, soapy tasting, no yeild at all.and mutations. the sour diesel( and they should really be ashamed of calling it that) decent looking buds and some taste, but no where near any kind of sd ive ever hit. and spicy white devil. which did produce nice looking buds, no flavor, no taste.all in all, a bust for any keepers and a waste of space. and like i said before, im glad someone can find something decent from them to keep them in biz.

peacentreez bird

oh and thanks outwest, guess the opinions werent supposed to posted here:)

G

GreenHouseSeedCoripoff

Dear Sir or Madam at Green House Seed Co.

I recently purchased two of your nicely packaged souvenir disk.

Disk S/I mix A:
Bad disk; when paint was soaked away it exposed already sprouted seeds with paint seepage into the sprouted seeds rendering them nothing but a souvenir reminder of something bad. Obvious to me someone let these seeds soak too long in the “wet” paint solution, and the “wet” as in water part caused them to sprout prematurely while at your factory; not good. Intentionally or not “You” sprouted these seeds at your factory rendering them useless to your customers.

Even worse fear

Disk B&W Mix:
I have not opened fearing surely the same results. Can I return this unopened souvenir disk for a refund and at least recover about 30% of my losses considering shipping cost to me from your reseller and the return shipping back to you which I am willing to pay.

The seller of your product also sold me a souvenir plastic container with 5 unpainted seeds from a different factory which all 5 are doing what they are supposed to do! These were B-Widows; in dirt; in water; in between moist paper towels, all did what they were supposed to do! This eliminates the thought of airport security zapping yours and their souvenir seeds.

I would like to hear from you and give a fair chance to make this purchase right before I blog explaining the hazards of decorative “wet” paint causing premature sprouting and disguising this manufacturing flaw.

I preferring not to blog at all; however I would prefer to blog having said: Green House Seed Co. responded positively and replace damaged in shipping souvenir; their customer service is great as well as their products. Blog or not, you tell me.

This is Green House Seed Co. way of doing dirty business:
“We do not send cannabis seeds or grow-info to persons living in the United States”. And with this statement they will not accept my email

Use your common sense which I had none when considering dipping a seed into a “wet” color coating solution causes sprouting?????????shame on me for not having this thought before I was scammed.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Of course GHS won't respond to someone in America, its illegal. GHS is a legitimate seedbank in Europe and they are not gonna break the law and ruin there reputation for 1 customer. I bought some color coated seeds and I never had this problem, but, it happened to you because thats what happens when a company gets so big they lose interest in quality and focus on quantity, some customers get good stock and others get bad ones.

dirk d

dirk d

My first pack of seeds were the Super Lemon Haze. All 5 of my seeds germ'd no problems. I got to say I love my Super Lemon Haze and still run it to this day. However i won't be buying any more GHS strains, especially some color coated ****, wtf is that?

But thanks Birddog for the review! great job.

nebulius

nebulius

Yea where is the disconnect with GHS? Strain Hunter is really cool. Looks like they spend a lot of money searching out different strains and probably spend a lot developing them too.
So are the breeders they hire crap? Are they rushing strains to market before stabilizing? Are they overproducing and lacking quality control? All three?

I think this company could be turned around if the owner spent sometime on the net reading reviews and did some house cleaning. But when you think you're the King of Cannabis it doesn't really matter what the "Serfs" say.

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

This is the first positive post about GHS I have ever seen or read unless it was coming from GHS directly (they are a legend in there own minds..LOL). Everything I have ever read about GHS was negative.

They were a good company back in the day before certain key staff left the company which it is obvious that the people that left were the main contributors. Anyone who has tried the older stuff from GHS before the break up can tell you that the current gear is NOTHING like the previous products.

They like to talk about how great they are and how they invented the White Widow strain among others...bla...bla..bla...which is total BS of course. It amazes me how GHS can be so apparently knowledgeable about something, and yet still suck at it........

If they would put forth HALF the effort into there beans as they do there production videos like The Strain Hunter, they would have the best product on the market hands down! IMHO; GHS is the very LAST place I would look for quality medicinal genetics.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hummm...

