Greenleaf Nutrients / Mega Crop Official thread

• Thread starter greenleafnutrients
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

Did you just open the bag and look or did you mix it around first? When I’ve used this stuff I never try to make sure I have enough little balls or not. Just a proper mix and scoop is all I did. I did think right away that this was a possibility but you could grind it down as someone else said. Are the NPK values the same on each bag? Is there a visible difference in the color? I know they had a couple formulas floating around. When they made a new one they still had/have product out there that was being sold. I have a couple bags and both have different npk values and you can tell it’s not the same product.
That was the first thing I did with the first bag. I keep the powder in gallon mason jars and saw buttloads of balls pressed on the glass. I've mixed it multiple times after and thought they just switched recipes again.

I've got one 3lb bag coming. I'll report back on that mix if it comes in tomorrow. Honestly I could salvage the other two bags by just buying part A and remixing it. It's no big deal to add more calnit if I put too much A. Only thing is I also bought 2lbs of jacks and 3lbs of Envy (same as jacks with less sulfur and mg) and kinda liking them.

Choppr

Choppr

Only thing is I also bought 2lbs of jacks and 3lbs of Envy (same as jacks with less sulfur and mg) and kinda liking them.
Why not just Megacrop 2 part? -MC's 2 Part is just the cal/nit (the balls) separated from the 5-12-26 (powder) , I've used both, Jacks and MC - MC is Superior and Less expensive. The mix calculator on MC's website is awesome for dialing in, I know exactly what I'm feeding every time in elemental ppms - good luck M8

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

Why not just Megacrop 2 part? -MC's 2 Part is just the cal/nit (the balls) separated from the 5-12-26 (powder) , I've used both, Jacks and MC - MC is Superior and Less expensive. The mix calculator on MC's website is awesome for dialing in, I know exactly what I'm feeding every time in elemental ppms - good luck M8
Supply issues. Theyve been out of part A too many time since I started using MC. 1 parthad supply issues too but ive never seen it be out of stock as long or often as A.

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

I don't even need to open the bag. There are 4 huge ass stone clumps with a few other small clumps. Months after they admitted to the error I've gotten two bags with the clumps almost two months apart. This three lb should be a newer batch since they had run out of three lbs a month a so ago.

This is the end of my story with MC.

@greenleafnutrients please tighten up your QC. Wasted $80 on bad product.

My guess is that since there was a shortage on part A they added more calnit to make weight.

Last edited:
chuck88

chuck88

It is well known that Mega Crop is prone to absorbing moisture.

I do agree they could stand to take a look at their packaging process but...

Break up or grind the clumps and get on with it,,,,

It is an inexpensive and very effective nutrient.

Cheers

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

It is well known that Mega Crop is prone to absorbing moisture.

I do agree they could stand to take a look at their packaging process but...

Break up or grind the clumps and get on with it,,,,

It is an inexpensive and very effective nutrient.

Cheers
It's not just clumps, also too much cal nit. Stated many times. That was my original issue, not the clumps. I won't waste time sifting when my replacement nutes are fine.

Two years with no issues and now nothing but issues.

Any solution that requires my effort is not a solution. They were paid without issue or extra effort. My product in three separate bags should come with no issue or extra effort.

chuck88

chuck88

It's not just clumps, also too much cal nit. Stated many times. That was my original issue, not the clumps. I won't waste time sifting when my replacement nutes are fine.

Two years with no issues and now nothing but issues.

Any solution that requires my effort is not a solution. They were paid without issue or extra effort. My product in three separate bags should come with no issue or extra effort.
Considering all the "work" that goes into growing that sounds odd.

And as to "too much calcium nitrate, that is an advantage for me with my well water.

Calcium nitrate can reduce soil acidity and improve soil absorption of calcium, potassium and magnesium. The advantage of using calcium nitrate as fertilizer is that it can simultaneously increase the level of calcium and nitrogen in plants to promote healthy growth
I wish you well with your new nutrients !

Cheers

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

Considering all the "work" that goes into growing that sounds odd.

And as to "too much calcium nitrate, that is an advantage for me with my well water.

I wish you well with your new nutrients !

Cheers
I pay them for nutes to be mixed as advertised. Nothing odd about that at all. The work I do is expected. Paying a company $80 so I can fix their mistake is something no one should even consider recommending.

Too much Cal-Nit = ntox->lockout->deficiencies

Cal nit is fine. Too much is not. My first post stated the problems. MC is now history, so I don't need to keep discussing.

Good luck with your grows and I hope you don't have that shitty streak of bad luck I had. Hope I don't come off as an asshole to you, because I'd love to continue to share ideas in the future. We're all here with the same goals.

Maybe in another year I'll pop back in this thread after trying MC again. Been eyeballing complete crop as a possible alt. Envy is my next test since I have a bag of it.

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
I just opened up my newest bag of bad MC 1 part. The last one was bought back in June 22. Both bags have way more "balls" which are supposed to be CalNit and locked out my plants. I kept experimenting, flushing, adjusting to see if I was doing something wrong but it was the excess N wrecking my plants.

I switched to Jacks and doing fine so far but still experimenting where my plants like to be..

So, I decided to open the June 23 bag yesterday to see how it fared...still tons of CalNit but this one even had the stones/blobs that they said they had remedied. I can literally pull a teaspoonfull of CalNit balls from the last two bags where my previous bags I could sometimes get a scoop without CalNit and would have to make sure I grabbed some.

