Greenhouse Vs Indoor

• Thread starter WiseGorilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Light Dep vs Indoor

• Total voters
Underthesun

Underthesun

I don't light dep, my buds turn out very dense with the right strain when harvesting in the Fall. Just as dense as indoor. High elevation, strong sun.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I'd try light depping if I could be home all summer. I was under the impression that you end up with larfy buds if its too hot out during flowering. Do the hot temps affect your bud desnsity when light depping in mid summer?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Does anyone think that properly grown light dep can be as good as indoor grown? Im talking top shelf.
No. My indoor is far better than my buddies greenhouse weed. Its just easier to grow when you have the sun(and cheaper). In an indoor setting you have to supplement your light to mimic the nanometers of the sun(unless you know your light science you are just buying bulbs with good advertising to back them).

Screenshot 2016 06 07 14 57 36
Screenshot 2016 06 05 12 55 15
Underthesun

Underthesun

No. My indoor is far better than my buddies greenhouse weed. Its just easier to grow when you have the sun(and cheaper). In an indoor setting you have to supplement your light to mimic the nanometers of the sun(unless you know your light science you are just buying bulbs with good advertising to back them).
"Far better". Sounds like your buddy needs to read up and get some new genetics then.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Indoor growers that sell are always going to claim theirs is better, they have to because they have to sell it for more to make a profit since it costs more to grow...doesn't mean its true. Smoke and mirrors.

SpiderK

SpiderK

also ....

it depends how much cash you have. a $20 million dollar greenhouse in europe or cali has custom made glass after they come on-site and measure the sun before its built. and they spray the roof once a year with another coating ( for other reasons ) for 3-4 months, then remove this at the proper time. ..... etc, etc ..., and if its 3-5 football fields in length, it also has 3-5 different environments that the plant passes through from start until finish ( conveyors ).

you have many different levels of greenhouse quality.

** this is one of 5 rooms, all connected.
Trip 06

Iiuokln

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
"Far better". Sounds like your buddy needs to read up and get some new genetics then.
Hahaha we run the same cuts and same seeds. I wonder why people lie about their outdoor weed being indoor all the time... if outdoor is so much better. I also see a lot of outdoor growers with low standards. A little pm here or a few bugs there.. its ok to them but i dont consider their product medicine with bugs and mold.

Last edited:
grayarea

grayarea

heh. selecting a location for outdoor and paying for it with cash is the same effect as light dept in the long run.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Sampled a couple different outdoor cup winning flowers and while they were pretty good but they still dont compare today proper indoor flowers IMO.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I'd try light depping if I could be home all summer. I was under the impression that you end up with larfy buds if its too hot out during flowering. Do the hot temps affect your bud desnsity when light depping in mid summer?
No, the heat surely does not make the bud larfy at all, in fact I have seen the largest nugs from buds that were depped between July and August; last year had a fruit punch that weight over 200 grams, one solid bud and not an inch of mold. Hot temps indoors fucks everything up, and honestly I don't have an answer for why its this way that hot temps negatively affect indoor but positively affect outdoor but from my experience thats how it goes. Flowering outside in the peak of the sun will absolutely produce the best flower, indoor will be a thing of the past as soon as interstate commerce is allowed to happen and the cannabis consumers are allowed to try full light depped weed: a lot of people have had late summer light dep without knowing it because of the fact that almost every pound produced in that part of the summer gets sold as indoor. If you have not light depped flower from the July-August, do so you will be very happy indeed.

SpiderK

SpiderK

.... a few more pics of my buddies greenhouse. the back area, you can see the racks the flowers travel on. all his feeding is done by foliar spraying and the computer drives the entire place. he has an app on his iphone that lets him know if anything falls out of line (humidity, oxygen, CO2, circulation and temperature control). it controls everything.

Ultra

Pict2865

Pict2862 1

Pict2859

Orchdis new 7

New orchids 5

Orchid new 4

Last edited:
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Well here is a little something to drop on those doubting the power of light depo. This was from a Bruce banner plant grown in a 20 gallon and yielding just shy of a half p. I don't really care for the strain much but feel that this information is rather pertinent to this conversation:

Last edited:
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Well here is a little something to drop o. Those doubting the power of light depo. This was from a Bruce banner plant grown in a 20 gallon and yielding just shy of a half p. I don't really care for the strain much but feel that this information is rather pertinent to this conversation:View attachment 617957

1/2 p in a 20 gallon??
seems a bit low to me..
Would get 3 to 4 times that much in our GH light depo if we put in a nice size veg plant, 3 feet tall to start..

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

1/2 p in a 20 gallon??
seems a bit low to me..
Would get 3 to 4 times that much in our GH light depo if we put in a nice size veg plant, 3 feet tall to start..
You're right, It was small! It went in at a foot high but yeah yielded low. The quantity wasn't the point though, I was shocked by the actual numbers and feel that it serves as evidence to what anyone who had pulled down proper dep already knows; the sun can grow the best quality cannabis

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
You're right, It was small! It went in at a foot high but yeah yielded low. The quantity wasn't the point though, I was shocked by the actual numbers and feel that it serves as evidence to what anyone who had pulled down proper dep already knows; the sun can grow the best quality cannabis
Now your cooking..
But whatever..I will not bitch after what I saw in New Zealand, like 25 years ago if caught growing straight to jail. difficult to connect.. can get from a friend of a friend, meet me a 3, never shows, expensive and at best just so so..
I did come across some real nice sativa but most is maybe so so.We are spoiled rotten....

Top Bottom