Honnestly i'm no longer willing to buy anything which isn't worth a package that protects such merchandise from air, light and water. How much does this impact seeds? Is there a link to be made relatively to "paint" issues?...

I have no idea how they do it but I'm sure its non-toxic, maybe food grade color?? IDK, but your right about their packaging, it sucks.

deep buddy

deep buddy

two things id like to add here

the cheese or exodus cheese( thats what my freebie was marked exodus cheese) was the bomb period. i would blow out the pheno i had anytime, and would suggest that fruity skunk lovers grab some. really just like the exodus description fake blue cheese muffins smell , and serious intense creeper head. very surprised by this one.

and on the lemon skunk, there are keeper phenos there too. fwiw.

and this is coming from some one who would like to punch arjan and franco in the nuts with brass knucks.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
You have gotta love how the person rates the Freebie which is not GHS as the highest out of 10...lol

waayne

waayne

BirdDog1 I'm glad you had such a positive experience with GHS
How about some pics of that GHS dank?

I'll share my experience with GHS, it's a little different than yours........

It has been my experience that Greenhouse Seed Company is one of the worst seed companies you can find...........

I have found most of their gear is very unstable and has many hermaphrodite issues....
I've grown out over 20 GHS strains over the last 12-14 years and have to say their gear was the worst quality when compared to Paradise,Sensi,Serious ,or Dutch Passion.....

I have tried repeatedly when in the Dam to talk to Arjan about his seed quality but he didn't want to talk with me about it at all>>funny thing was he was all ears when we were talking about some Cali genetics that I had that he was interested in......o_O

Sure, people including myself do find keepers out of GHS gear ,but GHS gear is a joke compared to quality genetics like Top Dawg,Golden Lion,Alien, Divine,Pisces,Mota Rebel,Hortilab,OGRaskal,etc
The last keeper I found was a delicious Super Lemon Haze >>it took looking at 40 females to find that keeper>>in stark contrast I popped 2 Feminized Arctic Diesel seeds from Divine Genetics

Both phenos were AAA quality with powerful long lasting highs......
I kept the pheno that smells and tastes like Cherry Koolaid,it kinda makes the Super Lemon Haze from GHS look weak......

Every seed company on the Farm has superior genetics............

BirdDog1 you're not gonna find much love for Arjan or his seed company here at the farm.

You may be able to convince people at rollitup or ICMAG that GHS is high quality genetics, but not here!:)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

two things id like to add here

the cheese or exodus cheese( thats what my freebie was marked exodus cheese) was the bomb period. i would blow out the pheno i had anytime, and would suggest that fruity skunk lovers grab some. really just like the exodus description fake blue cheese muffins smell , and serious intense creeper head. very surprised by this one.

and on the lemon skunk, there are keeper phenos there too. fwiw.

and this is coming from some one who would like to punch arjan and franco in the nuts with brass knucks.

I've heard the same thing, that Cheese is the only good strain from GHS.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

@waayne-Arjan was interested when you talked about great genetics from Cali, then he ignored you when you wanted to talk about his seed quality, that fucked up, DJ Short got his original Blueberry genetics basically stolen from him by some seedbank/breeders in Amsterdam. I don't know which seedbank did that to DJ, but I think it was Dutch Passion and I could be wrong.

deep buddy

deep buddy

You have gotta love how the person rates the Freebie which is not GHS as the highest out of 10...lol
for clarity , all the greenhouse seeds ive ever popped were freebies, and the exodus cheese is a good rep of a half real deal cheese, but compared to the swill i see around here id still blow it out and have kids like "WOW"

and the lemon skunk i have may or may not be GHS, but its a keeper for sure.

my main problem with greenhouse is that they seem to care more about $ than about getting the dankest strains out. kinda a "good enough" attitude. "good enough" isnt good enough for my lungs .

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I guess I meant the non-GHS seeds he grew vs. GHS, and how the non-GHS seeds got the highest rating.

Top Bottom