So now I have 10lbs of MC that's pretty much unusable. Fucked up thing is that I love MC so much I'm considering buying a third bag just to see what's in it compared to my last two bad batches.
hi, can you email customer support or send pictures here ? (don't check super often here). I am wondering if you got a bad bag or something, we would be able to replace if so for free.

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

hi, can you email customer support or send pictures here ? (don't check super often here). I am wondering if you got a bad bag or something, we would be able to replace if so for free.
It's not a big deal. I'll probably give 2 part a try next once my other nutes run out. I was able to return my last bag with the huge rock hard clumps but the other two were opened with 1 bag partially used while I was troubleshooting my problems. Even with my streak of bad luck with buying 1 part it's hard as hell to give up on Mega Crop. I was planning on switching to two part next before the bad bags.

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
It's not a big deal. I'll probably give 2 part a try next once my other nutes run out. I was able to return my last bag with the huge rock hard clumps but the other two were opened with 1 bag partially used while I was troubleshooting my problems. Even with my streak of bad luck with buying 1 part it's hard as hell to give up on Mega Crop. I was planning on switching to two part next before the bad bags.
We had a quality control issue on the Mega Crop 1 Part batch produced about 7 months ago. During the production process, it was a very humid/wet time at one of our production facilities, and the bags weren't sealed quick enough. The moisture was excessive in about 5% of the bags leading to excessive clumping and "rocks." So this is pretty unfortunate and we are giving people free replacements if this happened to you.

As far as the 2-Part A, we just released our new updated formula, and so far are really excited about it. We believe it exceeds performance of Jacks 5-12-26 for cannabis production, and also its extremely soluble and pH stable. We realized a lot of people were using the 2 Part with fertilizer injector systems, and making really high concentration batches (100x and higher), so we addressed any solubility issues at high concentration the previous one had.

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

We had a quality control issue on the Mega Crop 1 Part batch produced about 7 months ago. During the production process, it was a very humid/wet time at one of our production facilities, and the bags weren't sealed quick enough. The moisture was excessive in about 5% of the bags leading to excessive clumping and "rocks." So this is pretty unfortunate and we are giving people free replacements if this happened to you.

As far as the 2-Part A, we just released our new updated formula, and so far are really excited about it. We believe it exceeds performance of Jacks 5-12-26 for cannabis production, and also its extremely soluble and pH stable. We realized a lot of people were using the 2 Part with fertilizer injector systems, and making really high concentration batches (100x and higher), so we addressed any solubility issues at high concentration the previous one had.
View attachment 2024087
Nice! I was wondering if it was 5-12-26 or the new mix since the item description still had the old mix but the photos were updated. I'll probably grab a bag today just to avoid a shortage when I actually want to use it, lol.

Choppr

Choppr

Supply issues. Theyve been out of part A too many time since I started using MC. 1 parthad supply issues too but ive never seen it be out of stock as long or often as A.
You know you can buy this at Amazon - both A/B In 3lb 6lb 25lb , I've never seen it out of stock? And the 1 part product in various sizes also in stock.

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
We were completely out of stock of the 2-Part A for the previous 2 months, because we did a product reformulation (including bag redesign), it was much more difficult to get everything executed correctly. We ended up doing it in about 9 months, but had a small overlap with no stock.

Working now to get the new 2-Part A stock into Canada, UK and other regions!

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

You know you can buy this at Amazon - In 3lb 6lb 25lb , Ive never seen it out of stock?

You know you can buy this at Amazon - both A/B In 3lb 6lb 25lb , I've never seen it out of stock? And the 1 part product in various sizes also in stock.
It's been out twice in the last month - I think they had it back on June 23rd then went out of stock quickly after putting it up - and Part B has been out once that I've seen. Both Amazon and GL site.

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
The Part B is just Calcium Nitrate, which we did purposely so it would be interchangeable, low price and easy to find outside of our stock. We never ran out of Part B since there was no change made there.

Choppr

Choppr

We were completely out of stock of the 2-Part A for the previous 2 months, because we did a product reformulation (including bag redesign), it was much more difficult to get everything executed correctly. We ended up doing it in about 9 months, but had a small overlap with no stock.

Working now to get the new 2-Part A stock into Canada, UK and other regions!
I buy the 6.6lb bags A/B usually 2 of each. I dont like to run out.... Guess im just lucky then, In stock when I go to buy....

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
I buy the 6.6lb bags A/B usually 2 of each. I dont like to run out....
The new 2-Part A formula is only available in 3lb, and 25lb sizes. The 3lb looks like this. We are finding that people really like having smaller sizes, so we will probably go more that direction in the future. (while also keeping 25lb size available)

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

The Part B is just Calcium Nitrate, which we did purposely so it would be interchangeable, low price and easy to find outside of our stock. We never ran out of Part B since there was no change made there.
I thought your Cal Nit had silica and amino added: Includes bonus soluble Silica and Amino Acids other brands do not have

It was why I picked it instead of any old Cal Nit. I swore I read on your site a post where someone was asking when Part B was going to be back in stock.

greenleafnutrients

greenleafnutrients

Supporter
I thought your Cal Nit had silica and amino added: Includes bonus soluble Silica and Amino Acids other brands do not have

It was why I picked it instead of any old Cal Nit. I swore I read on your site a post where someone was asking when Part B was going to be back in stock.
nop, its always just been Calcium Nitrate. You can use other brands if you have access.
We might actually run out of stock of this in 1-2 months, but its not super urgent because Calcium Nitrate is really easy to find anywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom