Greenleaf Cal/Mag?

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

I have been spending a lot of money on Cal/Mag, specifically Botanicare. Has anyone here used Greenleafs Cal/Mag?

If it works, it will save me hundreds of dollars. I'm just worried because I don't want it to fubar my plants. I don't plan on running any of their other nutes, just the Cal/Mag.

N

nightmarecreature

No one really? Enough to make 128 Gallons for $29.

I'm just worried and I don't want to lock my plants up. I guess I will just order a smaller size and report back with the results.

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

i clicked on watch thread hoping someone would have the answer also. please do report your findings, i'm very interested.

N

nightmarecreature

I've read all I could about Green Leaf logic grow and bloom. Most people seem to not like it, a few do. I'm not interested in the bases because I'm pretty happy with House & Garden. I just want a cheaper Cal/Mag solution. I use Botanicare Cal/Mag at 3-7ml per gallon.

Natural

Natural

It seems to be 1/4 the price of Botanicare..but what forms are they using??..chelates..citrics..chlorides?? seems the answers are hard to find. You could buy your own chelates in bulk like Seamaiden and JaliscoKid. Customize that ratio.
I'm using CaliMagic in sparing amounts. Foliar with Epsom salts and Ph up with Calcium Chloride (Nectar for the Gods). Stretches my Calmag a bit...but I think I liked Mag-i-Cal better and gonna make the switch back when I run out.

N

nightmarecreature

My hydro store sells one quart of Cal/mag for $25. 128 gallons from green leaf for $29 is far more than a 1/4 of the price. If it works, that will last me 5 years. 1 quart vs 128 gallons is crazy.

I used to use magnesium sulfate, you don't want that on your roots. It kills all your beneficial microbes. You can foliar spray it and it will keep pm away and give you magnesium but if done too often, it seems to mess up my leaves.

I know they sell clone nutrients, problem is you can't clone nutrients, you can only copy the NPK ratios because what's in the bottle is never listed and each brand is different.

Also never use a new product without checking ppm first. The directions on just about every nutrient I've tried are wrong.I will measure what my ppm is with just the Botanicare Cal/Mag at 5ml per gallon. Then I will add the Greenleaf Cal/Mag a gram at a time till it matches the the Botanicare cal/Mag ppm. It won't be perfect but will get me in range.

N

nightmarecreature

Well it's a no go for me.! I just read what's in it. It's Calcium Nitrate which is ok, trace minerals ok. The other ingredient is magnesium sulfate! Magnesium Sulfate will kill all your good beneficial microbes! Sulfur in macro amounts is ok but that is way too much!
I would steer clear of their products, if I'm right and it contains magnesium sulfate, they don't know what the hell they are doing. Magnesium Nitrate is what you want, not magnesium sulphate. I guess I'm stuck buying Botanicare.

Greenleaf Cal/Mag
Calcium Nitrate
Magnesium Sulfate

Botanicare Cal/Mag
Calcium Nitrate
Magnesium Nitrate

Magnesium Sulfate and Calcium Nitrate aren't even compatable.

"Unlike sulphates, Magnesium Nitrate can be mixed with Calcium Nitrate in the same tank and applied together. Magnesium is the central molecule of chlorophyll, without it photosynthesis will not occur." A commercial fertilizer company

Last edited:
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Hay guys here is the cal-mag I use I love it, its good shit maynard :) it wont harm ur bennies, 4 mil per gal, my store sells it for 27 a liter
DSC05633
DSC05635
DSC05636
......................GM

Last edited:
N

nightmarecreature

Hay guys here is the cal-mag I use I love it, its good shit maynard :) it wont harm ur bennies, 4 mil per gal, my store sells it for 27 a literView attachment 371193 View attachment 371194 View attachment 371195 ......................GM

That's the right stuff. Your right, it won't harm your bennies. $27 a liter is pricey. Botanicare is around $19 a liter. 5% Nitrogen would be too much for my recipe. I'm a cheap ass. I've never run advance floriculture but it looks like it's working for you because your buds are on swell like I've never seen !

I can't believe GreenLeaf would even sell a Cal/Mag that does not mix. I would have been rick rolled!

NeWcS

NeWcS

I know this thread is old'er but I wanted to chime in. While I've never used their cal/mag I have used a lot of other products from Greenleaf.
I have used; Logic grow/bloom, sweet candy, lucas, b52, zyme. Aside from the sweet candy going bad(I pre-mixed it. Didn't leave it dry.) I have had great results using everything I've listed. My nephew also uses their products and also has some really good results. Never had an issue with anything not mixing.
Its a shame they started charging for shipping. Was one of the biggest pluses....

Top Bottom